HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 06:33 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Just pickup this...

It's a 1/5 scale Royal I found on Ebay

Pic
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2005, 07:10 AM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
...Other times I've found that a cable lube that I use on the 1/1 bikes seems to work well, and stays on the little chains. I haven't used the 1/1 chain lube on these. I think it's just too tacky...
WOW!
You have 1:1 RC bikes?

Sorry for OT but I couldn't resist...
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Old Jul 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Any Brissy guys taking their bikes for a run on Saturday?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 02:45 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Any Brissy guys taking their bikes for a run on Saturday?
Hi Ben,.. no, I've gotto work today (Sat) too , it's been a 60hour week for me this week.. I've got some other things to finish off at home on Sunday too, but I'll be keen to go out to Wynn in the arvo if their not racing!...

Shaun (I wished for a real job,.. now look what it's got me into..!?!? )
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Aug 07, 2005, 07:23 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Well,.. I was just wondering at how many guys there actually are running 1/5th bikes in S.E Qld, and that are keen to make a date to hook up for a race somewhere, sometime soon..??? Just post here if your interested.... Or PM me..

Maybe we just do a head count of how many there are of us on this forum,.. but there are also those too that may have bikes but don't know of this forum.. As for racing here in Brizzy, we'll need 4-5 or more of us to start a class for the bikes!..

Shaun (keeping the thread alive)
Old Aug 07, 2005, 05:46 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Well,.. I was just wondering at how many guys there actually are running 1/5th bikes in S.E Qld, and that are keen to make a date to hook up for a race somewhere, sometime soon..??? Just post here if your interested.... Or PM me..

Maybe we just do a head count of how many there are of us on this forum,.. but there are also those too that may have bikes but don't know of this forum.. As for racing here in Brizzy, we'll need 4-5 or more of us to start a class for the bikes!..

Shaun (keeping the thread alive)
.....Count me in
Old Aug 08, 2005, 03:09 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
sorry, but myself and my flatmate are in Newcastle NSW. bit too far to travel.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Aug 08, 2005, 08:54 AM
I do this for fun!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,196 Posts
I'm definitely interested to come and have a look.

I will want to be racing though to get involved. From past experience with cars and boats I know that just running around playing won't hold my interest for long.

Please PM me to let me know when you're next out to play.

Ken.
skyboyken is offline Find More Posts by skyboyken
Old Aug 08, 2005, 02:54 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Hi Ken,.. glad your interested in the bikes, they're much more fun than racing touring cars.. Cars get pretty boring to run after a while, I find them a bit to predictable, with unrealistic accelleration and far to many hackers out there trying to win their paycheck at the end of the day..!!! I guess too that it's because I've been into bikes all my life also that make these bike way more fun than cars... I've been into these bikes now for over 4yr's without getting to race them for real, and I'm still into them now as much as when I started.

I'll let you know when I go out next Ken, I'll get some of the other guys to come out too, like Ben(nexzzt), Macka,.. there's also another 2 guys too but they've been out for a while now, not sure if their still keen or not.. Anyway, you'll enjoy watching all the same!..

I have about 2-3 more weeks of fulltime work, then I'll be out and about alot more often with my bikes again...

Shaun
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:18 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Bump...

It's been a while since this thread was up.. So I just thought I'd see if there was any 'Newbies' out there in the local or coastal Brisbane area that are interested in 1/5th's, or have one allready, and maybe want to hook up for a run.. (Just curious, you never know who's watching this forum)..

Also,.. seeing if any of you (Brisbane RCG) regulars want to get together for a track sesh this weekend at Wynnum, or where ever..!??

It's been a while..!!!!

Shaun
Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:13 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Bump... again..

Same as the post above says, but if any of you local Brizzy or GoldCoast guys want to hook up for a run sometime soon, just post here... We need to get something happening in OZ.. We need to start a 1/5 bike scene in Brisbane/Australia..

If your not to good at running it yet, getting together for a run will help you and everyone.. (It does'nt bother me if you can't ride the thing yet, we all had to start somewhere.. I'll help anywhere I can)..

Shaun
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:02 AM
Jev
Joined Sep 2005
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Same as the post above says, but if any of you local Brizzy or GoldCoast guys want to hook up for a run sometime soon, just post here... We need to get something happening in OZ.. We need to start a 1/5 bike scene in Brisbane/Australia..

If your not to good at running it yet, getting together for a run will help you and everyone.. (It does'nt bother me if you can't ride the thing yet, we all had to start somewhere.. I'll help anywhere I can)..

Shaun
Shaun have you ever demo'd your bike at any car clubs in the area? You never know, you might get some converts . I think the fact that not many people know the 1/5th bikes even exist let alone how well they can go is limiting wide scale apeal.
Jev is offline Find More Posts by Jev
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:03 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi, I'm on the Gold Coast, i've recently got a HOR kit and i'm still putting it together and waiting on a receiver. I'm very keen to get out and see the 1/5 bikes in action, let me know if theres any events coming up or just a parking lot ride and i'll do my best to make it.
I think it's only a mater of time after seeing them and doing a few runs on the 1/8 that i'll be keen to get my hands on a 1/5. Ive already got some saved searches on ebay keeping an eye out for me

Hope to catch up soon.

Cheers,

Troy
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:09 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Hi, I'm on the Gold Coast, i've recently got a HOR kit and i'm still putting it together and waiting on a receiver. I'm very keen to get out and see the 1/5 bikes in action, let me know if theres any events coming up or just a parking lot ride and i'll do my best to make it.
I think it's only a mater of time after seeing them and doing a few runs on the 1/8 that i'll be keen to get my hands on a 1/5. Ive already got some saved searches on ebay keeping an eye out for me

Hope to catch up soon.

Cheers,

Troy
Welcome Troy, your right about the 1/5 bikes. Once you've seen them up close you will be wanting one.

Im keen to head out this weekend if you and Shaun (and anyone else) can make it.

Ben
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:22 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,708 Posts
Hey, Troy,.. Welcome, good to see you on here..! Thanks for repling.. I got your email and sent you one too.., did you get it..?

Well, where do we all want to meet up on the weekend then..? Sunday would be a good day for me.. We could all meet at Wynnum, it's free this weekend,.. not the best track to see these bikes at their best, but good enough.. Logan is back to normal racing again too, it would be a better track.. I'm not sure what their off days are at the mo but I'll check..

There's also a large scale track being built on the GoldCoast too, I heard.. I hav'nt had a look at the thread on the rctech site yet but I'll have a look at that too and find out when it's dew to be completed.. That would be awesome.. Can't wait to see it!.. We'd have 2 good bike tracks then in Qld, Brendale and the GoldCoast..

Shaun