SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:06 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,721 Posts
Cool,.. no more looping your bike at the starts..

Oh well, at least you'll be at the GP with us though,.. you'll be missed this weekend though Simon.. Thanks for the tents too, we'll look after them for you..
(Ben, how much did cash converters offer you for them?.. ) lol

JK'n,.. have a good weekend..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:58 PM
Registered User
scoop075's Avatar
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I would have been happy with looping the bike, normally the back wheel would just stutter enough for it to fall over before it got going I have also reverted back to a more traditional battery setup in the hope of fixing the other chassis balance thing that was causing problems.

Am I missing out on something this weekend

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Nexzzt's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Am I missing out on something this weekend

Simon
Yer, I was wondering the same thing
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 03:14 AM
Registered User
Carisma's Avatar
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
What is happening this weekend guys,
It's offroad this Sunday at Gilston.
Anyone got any plans this weekend yet?
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:10 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2006
41 Posts
Rxion Hobbies For Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guy,s,

Sorry I have been missing in action for quite some time, busy with studies, work and other commitments.

Well I won't get into the details for the reason behind selling my business but in short it's sitting still not doing anything due to my other commitments.

I have had so many e/mails and enquiries but I don't have time to deal with them.

So I am selling all my stock, business name, web site etc.

This is a great opportunity for someone with the interest and drive to make it work.

There is lots of potential for the right person to make something of this so it doesn't deserve me not giving it the chance.

I have full stock listings and details for anyone interested so please PM me.

PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS PERSONS INTERESTED

Cheers Jade Merrett
RXION HOBBIES AUSTRALIA
Rxion Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by Rxion Hobbies
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:35 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
What is happening this weekend guys,
It's offroad this Sunday at Gilston.
Anyone got any plans this weekend yet?
Well,.. I've got Sunday off.. Not sure what to do with it yet though..!?

Anyone else have any plans..???


Ben, I ordered that stuff from Bruce, hopefully it gets here before next weekend..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
Registered User
Nexzzt's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Well,.. I've got Sunday off.. Not sure what to do with it yet though..!?

Anyone else have any plans..???


Ben, I ordered that stuff from Bruce, hopefully it gets here before next weekend..

Shaun
Thanks Shaun, let me know what I owe you.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,721 Posts
Jade,.. if I was all cashed up I would seriously think about it, but with the work I do it's hard to do anything at all thru the week.. It would be cool if the site was to stay alive here in Oz for us locals and for the scene to grow... Did Steve from HobbyHaven ever get on to you about it..?? It would be awesome if a local SEQ hobby shop would take it over from you for the scene up here... Hint Hint..!!!

Your not giving up on the bikes totally are you..?

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 02:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2007
36 Posts
Gday Guys and Girls,
This is my first post to this forum. I have firmly decided that i want an rc bike. I want an electric one and i want it yesterday. They look like so much fun, i wish i had known they existed ages ago. Im after either the thunder tiger of nuova faor. I cannot find them anywhere. I live in brissie, qld. I can find the TT ducati rtr bike but i heard that they arent the same as the r1 kit that you can get? Use plastic parts in chassis instead of metal etc and the radio gear and esc and things couldnt be that great when they barely add to price of the kit model. I want to know whether anyone can help me out with getting the r1 kit or the nuova faor kit and what the difference is between the two electric tt models. Everyones help would be much appreciated, i want to come racing with you all!!
crx51 is offline Find More Posts by crx51
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:29 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Mar 2007
11 Posts
decals

this maybe of some interest for seq members but I was at southbank today and noticed there was a stall there that printed decals etc of all different sizes, colours,designs etc. He had whatever special machine is used to make these decals and they looked great. I am pretty sure he can do custom decals as well.
He had 2 folders of examples and the quick flick through the folders saw stuff that would look great.
stevenc is offline Find More Posts by stevenc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crx51
Gday Guys and Girls,
This is my first post to this forum. I have firmly decided that i want an rc bike. I want an electric one and i want it yesterday. They look like so much fun, i wish i had known they existed ages ago. Im after either the thunder tiger of nuova faor. I cannot find them anywhere. I live in brissie, qld. I can find the TT ducati rtr bike but i heard that they arent the same as the r1 kit that you can get? Use plastic parts in chassis instead of metal etc and the radio gear and esc and things couldnt be that great when they barely add to price of the kit model. I want to know whether anyone can help me out with getting the r1 kit or the nuova faor kit and what the difference is between the two electric tt models. Everyones help would be much appreciated, i want to come racing with you all!!
crx51,.. Welcome..!

Nice to see another local.. Where abouts in Brizzy are you..?

Yeah, if you can find the TT fm1e R1 it's got all the milled Ali parts.. Other than that you can get the TT 999Duc and get the fm1e milled swingarn and fork stem and that'll fix those weak area's,.. you'll also need some stickier tyres too, GRP or PMT,.. but you should run the bike stock first so you notice the changes you make to it from stock etc...

We'd love to have someone else to race with, the bike racing scene here is all still only early days in Oz, and with time I'm sure it'll grow.. There's 5 of us sofar racing them, we know of more guys keen to race too but they're still getting setup and putting some hours under their belts before they join us etc.. It would be nice to have a full grid of bikes out there..

The difference between the elec NF-sf501 and the TT-fm1e R1 is'nt much, both are the older style chassis and both have strong milled parts... As with the elec NF-sf506 and the TT-Desmo 999, the NF chassis has'nt changed all that much (but now has some plastic parts), and the TT-Desmo has a diecast swingarm and fork stem.. Both bikes need better/stickier tyres as you get better at driving them.. The NF-sf506 and the TT-Desmo999 RTR chassis are totally different though, the NF comes with some plastic parts still, and the TT Desmo's chass is different and has a diecast swingarm and fork stem etc,.. the radio gear is'nt that bad but the servos could be changed with something better at some point.. HTH's

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,721 Posts
Ben, what are you upto today then, want to get your nitro out for a run again..?? I've got some things I want to get sorted out for next weekend's GP race....

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Nexzzt's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben, what are you upto today then, want to get your nitro out for a run again..?? I've got some things I want to get sorted out for next weekend's GP race....

Shaun
Sorry Shaun. I would really like to get the nitro out today, but I worked all day yesterday (helping our Toowoomba office move) and I promised to do some computer stuff this weekend for the family. I will be free Sat/Sun next weekend (G/F is going away for the weekend) so that is going to be a BIG bike weekend for me. Anyone keen to meet up on Sat to get some practise in for Sun?

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 07:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2007
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
crx51,.. Welcome..!

Nice to see another local.. Where abouts in Brizzy are you..?

Yeah, if you can find the TT fm1e R1 it's got all the milled Ali parts.. Other than that you can get the TT 999Duc and get the fm1e milled swingarn and fork stem and that'll fix those weak area's,.. you'll also need some stickier tyres too, GRP or PMT,.. but you should run the bike stock first so you notice the changes you make to it from stock etc...

We'd love to have someone else to race with, the bike racing scene here is all still only early days in Oz, and with time I'm sure it'll grow.. There's 5 of us sofar racing them, we know of more guys keen to race too but they're still getting setup and putting some hours under their belts before they join us etc.. It would be nice to have a full grid of bikes out there..

The difference between the elec NF-sf501 and the TT-fm1e R1 is'nt much, both are the older style chassis and both have strong milled parts... As with the elec NF-sf506 and the TT-Desmo 999, the NF chassis has'nt changed all that much (but now has some plastic parts), and the TT-Desmo has a diecast swingarm and fork stem.. Both bikes need better/stickier tyres as you get better at driving them.. The NF-sf506 and the TT-Desmo999 RTR chassis are totally different though, the NF comes with some plastic parts still, and the TT Desmo's chass is different and has a diecast swingarm and fork stem etc,.. the radio gear is'nt that bad but the servos could be changed with something better at some point.. HTH's

Shaun
Thanks heaps for the reply mate, its good to get such an informative reply. I am in Albany Creek, 20mins north of brisbane. Where bouts are you? If anyone is going to be racing at brendale could they post it here because i'd love to come and watch!!!
As for the bike, thats what i feared. Noone has the r1 all just have the duc 999r. I really want it to have all the metal parts so im not upgrading EVERYTHING.. I just found the distributor for nuova faor in aus and have sent them an email regarding the nuova faor race electric as that comes with a few up grades over standard nf incl metal brake disk and some metal steering components etc. They dont have it listed on their site though. They only have the nitro and nitro race listed. I really want electric i think for all that instant torque and ease of upgrading and ability to wheelstand!! But nitro does sound damn cool... Any ideas? Would anyone go the gasser over the electric running lipo and brushless? Could i get the nitro doing wheelstands?
So would you recommend the NF electric race? Would this be a good base to start from or am i better off with TT rtr duc???
Your help is really appreciated!
Regards
Scott
crx51 is offline Find More Posts by crx51
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:21 PM
Registered User
Nexzzt's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crx51
Thanks heaps for the reply mate, its good to get such an informative reply. I am in Albany Creek, 20mins north of brisbane. Where bouts are you? If anyone is going to be racing at brendale could they post it here because i'd love to come and watch!!!
As for the bike, thats what i feared. Noone has the r1 all just have the duc 999r. I really want it to have all the metal parts so im not upgrading EVERYTHING.. I just found the distributor for nuova faor in aus and have sent them an email regarding the nuova faor race electric as that comes with a few up grades over standard nf incl metal brake disk and some metal steering components etc. They dont have it listed on their site though. They only have the nitro and nitro race listed. I really want electric i think for all that instant torque and ease of upgrading and ability to wheelstand!! But nitro does sound damn cool... Any ideas? Would anyone go the gasser over the electric running lipo and brushless? Could i get the nitro doing wheelstands?
So would you recommend the NF electric race? Would this be a good base to start from or am i better off with TT rtr duc???
Your help is really appreciated!
Regards
Scott
Hey Scott,

Im at Boondall, your welcome to come along in my car, or meet at my place and follow, either way is good.

Next Sat I was thinking about going to Brendale for a few laps in prep for racing at Gilston on Sunday. Your welcome to come along to that also and check out the bikes. We will have more time to chat and give some direction on purchase/upgrade path compared to race day.

Personally, my first bike was a TTE duc RTR and found that was a good place to start. As Shaun said, it comes with a cast swing arm and steering steam which are very weak, but to purchase the milled replacements (which are much stronger) was very cheap to do. I think it was $29ish for the milled swinger and $20ish for the milled steering steam from Kelletts in Sydney. The NF elec race is a better bike, but Im not sure its worth the extra money on top of what a TT will cost (unless you get a really good deal from the internet). Also, replacement parts for NF are a little hard to come by.

There is also the option of building up a bike from upgrade parts, starting with a chassis like the Tornado offering (see www.2wheelhobbies.com, i would give you a direct link but the site is down atm) and adding parts from there. It will be expensive to start with, but you will only be buying the parts once, instead of buying stock then upgrading.

Anyway, let me know if you want hook up on Sat at Brendale, and/or come for a ride in the mighty Pulsar on Sun to Gilston.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 1/5th Bikers in New Zealand Sean S Motorcycles 30 Jun 05, 2012 12:32 AM
Discussion 1/5th Worlds in Italy notsoquick Motorcycles 24 Jul 12, 2007 05:33 PM
1/5th racing vids? savage Large Scale Cars 20 May 02, 2005 05:14 PM
Question Is Pica still in business and is their 1/5th scale P-40 still available? The Blue Max Fuel Warbirds 4 Dec 09, 2004 01:11 AM
Any 1/5 racing in L.A. new2heli Motorcycles 2 Sep 21, 2004 11:49 AM