HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:58 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Troy,

What I did before the first race we went to at Gilly was grab a couple of cones (and not the type that you smoke, but it could help) and laid them out in a basic track configuration. I tried to have a few different radii (is that the plural of radius?) turns and approached them at different speeds/angles. I found it helped a lot with figuring out braking points, turn in points and how fast you can push the bike through the turn. Also, repeating the process over and over again helped a LOT with consistency.

I think you’re probably still looking for the setup that suits you best too, I guess that will only take time and tinkering. I guess with a wedding coming up its gotta be hard find that time

BTW, I got my NF to fire up today, the only thing I needed to do was replace the glow plug. It fires up pretty easy but really needs an expert eye over it as its idling too high and I can't find the low speed needle . Plenty for me to learn I can see.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:56 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I'll be at Brendale at about 10:30. I can bring a laptop or a portable dvd player, which would you prefer ?

I'll only be able to stay for a few hrs tomorrow. What time are you going to be there Lenny ?.
Troy,
Could you bring the portable DVD player please, I'm thinking just in case anything was to happen to it, It will be easier and cheaper to replace it.

As for what time I'll be getting there I cant really say...I'll leave my place around 9:30'ish, Hopefully I'll have better luck finding the track this time.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:48 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I'll be at Brendale at about 10:30. I can bring a laptop or a portable dvd player, which would you prefer ?

Think i'm going to have to go back to the yamaha bodywork, the desmo is too worn to even stay on the posts anymore.
havent gotten much done on the new body for a few days, looking forward to getting it done though.

Shaun, those timesheets are embarrasing ! . I need to get back to finishing races. I've kind of been keeping track of laptimes (for myself) and I'm happy to see I am getting faster, just the consistency is down.

I'll only be able to stay for a few hrs tomorrow. What time are you going to be there Lenny ?.
Troy, sorry for posting that, but it was'nt all your fault you only got 3 laps in,.. that kid took forever to find the on/off switch before you were off again, by then the race was almost over.. I've seen your times before, and I've seen you do a 7lapper before,... just like Ben said, it's just consistantcy.. Just race yourself, and take it easy, and before you know it you'll be right there with us..

Ben,.. I'll help you get the idle sorted, it's probably a 2in1 neddle setup on that engine.. You can get a OS#3 plug at TrackSideRC while we're there..

lol,.. I could be a little later tomorrow, maybe 10.30-11am,.. I have to pick up a new airbrush and compressor from HobbyOne,.. my old airbrush is old, need a nice new one for work on Monday..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Hey Shaun,
Any chance that you'll be going to the track after HobbyOne?
If so I could meet you there and then follow you to Brendale...It will save me from driving all around Brisbane again...
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi

lol,.. I could be a little later tomorrow, maybe 10.30-11am,.. I have to pick up a new airbrush and compressor from HobbyOne,.. my old airbrush is old, need a nice new one for work on Monday..

Shaun
For work? Yer right.....
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:18 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Troy, sorry for posting that, but it was'nt all your fault you only got 3 laps in,.. that kid took forever to find the on/off switch before you were off again, by then the race was almost over.. I've seen your times before, and I've seen you do a 7lapper before,... just like Ben said, it's just consistantcy.. Just race yourself, and take it easy, and before you know it you'll be right there with us..
Hey, no need to be sorry, I'm pretty happy with how i'm going, just need to get more laps in, like Ben said, its just practice, I havent been getting a lot of it lately.
Also, If I could stop tinkering with the bike for a couple of weeks I might be able to come to a nicer setup quicker, but it's all fun either way

I couldnt believe how much of a change it was running the dual servo top plates, It really changed the feel of the steering quite a bit.
All for the better though I think.

Anyway, I'll see you all later this morning.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Hey Shaun,
Any chance that you'll be going to the track after HobbyOne?
If so I could meet you there and then follow you to Brendale...It will save me from driving all around Brisbane again...
Lenny,.. yeah sure,.. I sent you a TEXT last night, hope you got it..?! Meet me there at 8.30am as the doors open,.. I don't want to be there too long.. Just call me if your going to be late, and so I know your coming..
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:50 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
For work? Yer right.....
lol,.. it is..!!!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 06:30 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,701 Posts
Ben,.. what time do you want to meet at the little carpark tomorrow..? 12-1pm..??? I'm free anyway tomorrow, after the house works done that is..! lol Give me a call before your on your way over,.. we'll get that nitro bike of your running...

Shaun
Old Mar 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Ben,.. what time do you want to meet at the little carpark tomorrow..? 12-1pm..??? I'm free anyway tomorrow, after the house works done that is..! lol Give me a call before your on your way over,.. we'll get that nitro bike of your running...

Shaun
Yer, I was thinking 12:30ish. Thanks for you help
Old Mar 18, 2007, 05:40 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Hi there guys,
I just submitted my entry for the 1/04/07 race meeting. Should be fun having a go at trying to get around the track.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Mar 19, 2007, 05:19 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver
Hi there guys,
I just submitted my entry for the 1/04/07 race meeting. Should be fun having a go at trying to get around the track.
Eden
Cool, I just signed up too
Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:04 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I received my MIP stinger pipe today. Not mods/cutting needed on the pipe, it fits right on. The only thing I did do was cut the header pipe at about halfway through the last bend (Im using a TTN head pipe, thanks again Simon). Just though I would post due to bordom and in case anyone was thinking about getting a tuned pipe.

Ben
Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:17 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,701 Posts
Looks good Ben,.. that stinger pipe looks way better than that other guys one did at the track that day.. (Just a bit toooo long)..

Shaun
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Hey, good news : got my ss5800 and speedy so should have it in and the bike back together by the weekend.....it will be good not to start a race half a lap down

Bad news : have a wedding and something for my wifes work up noosa way so my whole weekend is gone . Also on the Sunday of the gold coast challenge I have to pick my wife up from the airport. But it's goldie airport at about 8.00am so I figure I will still make racing but might get there a bit later than I like. Luckly you guys have the shade tents so you can still set up....that worked out well.

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075