HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Hi Simon,
at the moment I have a novak 4.5 in one bike and an Mtroniks BIKE setup in the other. I might chase down a 10-11 turn motor for that weekend
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Either of those brushless setups will keep you busy anyway We have mainly gone for the slower brushless so as anyone new that wants to race can still have similar speed with a brushed motor. Whatever you have as long as you are racing it's all good.

Shaun - Check out the Gilston onroad thread at RCtech, good pic of your bike has been posted.

Did I miss out on anything exciting after I left racing on Sunday?? I have a ss5800 on the way and moving some bits around on the bike so hoping to get on top of it.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:29 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Either of those brushless setups will keep you busy anyway We have mainly gone for the slower brushless so as anyone new that wants to race can still have similar speed with a brushed motor. Whatever you have as long as you are racing it's all good.

Shaun - Check out the Gilston onroad thread at RCtech, good pic of your bike has been posted.

Did I miss out on anything exciting after I left racing on Sunday?? I have a ss5800 on the way and moving some bits around on the bike so hoping to get on top of it.

Simon
Yeah, I saw it,.. pretty cool..

No, nothing really,.. but Troy had a shocker in the final, his bike turned itself off after a big stack.., and at one point his rider left parts of himself all over the track.. (Troy, you need to let go of TT Duc boy, use that lexan one I gave you ages ago!.. )

Here's the time sheet from the finals,.. not much cause it was only really between Ben and I..

Ben, you did a 38sec lapper.. Your cons were good too..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:43 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
hey Shaun,
do you guys run personal transponders at Gilston?
If so I might pinch mine out of my touring car.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver
hey Shaun,
do you guys run personal transponders at Gilston?
If so I might pinch mine out of my touring car.

Eden
We dont but you can if you want, the TC guys do.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:02 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2007
35 Posts
R/C Pocketbike Conversion

Is this just a little too extreme.........????????http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656741
URnew2me2 is offline Find More Posts by URnew2me2
Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:15 PM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by URnew2me2
Is this just a little too extreme.........????????http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656741
Probably not the best area for a test run, but never the less very interesting...
Got any close-up pics of the bike???
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:33 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by URnew2me2
Is this just a little too extreme
That's overkill, maddness and just plain dangerous......I love it

Keep it up!!

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:46 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
URnew2me2,.. pretty cool, but I'd be finding a bigass empty carpark so your neighbours don't freak out at you..

I only watched the first vid, cause I'm on a crappy plan still.. but would it be cool if you could turn the files into mpg's and compress them a little..?

I sent you a PM back too..

Shaun
Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:56 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Ben, the chain arrived today,.. so anytime after 6.30pm weekdays, or any time on the weekend if you want to grab it, or when we hook up next etc.. lol Typical,.. customs had a stickybeak at what was inside the bag too,.. they probably thought it was a bag full of extacy or something like that, by the feel of it anyway.. lol

Shaun
Old Mar 15, 2007, 04:10 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Also,.. about everyone hooking up on Saturday at Brendale, it's all good..! They don't start racing untill 4pm, so I'll be there around 9-10am'ish..
Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:38 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben, the chain arrived today,.. so anytime after 6.30pm weekdays, or any time on the weekend if you want to grab it, or when we hook up next etc.. lol Typical,.. customs had a stickybeak at what was inside the bag too,.. they probably thought it was a bag full of extacy or something like that, by the feel of it anyway.. lol

Shaun
Cool, thanks Shaun

I have just about got my NF ready, there where are few thing that weren't quite right with it. Everything was binding, a lot of wood screws used everywhere, and the stock engine mount sucks!!!. Anyway, it looks like the only things missing are a fuel filter and rear brakes. I'll grab a filter and bring the bike along with me on Saturday and try and get it running.

I'll get there about 11:30 - 12:00, got something on in the morning

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Mar 2007
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Also,.. about everyone hooking up on Saturday at Brendale, it's all good..! They don't start racing untill 4pm, so I'll be there around 9-10am'ish..
looking forward to see you fellas in action on saturday so I can see what i am getting myself into
stevenc is offline Find More Posts by stevenc
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:01 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
looking forward to see you fellas in action on saturday so I can see what i am getting myself into
Ha,.. cool..! It'll be nice to meet you Steven.. You'll be impressed I'm sure.. I'll have my nitro with me too,.. lol just in case Ben's new one does'nt go..

Anyone got a portable DVD player/laptop they cam bring with them on Sat., for Lenny,... he's got something special for us all to watch..

Shaun
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:43 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I'll be at Brendale at about 10:30. I can bring a laptop or a portable dvd player, which would you prefer ?

Think i'm going to have to go back to the yamaha bodywork, the desmo is too worn to even stay on the posts anymore.
havent gotten much done on the new body for a few days, looking forward to getting it done though.

Shaun, those timesheets are embarrasing ! . I need to get back to finishing races. I've kind of been keeping track of laptimes (for myself) and I'm happy to see I am getting faster, just the consistency is down.

I'll only be able to stay for a few hrs tomorrow. What time are you going to be there Lenny ?.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM