HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:44 PM
Adelaide
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
was looking at ultra hobbies for something else & saw this on their front page.

http://ultrahobbies.com.au/store/cus...46&cat=0&page=

didn't take long for them to land downunder.
promugenman is offline Find More Posts by promugenman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:25 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by promugenman

Great find . Im wondering if the business owner is willing to stock a bike like that, would they stock 1/5 race bike products like GRP/PMT tyres etc.

EDIT: Just found they have stocked GRP tyres at some point (well a front tyre anyway) but they are out of stock.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:41 AM
Adelaide
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
if i can't get mugan parts anywhere local in a hurry, i know i can get them from him, even if they're not listed, give him a call & he usually has one in stock. he's pretty good to deal with, i'm sure if he was approached & asked he would probably try to help out with stocking common parts like tires etc. if there was a big enough demand he'd surely stock them. he races in the 1/8th buggy scene from what i understand, so the offroad bike would have been a drawcard.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:56 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
if i can't get mugan parts anywhere local in a hurry, i know i can get them from him, even if they're not listed, give him a call & he usually has one in stock. he's pretty good to deal with, i'm sure if he was approached & asked he would probably try to help out with stocking common parts like tires etc. if there was a big enough demand he'd surely stock them. he races in the 1/8th buggy scene from what i understand, so the offroad bike would have been a drawcard.
I just gave Brad a call, he is going to look into getting GRP bike tires. Thanks for the tip
Old Jun 19, 2007, 03:12 AM
Adelaide
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
cool. glad he'll do it. will be good to order them local. there's another bike only website in Australia, but i found it hard to get what i wanted from him. not sure where he was based.

edit: this is the site

http://www.rxionhobbies.com.au/index...2b9cf8e287c6bc
Old Jun 19, 2007, 04:32 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
cool. glad he'll do it. will be good to order them local. there's another bike only website in Australia, but i found it hard to get what i wanted from him. not sure where he was based.

edit: this is the site

http://www.rxionhobbies.com.au/index...2b9cf8e287c6bc
Yep, I think the guys name is Jay, but he is closing down/selling the business
Old Jun 19, 2007, 06:11 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:

Hey, I've spoken to him before a few years back about getting parts for the 1/5's,.. he's been on here before too.. Now that he's got Antonio's bike on his site I think I'll be getting one from him pretty soom.. And I may just need to sell a bike to compensate for it..! lol

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Jun 20, 2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Ooppsss,.. made a boo'boo..
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:18 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Time Sheets for 17/6/07...

Ok, here's the time sheets from last Sunday, plus the overall point scores to date for this year...

Ben had a good day taking out 2nd place.. He kept the pase up all day and was'nt far behind me as usual.. I'm constsntly having to keep watching to see where he is.., cause if I fumble once he's usualy right there before I know it..

Well, Simon did waste any time getting back into the flow of things after being away for over a month, he put down 8 laps in every race with his new McLarney.., but I think his gear mesh was a little close and maybe slowed him down a bit, but a good run none the less.. Simon took out 3rd for the day..

Troy was alot more consistant this time, he's improved alot since our previous meets.. Good to see.. Troy took 4th for the day..

Lenny had a mixed day, a few minor probs but enough to stop him from finishing 2 of his heats, but when his bike was gremlin free he was doing great.. (Did that servo horn do the trick..?) Lenny took 5th for the day..

I had a good day too, just in the 2nd heat I swapped motors to see if a thermaling problem I had in the last meets we had was still there, and yep, halfway into the 2nd heat and halfway down the back straight it did the same again,.. so back to the old 5800 and it was all good again.. I took 1st for the day..

Sorry if I missed anything, as allways, it's hard to keep track of who's doing what..

Shaun
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:30 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
It was great to be back at racing, but after a month off and first meet with the new bike I was not going to push too hard. The McClarney is a very different to my old bike, but in a good way, I'm looking forward to tinkering with the setup. I had an awsome dice with Lenny in the 2nd or 3rd heat, the highlight of the meet for me. Hanging for the next meet

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:32 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC speedracer
Shaun,
What size spur and pinion will I need ?
Thanks
Chris,.. I think I might have not given you the pinion for your bike..? But you'll only need one spur and one pinion.. I don't see you destroying them anytime soon..., they'll last you for ages...

anyhow, you just need the stock TTe spur and the 14T pinion... That's what we all use..

Shaun
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
Australia, New South Wales, Grafton
Joined Apr 2007
32 Posts
Pinion & Spur

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that.

Just one question,

Do you know what size the spur is on the TTe ?

Chris
GC speedracer is offline Find More Posts by GC speedracer
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC speedracer
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that.

Just one question,

Do you know what size the spur is on the TTe ?

Chris
Guys, jump in if im wrong but I think its 32dp 69t

Ben

EDIT: THIS is the TTE stock spur
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:49 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
With the timesheets, does anyone know if the Personal Bests are set each session or are they saved ?.
Like for eg. Do I set a PB each meet (like, in the first heat) and then try to beat it in subsequent heats or if I go slower than last week at the next meet will I not get a PB at all ?.

Hope I explained it clear enough..
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Chris, sorry I was'nt able to respond to your question today, I don't get home till 6.30pm every night.. But Ben's right, 32dp 69T spur and a 14T pinion...

Troy,.. I'm not to sure how the system at Gilly works but, I think it's just for the day,.... I could be wrong..> Chris..???

Simon,.. I tried calling Andrew (one of the guys from the weekend with a TTn) about what he needed, fork wise, to get him going again but he has'nt got back to me... If you need to make your order with Bruce now, then go for it.. I'll just wait till he gets back to me and I'll make an order then...

Shaun
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:42 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Simon, Shaun,

I was speaking to Helmut from trackside the other day, He had some forks for a TTN for someone local that had bought and then crashed. Looked like the same parts that guy borrowed from Shaun on Sunday.

Lenny.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma