HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:27 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi Shaun, Yep I got your e-mail, thanks for the reply. I was looking for another body kit, not a chassis. I figure i'll trash the existing one pretty quickly so it might be good to have a lexan one to start with and leave the kit body for shelf queen duties.

Unfortunately i'm not available this weekend, it's my first anniversary and i'm sure the missus wouldnt be too happy with me running off to check out RC Bikes and cancel on our existing plans. Might not get to the 2nd anniversary

Next weekend would be good though, i'm off to Sydney next wed until friday so i'll be back for Sat/Sun.

Nexzzt: Whats that 1/5 Royal like, have you run it yet ?. I've never seen one of those before.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:52 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,678 Posts
Hey, that's cool Troy,.. yeah, you don't want to do that..! lol Not a good look.. She'll tell you to get out the door, and on your bike!,.. on the 1/8..

Next week is ok with us, we'll just set a time and a place and we'll meet you there.. I'll let you know soon..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:59 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Unfortunately i'm not available this weekend, it's my first anniversary and i'm sure the missus wouldnt be too happy with me running off to check out RC Bikes and cancel on our existing plans. Might not get to the 2nd anniversary
Happy wife, happy life i think is a great motto to stand by.

Quote:
Nexzzt: Whats that 1/5 Royal like, have you run it yet ?. I've never seen one of those before.
It was ok, but the steering sucked and it was all plastic. After running my TT it just wasn't as much fun. (note the use of past tense )

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:29 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,678 Posts
Hey, you guys, check this out.. Here's some pics of the new track that's being built down on the GoldCoast.. I think it'll be just as good as Brendale, and as good as Brooky in the UK.. Can't wait till it's finished..!!

All we need is more RC bikers here in Qld..

Shaun
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:04 AM
Joined Mar 2006
41 Posts
Shaun, looks great, will be up for a trip there myself when it's up and finished.

Also sent you a PM.

Cheers J Rxion Hobbies Australia
Rxion Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by Rxion Hobbies
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yer, looks great. All we need is a 3rd 1/5 track on the north coast and we're set for choice. Actually, I wonder how much is would cost to hire out "The Big Kart Track" for a day. We could run an enduro that would last one lap.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
124 Posts
Looks like a good place for the 2008 bike worlds to me
Sean S is offline Find More Posts by Sean S
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:16 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Yeah that looks great, Awesome roads around that area for the 1:1 bikes too!. Theres a couple of Indoor kart tracks not far from there in Nerang as well.
I know the local RC club used to (possibly still do) meet at the mudgeeraba netball courts (about 10 mins sth of Gilston) I wonder if it's the same crew planning this track.
I'll find out when the next meet is and go along to see if theres any Bike interest happening there.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
Joined Sep 2005
34 Posts
good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean S
i'll make the trip if it goes ahead, heck i'll make the trip just to take my bike for a run with others.
bollocks103 is offline Find More Posts by bollocks103
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:24 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxion Hobbies
Shaun, looks great, will be up for a trip there myself when it's up and finished.

Also sent you a PM.

Cheers J Rxion Hobbies Australia
J,.. that would be cool..! Bring some extra bikes with you for promoing etc,.. heck, bring the shop with you and you could sell one or two NF's/TT's..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Yer, looks great. All we need is a 3rd 1/5 track on the north coast and we're set for choice. Actually, I wonder how much is would cost to hire out "The Big Kart Track" for a day. We could run an enduro that would last one lap.
Now that would be nice,.. racing on 3 different tracks every month.. I'd be in heaven..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean S
That's not a bad Idea..! But I don't think it would be anytime soon though..

Shaun
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:39 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that looks great, Awesome roads around that area for the 1:1 bikes too!. Theres a couple of Indoor kart tracks not far from there in Nerang as well.
I know the local RC club used to (possibly still do) meet at the mudgeeraba netball courts (about 10 mins sth of Gilston) I wonder if it's the same crew planning this track.
I'll find out when the next meet is and go along to see if theres any Bike interest happening there.
Troy, yeah, I've riden around there once or twice myself, but I don't have my 1/1 bike anymore..

It is the same club from Nerang building the track.. That would be cool if you could find out some goss about it anyway..!? Let them know that the bike guys are keen to maybe start a class there if we can get up the numbers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollockz103
i'll make the trip if it goes ahead, heck i'll make the trip just to take my bike for a run with others.
,.. where are you at..? I never knew you were from here..(Aus)? That would be great if we could all meet there one day in show of support for the bikes... What bike do you run, TT/NF, nitro/elec..?

Shaun
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:17 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
That's not a bad Idea..! But I don't think it would be anytime soon though..
Yeah, was just thinking out loud. Hopefully you guys can get something going there with the bikes and can look at hosting the worlds sometime.

Hoping to get something going in New Zealand too, got a few interested parties but who knows if they will be true to their word and actually get bikes. If something gets going in both countries maybe a trans tasman event could be organised then.

Thank goodness dreams are free or i'd be broke
Sean S is offline Find More Posts by Sean S
Last edited by Sean S; Aug 20, 2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:00 AM
Joined Sep 2005
34 Posts
,.. where are you at..? I never knew you were from here..(Aus)? That would be great if we could all meet there one day in show of support for the bikes... What bike do you run, TT/NF, nitro/elec..?

Shaun[/QUOTE]
well actually im not from OZ im in NZ, but i was thinking that it would be hard to make a trip and bring my bike along as well. i have relations there and would love to have me crash on their couch
bollocks103 is offline Find More Posts by bollocks103
Old Aug 24, 2006, 04:38 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,678 Posts
Just thought I'd see if anyone here (Brizzy) was keen to hook up for a run this weekend,.. looks like Sunday is good for Ben and I.. Probably just hit a carpark or whatever,.. their racing this Sunday at Wynnum.. Or if someone knows of another cool spot..!?

Shaun
Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:59 AM
Adelaide
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
next time im up that way i'll definitely have to catch up. are there any bikers in adelaide. my missus grabbed the bike as soon as it arrived & won't let me touch it till December. grrrrrgh. i hate waiting for Bdays to come round. especially when i have everything lined up sitting there ready to start the build. looks like i'll have to stick to the nitro & ep offroad scene to scratch the RC itch. just finished mixing fuel for Sunday's race.
promugenman is offline Find More Posts by promugenman