HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 04, 2005, 10:33 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
very cool shaun. i like the brendale track real good for the hacker....

carl..
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2005, 11:04 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco070
working saturday and sunday , im going to go out eithier thrusday or friday

ill grab the engine off you soon shaun , im hanging to try it

i like the new vids , cool intro's

you really smoothed out using the hacker , well done

now give it back your enjoying it to much lol

mark
Mark,.. see how the weather goes tomorrow,.. if not, Friday..
Are you just thinking local or B'dale..?

Give the Hacker back, I'll be like a junky afterwards not having it.., I'll get withdrawl's..! Tell you what though,.. after running the Hacker alot, you really notice how slow the Novak is!..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old May 04, 2005, 11:14 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
Shaun, I bet you are getting to like that Hacker! It's definitely my favorite motor. You can really tell how quick the bike is from those new videos, with the acceleration wheelies out on both tracks. Nice driving BTW!

STeve B in NC
Thanks Steve,.. but Mark's going to take the fun away from me soon! ,.. the Novaks are no way near as fast as the Hacker!..

I'm quick enough, I might just try to get one more run at another track near here, and get some video of it before Mark gets it back..!

Shaun
Old May 04, 2005, 11:37 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillah
Hey Shaun,
That brendale vid was great. You were flyin'
Have the car guys at that track seen you going that fast?

lol, i'm only 11,000 miles away. I'll be right down with the 4 banger.
Thanks,

lol,.. that's ok, I guess we'll see you when you get here then..!?

Yeah, they've all seen it/my bikes before, I used to race there and all of the other tracks around Brisbane years ago, before I got addicted to these bikes, then the gradual wind down from cars to bikes started,.. and now I'm pretty much just all bikes..! They all know me as the 'motor bike dude'.. lol I reckon they should all get bikes!.. The Hacker pulls away from the stock RTR pull start 2speed touring cars down the straight, no problem,.. not through the corners though.. I just stay off the track when the 1/8 and 1/5 cars come out and wait for them to run out of gas...

Shaun
Old May 11, 2005, 03:58 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Damn straight, will have to squeeze in some practice before hand to reduce the embarrassment factor though. Also I only have two sets of crystals atm.

Anyway, im trying to sus out a way tweak the front suspension. The stock items are pretty crap. Also the front tire has a weird V shape to it, will have to fix that soon 2.

Do you know what day/time your heading to B'dale yet?

Cheers

Ben
Ben, I brought the conversation over here.. But if you want, Macka has a lathed down TT tire of mine that you could use next time I/we see you to get you going for now, till you get some GRP's or PMT's anyway.. You can get parts for the fm1e off EHobbies here or from CNR to replace the cast swingarm and fork stem now or later on down the track..

Speaking of tracks,.. have you got time off this week or just the weekend?,.. cause macka and I hav'nt got any real work on at the mo, but if not, say Saturday lunch time-ish..!?

BTW,.. I sent Scott a PM about the batt's too..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; May 11, 2005 at 04:03 AM.
Old May 11, 2005, 05:58 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben, I brought the conversation over here.. But if you want, Macka has a lathed down TT tire of mine that you could use next time I/we see you to get you going for now, till you get some GRP's or PMT's anyway.. You can get parts for the fm1e off EHobbies here or from CNR to replace the cast swingarm and fork stem now or later on down the track..

Speaking of tracks,.. have you got time off this week or just the weekend?,.. cause macka and I hav'nt got any real work on at the mo, but if not, say Saturday lunch time-ish..!?

BTW,.. I sent Scott a PM about the batt's too..

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

Track: I would normally grab a couple of days off but there's a bit on at work this week, so Sat noonish would work out best for me.

Tire: If I could borrow the lathed down front tire for Saturday, that would be great. I will be ordering some new tires asap.

Battery: Thanks for that, let me know what i need to do to order/pay for them.

Have not had any time to use the bike yet , and its driving me crazy. I think its maiden voyage will be on the track on Sat.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old May 13, 2005, 02:12 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Ben,.. keen on B'dale tomorrow then?,.. we're (Macka & I) going to be there about 12 midday,.. I'll bring that tire with me too..

Hav'nt got a reply back from Scott yet but I should find out by tonight sometime..

Looking forward to tomorrow, should be fun, it'll be the first time the track has had more than 2 bikes on it at any one time..!

Shaun
Old May 13, 2005, 02:22 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
By the off chance there are any on lookers from Brizzy watching this forum too, come to Brendale!.. More bikes we get out there, the faster we can start a class for 1/5th bikes happening..!

Shaun
Old May 13, 2005, 10:02 AM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
By the off chance there are any on lookers from Brizzy watching this forum too, come to Brendale!.. More bikes we get out there, the faster we can start a class for 1/5th bikes happening..!

Shaun

would that mean me working night shift again

sorry

i want to catch up monday or tuesday if your free , im ready to tune the nitro in

cheers
mark
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
Old May 18, 2005, 01:10 PM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
any weekend action from down under ?

carl...
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
Old May 18, 2005, 06:24 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern monkey
any weekend action from down under ?

carl...
Hi Carl,.. well last weekend did'nt turn out as we thought it would at Brendale, as soon as we go there, there was a 'worker Bee' going on around the place (painting, mowing, watering, etc etc),.. so we just sat there for a while till they all left before we could run the bikes,.. after the clubies left we still were'nt alone, we had some other cars to avoid etc, (1/5's, 1/8's), so we never got the VC out to get any footage..! Just having to much fun to think about filming anything, and there was'nt much time left in the day either!.. But next time we go out I'll have to get footage of us all running the track...

Shaun
Old May 18, 2005, 06:24 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
So what are all you Brizzy guys doing this weekend..??? Keen to go somewhere different this time, like the Logan track maybe (Meakin Park), or Wynuum on Sunday after racing there finishes at 3pm..? I think Brendale is full of racing this weekend?!..

((Ben, Scott is meeting me at Wynm on Sun to give me those 3300 packs we ordered, so I'll be there for sure before 3pm to catch him! ))...

Shaun
Old May 18, 2005, 10:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
So what are all you Brizzy guys doing this weekend..??? Keen to go somewhere different this time, like the Logan track maybe (Meakin Park), or Wynuum on Sunday after racing there finishes at 3pm..? I think Brendale is full of racing this weekend?!..

((Ben, Scott is meeting me at Wynm on Sun to give me those 3300 packs we ordered, so I'll be there for sure before 3pm to catch him! ))...

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

I can't make it this weekend , but I will def take a few days off next week, so hopefully I can grap those batts and spin a few laps then. Do you have any days free next week?

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old May 18, 2005, 11:49 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
Hey guys I have my bike up for sale on ebay if anyone in the Brissy area are interested.

My ebay login is hassro just do a search for thunder tiger FM-1e if you are interested.

Cheers

Rolf
hassro is offline Find More Posts by hassro
Old May 19, 2005, 01:26 AM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassro
Hey guys I have my bike up for sale on ebay if anyone in the Brissy area are interested.

My ebay login is hassro just do a search for thunder tiger FM-1e if you are interested.

Cheers

Rolf
too dear still , you have 1 bid at 290 , i think your lucky to get that
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070