HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2007, 07:50 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
I'm heading out to Wynnum this arvo, to run the nitro bike again.. I figured out why it was starving for fuel at mid range, I did'nt have the exhaust pressure nipple on tight (it was really loose) and was'nt pushing the fuel thru the line.. Anyway, the RDLogics pipe is pretty good, sounds really nice, looks nice too, but I'm going to see how it goes this arvo to see if that's all it was and not a retuning problem cause of the new pipe etc... Will soon see..!

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2007, 04:01 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Shaun - dont forget to let us know how you went??

Saturaday was fun geting the nitro bikes out at the track together, and I was happy to be getting the setup sorted. Pity that the hold up opening the gate cut into my track time, going to have to make time sure it comes out again soon How did the rest of the day go for everyone else after I left??

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Last edited by scoop075; Apr 10, 2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 02:37 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Just noticed that this years points are up on GCMR web site. I have some doubts about the accuracy cause I missed nearly all of the last round yet seem to have points for it.

Troy is doing really well also cause he is in 4th AND 5th place lol

Simon
Old Apr 10, 2007, 05:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
I'll have to have a look at those times,.. sounds fishy..

Well, I did'nt get the bike out like I thought I would, but I had it running under the house to see if it was any better.. It's running fine, just need to give the motor some load to see if it starves at Mid range throttle.. That wont be till next weekend now.. lol

Shaun
Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:11 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
What's everyones plans for this weekend..? Anything...?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 04:55 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
I wont be able to do anything this weekend but I can 100% make it either sat or sun next weekend. I was hoping to finally hit Brendale with both bikes, I can run all day, so let me know if anyone else is interested

Cheers
Simon
Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:13 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
I'm going to be up in Brisbane tomorrow but probably wont have time to make it to a track, I'm going to be in the city with various chores to see to.
I'm going to try and get out to gilston for a bit tomorrow afternoon but I can't be sure what time, it will just be fit in amongst the days other activities.
Let me know if you're keen to come down this way and i'll do my best to get out there when you're around, def' won't be before 1pm though.

I got the Ricky bike going over easter and took it for a bash at the bmx track at Ashmore. I'm very happy with they way it runs, it's pretty much stock apart from the ESC, receiver and servo. A few of the local kids were pretty blown away by it too
I've been looking at a few of the steering mods on here, i'm going to try and make it a little more direct, it's kind of spongy in the steering dept but it's still pretty easy to get around on, just a bit of a change in driving style from the 1/5.
I've got some video of it somewhere, i'll get it uploaded so you guys can check it out (I'm sure you've seen 100 ricky videos before and mines probably no different).

I'll bring it along to the next race meet on the 29th and we can give it a thrashing up on the off-road track.

My 4th and 5th places seem to be because of a naming problem (two have (bike) on the end, one dosent). I'll contact one of the guys and see if I can get the scores put onto one name and use that.
4th and 5th will secure me wooden spoon and runner up wooden spoon, gotta be happy with that .
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:42 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
Simon,.. that's cool,.. I just know I'll get bord tomorrow and will want something to do.. Plus I want to sort out this pipe delema,.. I put the NF pipe back on to see if it's the RDLogics that's not pressurising the tank properly.. I don't like where they've put the pressure nipple on the outlet pipe.. It's in a spot where there is'nt enough back pressure when the revs build up,.. it should be right on the expansion point of the main pipe..

Troy,.. Give me a call when your leaving Brizzy,.. that way I'll know wether or not I can make it down.. I'd love to have a go of Ricky C too..

Shaun
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:49 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
heres the video:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...27#post7266790

Sweet, I'll call you tomorrow Shaun.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:01 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
That looked like fun.. Even the dog likes it.. I think if Antonio pulls his finger out, I'll get that bike.. Probably his elec. one..

Shaun
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:15 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Cool vid Troy, I want one!! Imagine a whole bunch of them running together

Simon
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:01 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Awsome Troy, can't wait for mine to arrive now.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:10 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
Eden,.. how much was the Tornado chass in AUD's, including postage..? And did you get it thru Bruce..??
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
gidday Shaun,
I bought it through Formby at a cost of about 540 AUD. thats an estimate because I bought the Genius RIDE system at the same time and the total cost was about 850 AUD. That was without the black forks though. I bought them separately.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 14, 2007, 05:23 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,680 Posts
Eden,.. Thanks, I forgot how much you told me when we meet last, but I think I'll just make another chass,.. $540 is pretty steap.. lol I'm going to build another one like the one I race and fix a few things on the new one that have been bugging me.. It handles really well otherwise..

I ordered 2x 2mm CF sheet/plate from www.precisionaerobatics.com , I think their in Melbourne, and it could be the only place in Oz that has any at the mo.. I've asked all the LHS around SEQ and they said it's been really hard to come by for a while.. These guys have it pretty cheap, I should have it by Wednesday..

Lenny,.. Thanks for hooking up with me today at Gilly, it was good to get the bikes out.. I can't stand these long gaps between meets..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Apr 14, 2007 at 05:34 AM.