HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 05:16 AM
Joined Mar 2007
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Hey Scott,

Im at Boondall, your welcome to come along in my car, or meet at my place and follow, either way is good.

Next Sat I was thinking about going to Brendale for a few laps in prep for racing at Gilston on Sunday. Your welcome to come along to that also and check out the bikes. We will have more time to chat and give some direction on purchase/upgrade path compared to race day.

Personally, my first bike was a TTE duc RTR and found that was a good place to start. As Shaun said, it comes with a cast swing arm and steering steam which are very weak, but to purchase the milled replacements (which are much stronger) was very cheap to do. I think it was $29ish for the milled swinger and $20ish for the milled steering steam from Kelletts in Sydney. The NF elec race is a better bike, but Im not sure its worth the extra money on top of what a TT will cost (unless you get a really good deal from the internet). Also, replacement parts for NF are a little hard to come by.

There is also the option of building up a bike from upgrade parts, starting with a chassis like the Tornado offering (see www.2wheelhobbies.com, i would give you a direct link but the site is down atm) and adding parts from there. It will be expensive to start with, but you will only be buying the parts once, instead of buying stock then upgrading.

Anyway, let me know if you want hook up on Sat at Brendale, and/or come for a ride in the mighty Pulsar on Sun to Gilston.

Ben
Definitely keen mate. Send me a pm if you can do that on this forum (i havent tried) and ill shoot you one back. Would love to come watch the races mate!
crx51 is offline Find More Posts by crx51
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2007, 06:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
PM send
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:52 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
this maybe of some interest for seq members but I was at southbank today and noticed there was a stall there that printed decals etc of all different sizes, colours,designs etc. He had whatever special machine is used to make these decals and they looked great. I am pretty sure he can do custom decals as well.
He had 2 folders of examples and the quick flick through the folders saw stuff that would look great.
That sounds great Steven, did you happen to get any other details from him, ph No/ website or anything ?. I'm keen to chase him up but dont get up that way too much.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:59 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
welcome crx51, good to see we have another potential racer for the grid.
Did you have any luck finding a FM1e ? I got mine for a steal off e-bay but since then I havent seen any (close to a year ago).
It was like new, yamaha roller, missing a few small bits but nothing serious. You could probably find one in some random LHS somewhere in Oz but you'd probably have as much luck finding a contact lens in a swimming pool.

Sad to hear Rxion is closing doors, If only I had the cash i'd love to get into that. Good to see that he is still following up on your requests though, an NF would be great.

Ben, the "Mighty Pulsar" sounds like a cartoon charachter.. I want a ride too now !
A friend of mine used to have a Pulsar hatch back in Melb and it was like a rally car, great fun and had a fair bit of kick behind it too.

Looking forward to Sunday, see you all then.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 04:04 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
this maybe of some interest for seq members but I was at southbank today and noticed there was a stall there that printed decals etc of all different sizes, colours,designs etc. He had whatever special machine is used to make these decals and they looked great. I am pretty sure he can do custom decals as well.
He had 2 folders of examples and the quick flick through the folders saw stuff that would look great.
Yeah, I've been wanting a small vinal cutter for making decal masks for the bodies I paint, it would make painting them alot easier and quicker to churn out..! I was sent a link to a nice A4 size cutter but I could'nt afford it then,.. but maybe soon if that same one is still around..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 26, 2007, 04:43 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
A friend of mine used to have a Pulsar hatch back in Melb and it was like a rally car, great fun and had a fair bit of kick behind it too.
A pulsar with kick?? What were you smokin back then?
The only kick my car has is the one I give it to get it going in the morning.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
A pulsar with kick?? What were you smokin back then?
The only kick my car has is the one I give it to get it going in the morning.
It even had a turbo, it was fully sick!

That car ended up eating its own pistons in the middle of nowhere and I had to go out and pick the occupants up and drive them home. When we went back out to pick it up someone had stolen two of the wheels.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Scott,

Chris on this thread is wanting to trade his bike. Maybe you could make him an offer?

Ben
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:52 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Nuova SF501 1/5 RC gas bike

Found this also, Dont know if anybodys interested or not !
But at a starting price of $177.3218AUS without any bids, It might work out cheap.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Radio-control/Other/auction-93354257.htm
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 27, 2007, 05:34 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Found this also, Dont know if anybodys interested or not !
But at a starting price of $177.3218AUS without any bids, It might work out cheap.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Radio-control/Other/auction-93354257.htm
Lenny,.. I clicked on the link and nothing happened..!?

Are you coming on Sunday too..?? Bring that DVD with you too..

Shaun

Btw,.. I have a bunch of RC stuff to get rid of, if you want to know more give me a call... 0409615809 There's Futaba MG servos, a GTB 13.5 and other stuff etc..
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 27, 2007, 06:23 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Shaun, copy the link into your web browser addess bar, works that way
Old Mar 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi

Are you coming on Sunday too..?? Bring that DVD with you too..

Shaun

Btw,.. I have a bunch of RC stuff to get rid of, if you want to know more give me a call... 0409615809 There's Futaba MG servos, a GTB 13.5 and other stuff etc..
Yeah, I noticed that it didn't work, But as Ben said copy & paste that'll work.
Anyone interested in this auction? I dont wanna bid and drive the final price up if anyone on here is going to throw on a bid too.

I'll be there on Sunday, I'll be there with Bikes, Cameras, DVD & the shade tents too.

Simon, Will you have you laptop with you again this Sunday?
If not...Troy could you bring your portable DVD player please?

Shaun, Any chance that you'll be able to bring that gear down on Sunday? I also want to fix you up those $$$$'s I owe you and grab that rider too.

Anyway looking forward to Sunday, See you all there...
Lenny.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:07 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Lenny, I can bring the laptop if you need it though the screen is a bit crappy in bright light, I dont know if troys DVD player is better, either way let me know

I wont be bidding on the bike......gotta curb the spending

As far as a run on Sat, I have got to pick something up from Gilston on sat so I figure I might run the bike there after racing, it's still in pieces so will be finishing it off sat morning

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I wont be bidding for it either, don't want to be too greedy.

Im heading out to Brendale on Sat. Im getting there about 11am if anyone is interested
Last edited by Nexzzt; Mar 28, 2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 04:59 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I don't mind bringing the dvd player, probably a bit of a cheaper option if anything were to happen to it. The screen would be the same as the laptop but at least small enough to shade with a hand.

I won't be bidding on the NF, i'd love it, but I cant afford to sneeze at the moment

I noted that it had a reserve price on it too, it might not be such a bargain if he has a similar reserve to the buy it now price.
Good luck!.

Shaun, i'm interested in batts if you have some decent ones in the pile 'o stuff for sale. Let me know what you've got and how much.

I've almost got the bike back together, had it torn down for a chassis replacement, I got an exstreme alloy chassis off ebay for a good price and it arrived quicker than expected (Thanks Daniele!).