HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:05 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Ben, congradulations, I am sure you will make a great dad My wife and I are heading that way soon and although I am all for it, a baby still scares the out of me

Dont worry about the 4 wheels thing, I have just about one of every type of RC. Last time at the track I had my 1/5th car there and I had to pry the controller from the hands of a certain two wheeled terrorist, so he cant give you any grief JK I plan to bring it to the next race meeting as well so at 30+ minutes a tank everyone can have a go.

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Ben, congradulations, I am sure you will make a great dad My wife and I are heading that way soon and although I am all for it, a baby still scares the out of me

Dont worry about the 4 wheels thing, I have just about one of every type of RC. Last time at the track I had my 1/5th car there and I had to pry the controller from the hands of a certain two wheeled terrorist, so he cant give you any grief JK I plan to bring it to the next race meeting as well so at 30+ minutes a tank everyone can have a go.

Cheers
Simon
Cool, sounds like fun. Is it an XRC 1/5?
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:44 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Cool, sounds like fun. Is it an XRC 1/5?
Yep it's an XRC, and for a cheap knockoff it goes good and is very cool to drive. The little mods the guy I got it off did seem to have made a big difference, that and some setup advice from Shaun Bike testing went good to and I feel I was making some real progress with the bike setup, looking forward to getting a bit closer to Shaun and yourself.....edit - in lap times that is

Simon
Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:00 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Congrats Ben, thats great news.

While we're all coming out of the closet in regds to car ownership.. i've been tinkering a bit with a cheapie tt01 replica too, it's got a mech speed control which has only one speed - full forward. It's crap but also kinda fun. The bikes are heaps more fun though .

That XRC was a blast to drive Simon, I like the look of the XRC buggy too.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:30 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Saturday is out for me, but I will be racing Sunday. I feel like im letting the team down lately, but I have a good excuse. Rachel and I are expecting a baby.
I was a little shocked at first but getting used to the idea.
What, your having a baby too..!?? lol JK'n.. Congradulations Ben, Rachel... I'm sure you'll have this one acustom to holding a controler in it's hands rather than a dummy..

Anyway, it'll be good to see you again on Sunday, it seems like ages since we raced last..

No 4wheel toys for me, but I've almost finished building another chass in the time I've had in the evenings thru the week.., it should be ready for Sat/Sunday... I took the coax heli to work the other day chasing the sparrows around in the shed,.. well, more like they where chasing it around.. Funny to watch though..

Yeah, Simon,.. thanks for the drive of the 1/5 tourer, I'd like to have a go of it now with the tires rotated, it looked like it had way more grip before the rear shock went..

And Troy, Ricky was a blast, but I think a smoother track would be better for him..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
I'm sure you'll have this one acustom to holding a controler in it's hands rather than a dummy..Shaun
Yeah looks like Ben has found us a new racer.....in 10-15 years time
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:09 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Yeah looks like Ben has found us a new racer.....in 10-15 years time
I was thinking earlier than that,.. If I know Ben, maybe in 5-8yrs.. That's what that 1/10 buggy is for...

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:08 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Well, I do have a pocket bike here waiting for conversion to RC, and its gunna need a rider. Also, I won't have to mount a camera to the bike, im sure a 5 - 6 year old kid can hold a camera in one hand, flip the bird with the other while I power wheelie it down the highway
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:17 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
why wait till he/she is 5 or 6 ?. Gaffer tapeand a couple of zip ties can do wonders
You'll probably have to wait at least a year though, for him/her to become more scale-looking
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ducati 999R nitro
Perth
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
lol I read your post`s out loud & my 4yr old looked a bit like this ,then said
I`m glad I don`t live with those guy`s !!!!
Now she's not so keen to go to Dreamworld after telling you guys are from queensland.
PerthNitroBikes is offline Find More Posts by PerthNitroBikes
Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:15 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthNitroBikes
lol I read your post`s out loud & my 4yr old looked a bit like this ,then said
I`m glad I don`t live with those guy`s !!!!
Now she's not so keen to go to Dreamworld after telling you guys are from queensland.
lol. What was that? You have someone I can use a prototype? kidding
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:03 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I got a box in the mail today from Formby

Looks like I might have to burn the midnight oil and see if I cant get it going for this weekend. I take it Saturday for us guys is out, dont think we could get enough for a class. Plus thats good for me cause that bike building time I need

Simon
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
...... No 4wheel toys for me, but I've almost finished building another chass in the time I've had in the evenings thru the week......

Shaun
Im afraid I have to out you here and let everyone know you have a cool little RC12 that I drool over when ever im there....sorry
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
I got a box in the mail today from Formby

Looks like I might have to burn the midnight oil and see if I cant get it going for this weekend. I take it Saturday for us guys is out, dont think we could get enough for a class. Plus thats good for me cause that bike building time I need

Simon
Hmmm, perhaps I should slip YOU the laxative.......
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:44 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, perhaps I should slip YOU the laxative.......
I wouldn't get too excited, even if I get those new bike bugs out I am sure my driving will cancel out any speed the new bike has

But it looks cool and the chick will dig me

Simon