Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 07, 2004, 03:50 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,034 Posts
Evo went downhill now dead!

Can anyone help me please. I did the led mod on my charger last week and all seemed fine. A day or so later the "time remaining" was at 0. I recharged overnight and it still read 0 even though the M'amp reading now showed 1495. the volts were up there so i flew all last weekend with no problems.
I since tried to program in a delta setting for a zagi and messed up some of the settings on my other planes. That was corrected and last night flew my Blade for a while. when i changed batteries everything went down. I wasn't able to arm the signal and batteries read dead. So i took them out and charged them at 200MA with my Astroflight charger and they took 1900ma!. but the TX still won't work
it asks to kill the throttle but nothing happens. If i press Enter to skip i find myself in the servo monitor mode? With 0 volts. I did notice there's no reaction to the throttle only. I went to properties of the current plane and the "assighnment" line was 8 triangles,same for all 5 planes , and no changes could be made. I did get it to start beeping madly at me a while ago and the voltage reading came back! but i can't reproduce it now. What the heck is going on I expected a learning curve on this but nothing as ugly as this!
edited PS the "on" led only goes on with 80% stick movement in RF off mode
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Last edited by A Monell; Jul 07, 2004 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2004, 05:15 PM
Acadiana
Joined Oct 2003
158 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem there - sounds like the electronics crapped out on you but if possible, you might try reloading the software from the mpxusa site. It could be a glitch in your flash memory.
On thing for sure, the LED mod did not do it. Your wall wart limits the current to 60ma so even with a dead short accross the LED/resisitor combo you would still only pass the 60ma. If you wired it correctly there should be no way to short accross the wall wart leads.
If you can't reload the software, best send it to Hitec as the thing could go haywire while you are flying if it's an intermittent.
Good Luck with it.
raytor is offline Find More Posts by raytor
Old Jul 07, 2004, 07:16 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,034 Posts
how do i add a link to another area( Hitec)

I wan't to call attention to this post in the vendors/hitec forum but in the past "cut and paste" has only duplicated the text. nothing anyone can click on and be there, sorry to be off topic but there may be others needing a refresh too.
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Old Jul 07, 2004, 09:10 PM
United States, AL, Madison
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Post a link to this discussion thread

Full text of this link is
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2361477
nuevo is offline Find More Posts by nuevo