SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2001, 09:30 PM
Hayden,Alabama
Joined Apr 2001
13 Posts
3 Birds Attack Firebird!!!

Hey Guys I had 3 birds attack my firebird today,I was just gliding around when out of nowwhere Bam!! None of them seem to do anything to it so I decided to have some fun .About 2 days ago I put the rods in the 1 st hole on the control surface of my v-tail and I seem to turn a little better.So when they turned around I proceeded to chase them. I had a lot of fun till it started getting a little dark so I landed and came in.Also what would be the best radio to get next a Two stick or a Hitec single stick transmiter? Since I'm used to the firebird would Two be better??Help Appericated...
Jonathan is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2001, 11:20 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,507 Posts
Go with a 2 stick radio, because it will most likely have more than 3 channels which leaves your options open for more advanced planes when your skills advance.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old May 28, 2001, 04:05 AM
Joined Apr 2001
284 Posts
If your talking about a 4 channel 2 stick, Iíd say go that route. But donít get a 2 channel 2 stick. If you go to a system with more channels later you will have a hard time adjusting to the change over to controlling on one stick for pitch and roll. With less than 4 channels the hitec 3 single stick is a steal. If you want to do the most fun aerobatics you need 4 channels so if you can buy 4 channels or more.
-fish
fisher is offline Find More Posts by fisher
Old May 30, 2001, 05:19 AM
SF Bay Area, California, USA
Joined May 2001
383 Posts
If you believe that this hobby will be a lifetime and have the money, go for a computer Radio system with 6 or more channels. Later on as you advance you'll find yourself buying a computer radio, which happened to me as I progress. Now with my computer Radio, I can use up to five different models stored in memory, and the hitec 3 channel, and futaba 4 channel are just sitting around. Plus, when you advance you'll find that a computer radio is a must because of the features that it has like sub-trims, exponential, servo mixing, ect..
If this is going to be a lifetime hobby, in the long run you will save money by purchasing yourself a computer radio which can fly practically almost all different kinds of planes, whether it is gliders, Zagi with V-tail mixing, and helicopters. When I was starting out I thought I was not going to get involve with helis and just wanted a plane that can fly simply. Now I crave for speed, helis, and aerobatic airplanes. This hobby is really addicting. Anyways if you have the money go for a computer radio, that's the tradeoff, the high initial cost, but later you'll find it beneficial to your hobby. Don't take my word for it, it is just my opinion.
rcastab is offline Find More Posts by rcastab
Old May 30, 2001, 09:38 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
I am to get a computer radio if I ever truly learn to fly. So far its been an exercise in frustration. I have the sky scooter 3 channel AM radio, and it works fine. And I should be able to use it with other models.

soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old May 30, 2001, 11:07 AM
Berkeley, CA USA
Joined Apr 2001
643 Posts
rcastab:

Dewd...where in berkeley are you flying? and what channel?

Mighty Mik is offline Find More Posts by Mighty Mik