HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:11 PM
DS JUNKY
DA VALLEY, CA
Joined Jun 2004
1,442 Posts
Filip 2M vs NSP Sparrow 66" or other similar plane 1.5-2M?

Sorry guys I originally posted this in the sailplane section which I guess is the wrong area. Mod please delete the other one.

Looking for a plane in the 1.5-2m sizes. Something that isn't too tricky for an intermediate like me to fly. The Sparrow 66" looks like a great combo of features (light lift performance, aerobatic, fast) with the drawback of members complaining the fuse is very weak. I would honostly prefer the look of a bigger 2M plane such as a Swallow/Sparrow Hawk or the Filip 2M as its the cheapest of the bunch and I won't feel so bad crunching the crunchie. Anyone have any experiance with the Filip 2M? Or can tell me how it compares with a sparrow 66" I want to have something that will roll pretty quick and the Filip's alierons look on the smalish side. By the way for you guys that can fly aerobatic I used to do knife edges with my power planes can you do that in a V tail sail plane and do you need Ruddervader function to hold rudder while its on its side? Anyway guys sorry if I'm being a lil redudant I did spend almost the whole day yesterday reading through previous posts but couldn't narrow it down enough. Thanks again in advance.
Z06kal is offline Find More Posts by Z06kal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:17 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,901 Posts
Go look at the Soaring USA page and see what Bob has there! Lot's of cool 2 meter stuff available-- I've got a nice Opus that I love to fly! The Blade's are nice too! Got a lot of choices out there!!
Tim
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Jun 29, 2004, 07:00 PM
Slope Dog
The Gorge
Joined Mar 2002
794 Posts
See if you can find a Multiplex Lucky. I am not sure if it is still in production but if you can get you hands on one you won't be disapointed. Obechi sheeted wing and real nice glass work on the fuse. RG 15 foil with RG 14 at the tips. I have flown 3 different Lucky's and every one was rock solid and a blast to fly.
Good Luck
gorgeflyer is offline Find More Posts by gorgeflyer
Old Jul 01, 2004, 02:14 AM
Retired Slope Racer
SoCal
Joined May 2003
2,540 Posts
Here is our range of 60" (1.5M) planes:
http://www.soaringusa.com/products/sailplanes/60.htm

Before anyone can give you any usefull advice or testimony on any plane, we need to know more about you, where you fly, what your experience and ability level is, etc...

Cheers,

Nathan Woods
nwoods is offline Find More Posts by nwoods
Old Jul 01, 2004, 03:07 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,329 Posts
Gorgeflyer,

Yes those that own the Multiplex Lucky are just that...
I think the airfoils are RG15 root to RG12 at the tips, though.

It sure would be nice if Hitec/Multiplex got there act together and started marketing the "contestline" of kits again!!!

We can only hope. I guess they are making too much money with all that beaded foam electric junk that sells like hotcakes, to worry about the sloping minority.

I miss my Lucky,

Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target