HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2004, 09:57 PM
Frequent flyer
Grand Forks, ND
Joined Aug 2002
632 Posts
What do you get when you combine a CP piccolo and a nitro airboat?

I've always been someone who dabbles in anything RC, but I consider myself a piccolo pilot at heart... Anyway, as you know, flying a micro heli takes a large amount of inventiveness. parts break, and you often have to make your own upgrades/replacements. so take that same approach to a nitro airboat, using piccolo parts...

this is a aquacraft airforce airboat, from tower hobbies scratch and dent section, only a little over a $100! the only problem is the thing turns like the queen mary. so here comes the piccolo part... I had a broken CF blade from my cp that I had kept, and it was the PERFECT size to use as a rudder extension and also combination air rudder. (the boat only comes stock with a water rudder) Below is the result of the frankenstein piccolo airboat. anyway, ALWAYS hang on to those broken/spare parts, you never know when they will be useful...

(yes, that is the pic culprit in the bg, waiting for a new hub...)
rkramer is offline Find More Posts by rkramer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2005, 01:38 PM
USA, MO, Jefferson City
Joined Feb 2005
102 Posts
I'm considering buying one of these boats. I'm an airplane guy and an airboat with airplane power really appeals to me. Beyond the reliability issue, I can use my airplane field box for the boat.

I was also thinking of incorporating an air rudder into this design. Have you had a chance to test your modified rudder? How does it work?

Thanks
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Old Jul 05, 2005, 02:21 PM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,151 Posts
The foam blades on the Shogun make perfect elevons for the 25" WingWarrior Scrappy. The root of the blades has the perfect curve for the prop. Gotta love the spare parts bin.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Jul 05, 2005, 04:02 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
When I first saw the thread title, I thought of some crazy nitro airboat, with a piccolo rotorhead and assy stuck to the boat, and pics of it lifting out of the water...lol

Anyway, yep, looks good!

Im sure I will be doing similar as my spare-parts/broken-parts (a lot more of the later!) collection is ever increasing...

Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole