HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I don't mind bringing the dvd player, probably a bit of a cheaper option if anything were to happen to it. The screen would be the same as the laptop but at least small enough to shade with a hand.

I won't be bidding on the NF, i'd love it, but I cant afford to sneeze at the moment

I noted that it had a reserve price on it too, it might not be such a bargain if he has a similar reserve to the buy it now price.
Good luck!.

Shaun, i'm interested in batts if you have some decent ones in the pile 'o stuff for sale. Let me know what you've got and how much.

I've almost got the bike back together, had it torn down for a chassis replacement, I got an exstreme alloy chassis off ebay for a good price and it arrived quicker than expected (Thanks Daniele!).
Cool, can't wait to see the new chassis.

I got half a tank through my elec converted nitro bike this afternoon. I was quite surprised how easily it started and only stopped a couple of times in the begining.

Anyway, im looking forward to the weekend, non stop bike fun!
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:11 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Lenny, unfortunetly, I won't have any of the gear with me, but I got given a list of all the stuff forsale etc last night.. If you want me to send you a copy just let me know.. That way if you want anything I can get it and bring it down with me on Sunday.. There's also an ICE charger, Nomadio radio, Novak speedie, and a Kyosho touring car chass etc etc.. (I doubt you'll want that though )

Ben, it's looking ok for me on Saturday for a run at Brendale, but I'll let you know if anything changes..

Yeah, looking forward to seeing one of Daniel's chassis up close.. I ordered a bunch of stuff from 2wheels but it looks like I wont get it untill Monday next week,.. I got one of those RDLogics crome pipes to try out.. Mmmm, shinny..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:49 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Quote:
I noted that it had a reserve price on it too, it might not be such a bargain if he has a similar reserve to the buy it now price.
Good luck!.
Never even noticed it had it had a reserve price. Oh well, I've found something else now thats got my intrest...Saw this video, Now I want one

(RC Surfing) Radio Waves - radio-controlled micro surfing (1 min 37 sec)
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:30 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
That surfer looks awesome, i've seem people playing with them in burleigh before but they didnt look as cool as that .

Hey, I finally got Ricky in the mail today. This thing is a monster !.
I havent run it yet but i'll be sure to give it a go stock before I start pulling it apart. Its in great condition.

In the pic you can also see how my bike is becoming a bit of a "bitza" but it feels solid and with bodywork on you'd never know how ugly its become
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:30 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I was in hobbyrama today and they had one of those surfer deals on display. Looks like a bit of fun. I think they had $99 on it, but I don't know what that includes (or doesn't)

That Ricky looks like a beast. Are you bringing it along to the race??
Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:44 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Ben, Probably not this time but maybe next time. I'm goign to need a sidecar for the bike before too long. (i've ridden a royal enfield with a sidecar before.. never again..)

You dont happen to have a gearsack or ventura rack kicking around unused anywhere do you ?.
I've been looking for one for a while but they're not as easy to come by as I thought.

I'll bring the dvd player so Simon if you dont need the laptop yourself you can leave it home.
I'll see if I can strap Ricky on somewhere just to display on the table.
I'm not going to get a chance for any practice tomorrow, we've got a pretty busy day planned.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:

You dont happen to have a gearsack or ventura rack kicking around unused anywhere do you ?.
I've been looking for one for a while but they're not as easy to come by as I thought.
I do have a ventura sack and rack but im in the process of refitting it to my bike. (I lost a couple of bolts) Its the only one I have unfortunately.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 06:50 AM
Joined Mar 2007
36 Posts
Gday guys, hope to see some of the brisbane boys down at brendale at lunch tomorrow. Could someone just let me know the address? I was going to come down and watch everyone with there bikes!! Hope to meet a few guys..
crx51 is offline Find More Posts by crx51
Old Mar 30, 2007, 06:57 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crx51
Gday guys, hope to see some of the brisbane boys down at brendale at lunch tomorrow. Could someone just let me know the address? I was going to come down and watch everyone with there bikes!! Hope to meet a few guys..
Click here for the website. Its the Trackside hobby shop site, the track is right next door.

Ben
PS: I sent you an SMS
Old Mar 31, 2007, 05:51 PM
Joined Mar 2006
41 Posts
Hi Guy's,

Looks like I will be starting to unload my stock at cost prices.

PM me for the best prices world wide on SF501, SF501 RACE and SF506 RACE.

Cheers J
Rxion Hobbies Australia
Rxion Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by Rxion Hobbies
Old Apr 03, 2007, 02:45 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Well for all of you playing at home the Gold Coast Challenge was run last weekend and was the first big official meet for the aussie 1/5th bike scene. We managed to get 6 bikes running - Shaun,Ben,Troy,Lenny,Eden and me which although not a huge field was our biggest to date.

Shaun dominated the heats with Ben close behind and everyone else having some of their best performances to date. A shower just before our final made for a wet race with some make shift water proofing, crash bar mods and tyre changes going on. We only got a few laps into the final before the race was stopped and a transponder issue was sorted and then it was take two. This was a blessing for me as I had time to patch up some steering damage in my bike. Our final started again and Shaun was the class of the field in the wet with excellent speed. My bike had some steering issues from my makeshift repair so it was just a matter of keeping it clean and off the walls cause it was never going to lap very fast. Bens change of rear tyre had caused some inconsistant grip issues in the wet leaving him to push on best as possible. I didn't get a chance to see how Troys race went?? I belive that both Lenny and Eden DNFed with some suspected water related electrical problems.

So Shaun took first, with me second and Ben close behind in third. We all got a trophy and our picture taken for an Australian RC magazine so hopefully it will give the bikes some good exposure and find us some more racers.

Thanks guys for a great day of racing and especially to Eden for travelling so far to race, hope to see you again soon. Guys dont forget to post up your thoughts of the day....

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Apr 03, 2007, 04:29 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
What he ^ said.

I had a great time and really enjoyed the racing. I think Simon is a real force to be reckoned with when he has some consistant hardware to run with. I also noticed Troy is improving each race meet. Good to see Lenny back on the track and certainly hope Eden will come back for some more racing.

I will be pming everyone re. what we are going to do about Shaun. Im thinking about sneaking a laxative into his coffee that we pickup on the way to the track. Could get a little messy on the drivers stand though and the race controller may need an umbrella.

It was a bit of a shame to see some of the moaning from a couple of the TC guys on the RC Tech forum, but I guess ppl have a right to question decisions.

Anyway, I hope there is more good racing to come.

Ben
Old Apr 03, 2007, 04:41 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Must say, even though the results showed me having a S@#t race meeting, I had a blast and learn't a heap. Hopefully next time I will have things sorted and my driving skills around a track improved.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 03, 2007, 06:14 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I had a great time Sunday too. Cant wait until the next race meet now. I'm happy I actually finished three races for a change, Even if I wasn't running with a transponder in each race...

I would like to thank anyone who attended and made the whole day possible.

Managed to snap a few pics through out the day too. Hope you enjoy...
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Apr 03, 2007, 06:32 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
I will be pming everyone re. what we are going to do about Shaun. Im thinking about sneaking a laxative into his coffee that we pickup on the way to the track. Could get a little messy on the drivers stand though and the race controller may need an umbrella. Ben
LOL

Cool pics to Lenny thanks.
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075