HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:30 AM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
Although flight time changed with the number of turns of rubber, it wound 2000 times and was the flight time for about about 5 minutes.
Koichi Tanaka is offline Find More Posts by Koichi Tanaka
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2003, 03:22 AM
MSC Rödinghausen, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
Koichi,

this rubberpower model is very interesting. Your systems are amazingly light, my receivers always end up at above 2g due to the DC booster and the PCB (I understand that you do not use a PCB).

How do you use 7 sets of IR systems simultaneously? There are still only two carrier frequencies (38 and 56kHz), right?

Regards, Jochen
jberg is offline Find More Posts by jberg
Old Aug 26, 2003, 04:14 AM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
Jochen,

he receiver was assembled using PCB.

PIC12LC509A of low voltage operation was used, and IR sensor also used the thing of low voltage operation. DC booster is not used.

The light receiver was able to be done by not using DC booster.

Career frequency is using 38kHz. It is possible by including a device code in a transmitter and a receiver, respectively to be able to carry out the simultaneous flight of the seven airplanes.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 04:43 AM
MSC Rödinghausen, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
Koichi,

I see. So, how do you prevent the transmitters from sending simultaneously and mixing up their signals? Do you connect the transmitters by a synchronisation wire (some sort of token ring)? Or are your decoders just smart enough to get their signal out of the mix?

I have thought about a system where, say, four joystick boxes are connected to one transmitter and each one uses another set of servo channels (1-3, 4-6 and so on). The receivers only decode their channels and ignore all other channels.

But there is the disadvantage of cables hanging around everywhere.

Or, do you just point to your models with your tx'es?

Regards, Jochen
jberg is offline Find More Posts by jberg
Old Aug 26, 2003, 06:08 AM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
Jochen,

The signal outputted from a transmitter is a 24-bit code. A receiver is distinguished by 3 bits in it. Infrared rays are not outputted except when controlling.

For example, even if it continues pushing the button of left revolution, a transmitter sends out a signal intermittently for every about 80msec.

A receiver receives the signal sent for every 80msec, and sends the signal of left revolution to an actuator.

Even if a device code which is different from other transmitters is sent, a device discernment circuit refuses reception.

When the signal has been simultaneously sent from two transmitters, both of the signals are refused.

The airplane which flies to the business which drifts slowly does not need to operate a rudder frequently. Only when required, a signal is sent from a transmitter. Seven sets of simultaneous flights become possible by it.

Koichi
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:14 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Koichi Tanaka
The palm-size infrared transmitter was made using the joy stick supplied from DIDEL.
Is this the joystick on this page http://www.didel.com/Frames.html?MainFrame=microkit/ or is it from the Ted controller? (Or are they the same?)

Quote:

It decomposed and joystick was converted into the mode 1.

It is compatible with a Futaba transmitter.

Does this mean that it is compatable with the IR rx on your website? (Kind of obvious, but would not hurt to ask!)

Thanks and sorry for so many questions! This is just the kind of thing I am looking for as my next project!

Thanks Again!
Dindea is offline Find More Posts by Dindea
Last edited by Dindea; Sep 26, 2003 at 06:16 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:35 AM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Joysticks?

I wonder if these could work?

These are from the playstation one controller and they look similar to the joysticks on the Didel website. At Didel they want $7 for one joystick, and you can get an analog controller for ~$6 - ~$15 and get two joysticks.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:59 AM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
They look tastey
Graham Stabler is offline Find More Posts by Graham Stabler
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:23 AM
Zama city, Kanagawa, Japan
Joined Dec 2002
199 Posts
Dindea,

Kohichi is using the joystick from Didel. Actually I bought it from Didel and sent it to Koihchi.
I know that the Didel's joystick is made in Japan !!
Can you find any logos or signes on the similar joystick you have posted in this thread?
moto is offline Find More Posts by moto
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:39 AM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Joystick

I read some more of Koichi's website and found out where he had taken his joysticks apart and had a link to the makers website.

The only marking on them is a " P S " stamped into the side of them, but I have not unsoldered them fromt he PCB yet to see the bottom of them.

The item in the circle is the momentary switch on the outside of the joystick, while Koichi's has a switch under the joystick.

I am assumming that they work in the same way, if you push on this stick, you close the switch.

The things in yellow on the sides are the pots.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:44 AM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Here is the pic!

Oops!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:48 AM
Joined Dec 2002
199 Posts
I and Kohichi is feeling it is almost the same.

But, Didel's joystick has 6 holes on its surface, and has 2 black pots.
It seems special construction to Playstation. If you can find 'NOBLE' logo, the maker is the same. It is still unclear if the configurations is the same or not.....
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:04 AM
Japan
Joined Dec 2002
327 Posts
Thank you for moto.

Dindea,

The joy stick which I am using seems to differ from the joy stick of PS for a while.

However, I think that it can use for a transmitter.

Since my mini IR transmitter has made a Futaba transmitter and pulse timing the same, IR receiver for Futaba can be used as it is.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:24 AM
Joined Dec 2002
199 Posts
Yah!

We have to get and disassemble all of cheap game controllers now!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:46 AM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
COOL!

I measured the resistance of the pots and they measured:

4.40K (Center)

So they should work pretty good!

Edit: Added K Ohm designations only.
Last edited by Dindea; Oct 16, 2003 at 11:38 AM.