SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:37 AM
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
Joined Oct 2003
680 Posts
xtal for futaba tx and naro rx

Hi, i recently ordered a micro xtal from aircraft world
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=1947

Im trying to use my gws naro rx with my futaba 6e?? tx. Im not sure if i got the right xtal though. It says berg on it, and doesnt look like the pic on thier site. Its the right frequency, but when i installed it in the rx and turned the radio on everything went haywire and flipped out

I sent them an email about it, but wanted a second opinion as to wether this crystal should work with my rx/tx? I know the reciever works fine, i maidened my bn2 last night using the gws radio instead.

Thanks
nogoer is offline Find More Posts by nogoer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:28 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
The crystal is probably fine but it's very likely that you have a JR compatible GWS Rx which is why it will not work with a Futaba Tx.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:49 PM
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
Joined Oct 2003
680 Posts
I didnt really consider the rx might be positive shift like jr stuff. I have heard of quite a few people using the gws gear with futaba.

Is there a way i can find out numbers or anything to let me know if its compatible?
nogoer is offline Find More Posts by nogoer