HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:31 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco070
too dear still , you have 1 bid at 290 , i think your lucky to get that
Hardly been used as you should be able to tell by the pictures I think it was a total of 3 Battery packs.

Bike $200
Speed controller $189
Motor $69
Motor Heat sink $27
Batteries $120
Servo $39
new shell $40

TOTAL $684

Yeah I would love to give it to you drop by and you can have it Didn't know I was a bloody charity.
hassro is offline Find More Posts by hassro
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2005, 11:16 PM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassro
Hardly been used as you should be able to tell by the pictures I think it was a total of 3 Battery packs.

Bike $200
Speed controller $189
Motor $69
Motor Heat sink $27
Batteries $120
Servo $39
new shell $40

TOTAL $684

Yeah I would love to give it to you drop by and you can have it Didn't know I was a bloody charity.

i did better buying overseas , and going buy how long it is taking you to sell the thing , that shows you are asking too much ,. so dont be pissed that i offer my view for others to see . oh and as for the charity crack , i never thought of you as one i only ever thought of you as a fool .
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
Old May 20, 2005, 07:17 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
So what's going down today?,.. anyone keen to go for a run somewhere..??? Macka!?..

Macka, did you get the bodies cut out last night, and did you get to paint one?,.. I painted mine last night and it looks awesome!,.. and I'm going to do another one today/this morning..., so drop around if your keen, and bring your body too if you have'nt painted yours as yet!... I've got heeps of PC paint...

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old May 21, 2005, 08:56 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco070
i did better buying overseas , and going buy how long it is taking you to sell the thing , that shows you are asking too much ,. so dont be pissed that i offer my view for others to see . oh and as for the charity crack , i never thought of you as one i only ever thought of you as a fool .
Why don't you help everyone out and post where over seas you can buy the FM-1e cheap, Im sure we would all love to know and for those that are thinking of buying a bike then have a choice.
BTW not the ready to run Ducati model because I ran one for a couple of weeks and found it was no where near as good as the original. Not to mention in the RTR that the electronics and motor are the first things you would want to get rid of anyway so why pay for it.

Cheers

Rolf
Old May 21, 2005, 10:00 AM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassro
Why don't you help everyone out and post where over seas you can buy the FM-1e cheap, Im sure we would all love to know and for those that are thinking of buying a bike then have a choice.
BTW not the ready to run Ducati model because I ran one for a couple of weeks and found it was no where near as good as the original. Not to mention in the RTR that the electronics and motor are the first things you would want to get rid of anyway so why pay for it.

Cheers

Rolf
hey rolf , you are so full of crap it is not funny .

anyone can pm me that want some advice as to buying o/s , but for you i wouldnt give the time of day , all you are trying to do is bump up your auction

mark
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
Old May 21, 2005, 12:04 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Mark and Rolf,

before this degenerates any further, I'd like to ask you both to continue OFF forum, using PMs or e-mail please. So far we've managed to avoid slanging matches, swearing etc that other sections seem to slide into, this forum has an excellent reputation, I for one would like to see it stay that way.
Many thanks

John
nuovaic is online now Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old May 22, 2005, 06:20 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
No probs with me John,

Now Shaun can get back to organising Racing in Aus.
Shaun you should have a chat to QLD club to see if you can enough guys together to put on a Demo at the Qld State 1/5th car Championship which I think is being held in early July.

Cheers

Rolf
Old May 22, 2005, 06:27 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Good call John and thanks for complying guys. I hope you two can kiss and make up, we need all the R/C bikers we can get!
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old May 22, 2005, 06:33 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Yeah,.. I talked to Doug (club Pres) last week at Brendale about us filling in some space on the 1/5th days, they'll have more marshals, and we'll have marshals then too..!

But what you've suggested is a good idea indeed!.. I think it could work, just need to talk to Doug and see what he thinks... Thanks Rolf..

Shaun
Old May 22, 2005, 10:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Hi,

I have a newb question re. the TT Duc. My chain seems to be binding up a bit. If I tighten the chain it does not turn smoothly, but if i back off the tension on the chain to a point where it runs freely, its too loose and whips arround a fare bit. Whats the best way to clean/maintain the chains on these things?

Thanks

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old May 22, 2005, 10:41 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
You'll probably get a bunch of opinions on this. I run my chains -very- loose. They always stretch out so fast anyway, so that seems to be the best way for me. I clean them with wd-40 from time to time, and sometimes that's all I do. Other times I've found that a cable lube that I use on the 1/1 bikes seems to work well, and stays on the little chains. I haven't used the 1/1 chain lube on these. I think it's just too tacky.

BTW, it's ok for the chains to flop around some (IMO) . After a while the chain finds the correct tension (loosness) and just stays like that anyway. So I just leave them loose, instead of tightening them over and over only to have them stretch again. I've only thrown one chain and that was just recently on my nitro bike. I knew the chain had become ridiculously slack, and I later discovered that the rear axle nut had worked loose.

HTH

STeve B in NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old May 23, 2005, 06:53 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Yeah,.. I talked to Doug (club Pres) last week at Brendale about us filling in some space on the 1/5th days, they'll have more marshals, and we'll have marshals then too..!

But what you've suggested is a good idea indeed!.. I think it could work, just need to talk to Doug and see what he thinks... Thanks Rolf..

Shaun
Shaun,

Tell Doug I said he has to include the bikes . I will see if I can make the 1/5th weekend in Qld as well anyway while Doug's in Sydney for the NSW Titles I will have a chat to him.

Cheers

Rolf
Old May 24, 2005, 12:43 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
You'll probably get a bunch of opinions on this. I run my chains -very- loose. They always stretch out so fast anyway, so that seems to be the best way for me. I clean them with wd-40 from time to time, and sometimes that's all I do. Other times I've found that a cable lube that I use on the 1/1 bikes seems to work well, and stays on the little chains. I haven't used the 1/1 chain lube on these. I think it's just too tacky.

BTW, it's ok for the chains to flop around some (IMO) . After a while the chain finds the correct tension (loosness) and just stays like that anyway. So I just leave them loose, instead of tightening them over and over only to have them stretch again. I've only thrown one chain and that was just recently on my nitro bike. I knew the chain had become ridiculously slack, and I later discovered that the rear axle nut had worked loose.

HTH

STeve B in NC
Thanks for the advice, was not sure if it was ok to run them loose. I runs a lot better that way.

Thanks again

Ben
Old Jun 10, 2005, 07:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Any Brissy guys running there bikes today?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 09:22 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Yep!,.. we'll meet at Wynuum then, hey Ben?.. Time to blow the week old dust off the bikes... Also have the exturnal res to try out on the nitro bike... Looking forward to it..!

So, 2pm then..!? See you there......

Shaun