HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2004, 02:14 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,043 Posts
Aerobird type wing for a quick build sloper

I have been flying at a ciy dump/turned park with 3D type electric planes , but my original love of flight was in full scale sailplanes ( got my ticket at 16 years old down in Elmira, but never could afford to follow up much). Any way the dump has sexeral hundred yards of maybe 30deg slope before the treeline which is about level with the field.
I saw a replacement wing for one of those beginner pushers at the local hobystore and bought it to make a glider. Its 42" and I'm thinking of using a .2"dia. lightweight cf tube as a boom and 6mm depron for a 45? deg v tail and a carved epp pod from the te to ~7'' in front of the wing. total lenght about 28-30".
Does this sound like a good setup for a small slope. I am thinking also of covering the underchamber with something lightweight to enable a wider speed range. thanks for any help.
PS average WS= 4-15 mph
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
to remove ads between posts