HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2004, 07:10 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jun 2001
1,009 Posts
Any problem with bipe dihedral and incidence??? TM!

Hi all

Half way through converting the Kyosho TM for e flight. Sure enough the upper wing have more than dihedral than necessary. The instruction mentioned it for lower wing but not upper wing. Its just said make sure both side the same!!!!!Darn!

So with minimal tool, I built the upper wing as good as I can, and now the wing strut is too short. While I can mount the strut, but I'm almost 1 inch short. I can see the wing got stress bit especially the lower wing.

I lower the center cabane by drilling a lower mounting hole by 5/8 of an inch. This lower the upper wing overall. My strut still short of about 2/8-3/8 in and the stress of pulling the lower wing up for mounting seem lesser now.

Are there any danger or risk of wing falling apart and flying characteristic? Or I can just mount the wing up and leave it for a week, eventually the wing/wood structure will conform to the new angle?

The shape of TM is taking place ie flatter dihedral on top wing compare to the bottom one.
Magna is offline Find More Posts by Magna
to remove ads between posts