Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 28, 2004, 05:14 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
930 Posts
Rear Fin Support on DF2003

Guys,

My DF2003 took a high speed side on crash into my fence today. Wind gusts of up to 40 plus knots should have told me to stay on terra firma!

Damage =

1 x Broken flybar paddle & Bolt (thread stripped)
1 x Busted Tail Blade (Getting used to this one)

All easily fixed, and given the velocity of impact, a credit to the robust'ness of the DF.

The thing is, the boom now seems to droop so that the tail boom (My DF is the 2003 model with the 'stick and white plastic') now touches the ground.

Is that how they are, or have I bent something and done a tad more damage than I thought?

Never really noticed before.

Cheers,
Paul.
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:29 AM
Joined May 2004
66 Posts
The tail boom on my 2004 dragonfly touches the floor on anything soft like carpet. Well, the white fin thing does anyway. Its probably 1mm or less from the ground on a solid surface.

PS you flew in 40 knots of wind? I havent tried outside in anything other than dead calm yet. Or rather I tried once in about 3mph winds but even that was enough to make my helicopter go much higher than I intended and sent my back indoors. Im a bit of a chicken though I really dont want to damage it.
torque2me is offline Find More Posts by torque2me
Old Jun 28, 2004, 07:30 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
930 Posts
G'day Torque2me,

Well, It was gusting on and off all day to max 40 kts.

I was in a reasonably sheltered area and then came a lull in the wind and, well, ......... I couldn't resist it. Power up, wind came back with avengence
and off she went!

Guess I was desperate for a fly, (and a little experimentation with wind factor).

Paul.

PS,

Yeh, my carbon tail support rod now touches the ground when the heli is sitting on a flat surface. I never noticed that before, maybe I have bent the whole frame or somethings out of whack? Annoying as cant find any obvious reason or anything broken.
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin