HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2002, 11:51 PM
ARE
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jul 2001
133 Posts
Need help in identifying a rubber-powered free flight German manufactured plane...

I bought this plane about 10-12 yrs. ago unfortunately the only thing I remeber is that it was German made, I can't recall its name or the name of the company

It was rubber powered, with a sleek black plastic tube fuselage, the wings and the tail feathers were made of thin aluminum wire with a yellow plastic covering sort of like monokote.

This plane was a lot of fun, the thing that I still remember is that the plane was amazingly sturdy, I have yet to see a flying machine fly so well and be so strong. Two striking features about this plane were that the wing would pop-out on a nose impact and was advertised in the manual as such, the other was the black rubber like thing used for power. Most of my other rubber powered models needed rubber replacement every other week, this one lasted for 2 yrs.!

Also, it required zero assembly time, no gluing or anything, fly straight out of the box

Can anyone help me ID this plane/manufacturer ??

Thanks,

===
ARE
ARE is offline Find More Posts by ARE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2002, 04:06 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,470 Posts
You're definitely talking about GŁnther - the guys who make the Twinstar props :
http://www.spielwelt.de/index.html?target=Guenther.html
They chop and change their decor. Sometimes you can get both the glider and the rubber powered model, sometimes just one.
On the above website you will see the 'Apache' rubber powered model when you scroll down.
My Dad brought me back the glider on a trip to Germany in about 1961 and it was a total revolution in comparison to the small Keil Kraft models available in England at the time.
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP
Old Jan 21, 2002, 12:01 PM
ARE
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jul 2001
133 Posts
This is it .... thanks Chris!............ I didn't think it'll still be in production. I'll definitely be getting some, used to be my favourite plane, almost unbreakable

=======
ARE
ARE is offline Find More Posts by ARE