HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2003, 07:21 AM
Thats NOT indestructible
London UK
Joined Apr 2002
1,448 Posts
Hi Chippie

Is the transparancy method for photoresist?

The main info on this stuff is here http://www.cityfujisawa.ne.jp/~toko/pic

It is all in japanese, so you will have to run it through www.av.com 's translater

There is also info on the RX chip (the rest is on the above site) www.gaspode.co.uk

Josh
j8m8l is offline Find More Posts by j8m8l
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2003, 08:24 AM
North East England UK
Joined Jan 2003
1,432 Posts
Hi j8m8l, thanks for your reply.

The tutorial is based on my experiences with photoresist board and transparencies.

I have managed to reproduce boards with a good degree of repeatability.......the quality of the boards is very good using the photo method.

I tin my boards after etching and drilling to give a better finish.
Sadly the only thing lacking now is the "green" anti solder finish...but I'm sure in years to come that process will become available to the amateur.....I use Eagle - Lite software for my plots.

BTW thanks for the links

Chip
Chippie is offline Find More Posts by Chippie
Old Jan 04, 2003, 10:23 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
I've used the Sharp IS1U60 (IR Remote control receiver) available from RS components. A bit big by the standards of the serious micro guys here but very easy to use. If you use the Tx encoder out to drive the IR emitters you can feed the IS1U60 output direct into a 4017 decoder. Dead simple.

To be fair I've so far only used it on a C/L plane with the emitter(s) on the handle which is nice and simple. The receiver is always pointing directly at the emitter (unless your lines break ).

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Jan 04, 2003, 04:13 PM
Peotone,Il USA
Joined Oct 2000
100 Posts
Anyone following this thread know of a site
that has information on building a PIC
programer for the 12C508/509 series chips?
also would like locate software for above.
I spent sometime building up a LED modulator using a 555 chip running at 40khz connected
to a old Futaba fG transmitter via trainer jack
looks good on scope will have to wait for
sensors to come in in order to test.
joe price is offline Find More Posts by joe price
Old Jan 04, 2003, 05:30 PM
MSC Rödinghausen, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
http://www.jdm.homepage.dk/newpic.htm
http://www.bknd.com/
http://www.ic-prog.com/

and the original programming tool from the PIC manufacturer:

http://www.microchip.com/1010/pline/...ab5x/index.htm

Regards, Jochen
jberg is offline Find More Posts by jberg
Last edited by jberg; Jan 04, 2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2003, 01:45 PM
Was that my 15 minutes?
Leicester. UK
Joined Jan 2002
117 Posts
Joe,

I'd still recommend http://www.jdm.homepage.dk/newpic.htm as a cheap DIY programmer that works well with ic-prog (as opposed the Microchip offering). I have programmed a lot of PICs with this combination with little trouble and the programmer can be made from components that are often just lying around

Regards,
Andy
Andy Birkett is offline Find More Posts by Andy Birkett
Old Jan 06, 2003, 06:05 PM
Peotone,Il USA
Joined Oct 2000
100 Posts
Tnx Andy
I downloaded PIC-PROGRAMER schematic anything special about the BC547b transistors? Also can you direct me to where I can find IC-PROG?
Will the above programmer and software read
code from clip if it's not read protected?

Has anyone done any work on optimum sensor
geometry using two sensors back to bacy or at 90 deg. Also how many LEDS in transmitter fo good coverage in gym?

Tnx
Old Jan 06, 2003, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joe price
Also can you direct me to where I can find IC-PROG?
Look three posts up!

Regards, Jochen
Old Jan 06, 2003, 08:54 PM
Joined Nov 2002
67 Posts
DIY Infra-red ?

This site gives pinouts for the RX2C chip which is used in the "Thunder Racer" Bitcharger clone. but for IR use. See my post at "Bitcharger secrets":

http://www.hlec.com.cn/pdf/TX-2RX-2.pdf

Richard
spudnuty is offline Find More Posts by spudnuty
Old Jan 06, 2003, 09:22 PM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
The infrared control unit using 55 infrared light emitting diodes was set to the transmitter, and the airplane was flown in the gymnasium of 45mx36m.

The airplane flew satisfactory with the 0.76g infrared receiver which used one infrared sensor.

The infrared unit attachment parts which Mr. Yamao made.

The part was attached in my infrared control unit.

The infrared control unit was set to the antenna.
Koichi Tanaka is offline Find More Posts by Koichi Tanaka
Last edited by Koichi Tanaka; Nov 04, 2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2003, 10:12 PM
rebmeM roineS
Rockingham, Perth - Western Australia
Joined Apr 2001
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joe price
I downloaded PIC-PROGRAMER schematic anything special about the BC547b transistors?
Nothing special about them, just standard run-of-the-mill BC547's will do.

Quote:
Also can you direct me to where I can find IC-PROG?
I've been fooled by this site more than once, click on the screenshot image of the program for the link, then scroll down the menu and click 'Download'.
OR click this: http://www.ic-prog.com/download.html

Quote:
Will the above programmer and software read
code from clip{chip? - MrB} if it's not read protected?
Sure will.

Simon
MrBungle is offline Find More Posts by MrBungle
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:17 AM
Peotone,Il USA
Joined Oct 2000
100 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys
I built the jdm programmer, downloaded ic-prog and
tested with 12c509 everything works great.
Now where can I find code for the ir receiver?

thanks again
Old Jan 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
Was that my 15 minutes?
Leicester. UK
Joined Jan 2002
117 Posts
Joe,

I don't think you can just use the radio decoder from my site. I believe Jochen made a couple of modifications to make it work.

Cheers,
Andy
Andy Birkett is offline Find More Posts by Andy Birkett
Old Jan 14, 2003, 05:10 PM
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
Andy, Joe,

as said before I am still not sure why the original code did not work for me. I think the lowest throttle setting of my Tx was either too low or not low enough to properly trigger the auto detection.

My modifications bypass the auto detection code, fixing the throttle to channel 3, and I adjusted the max/neutral/min pulse withs to fit to those that my second (none-computer) Tx uses. So the modifications are not related to wether an IR sensor or an rf receiver are used in front of it. I am using that Tx (Multiplex Pico) for IR stuff and use my computer radio (Futaba FC-16) only for rf systems now.

I have tested my rx in flight last Sunday and have got a shorter range than I had expected after my first outdoor tests. Although I use 8 instead of 4 IR LEDs and 200 mA peak current per serial group of LEDs now I only got a range of about 20m, this is about half of the big gym's length that we have for our club's indoor meetings. Perhaps the strong fluorescent lighting together with the many roof windows disturbs the IR connection. It was around noon, by the way, when I tried the system, so a lot of sunlight came down through the roof windows.

I plan to try it again with more LEDs and I will keep you informed. If I find the time I will also try to get Andy's original rx PIC code running.

Regards, Jochen
Last edited by jberg; Jan 14, 2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:49 PM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
Jochen,

About the required number of the infrared rays IR LED used for a transmitter

In order to double notification distance, 4 times as many IR LED as this is required.
For example, if there is notification distance of 20m by four Light Emitting Diodes, 16 IR LEDs are needed for securing the notification distance which is 40m.
I am using 55 IR LEDs now. Peak current is about 700mA.
However, since average current is set to 60mA, there is very little the consumption current as compared with RF transmitter.
Since the directivity of IR LED is strong, each IR LED is set in the shape of radiation, and the intention nature is eased.
Notification distance will become somewhat short if it does so. Many IR LEDs were used in consideration of those things.

The daytime flight test was performed in the gymnasium of glazing using this transmitter. There is 45mx36m width. Although tested with both the receiver of one sensor, and the receiver of two sensors, both flew satisfactorily.There is notification distance of enough of 50m.
It is the picture which is flying with the receiver of one infrared sensor in the very bright gymnasium of daytime.
Koichi Tanaka is offline Find More Posts by Koichi Tanaka
Last edited by Koichi Tanaka; Nov 04, 2005 at 07:43 PM.