SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2007, 07:57 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
I've entered allready,.. but do any of you want to enter in the nitro bikes class..? It might be more of a hassle if there's not enough class, you'll be on your feet all day..

Shaun

I was getting the NF going to support that event but I do have a few concerns, like being the first nitro race things like starting and all that sort of stuff would need to be sorted before hand and there is going to be a few bugs that may make nitro bike racing look crappy in front of prospective racers. Also there is this bit :

Second entry only allowed if running on different days or you have a substitute marshal.

so I don't know how running both classes would work seeing as they are on the same day??

What does everyone think??

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2007, 08:41 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yer, I saw that bit and wondered the same thing
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:21 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Oopss...! Forgot I had the web up, went down stairs and it's been on all day..

lol Yeah,.. I though the same thing after rereading it again.. LOL

All my batt. packs are charged, one's in the bin and I swapped over a plug on another pack cause it was'nt contacting well,.. the same plug has let me down twice before.., so this time I remembered to exchange it with a new one.. So Ben, no more driving slow in the finals tomorrow..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:33 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Oopss...! Forgot I had the web up, went down stairs and it's been on all day..

lol Yeah,.. I though the same thing after rereading it again.. LOL

All my batt. packs are charged, one's in the bin and I swapped over a plug on another pack cause it was'nt contacting well,.. the same plug has let me down twice before.., so this time I remembered to exchange it with a new one.. So Ben, no more driving slow in the finals tomorrow..

Shaun
Well you still won the race, goes to show that you dont need the fastest most expensive setup to win a bike race. I really think that is one of the best things about the hobby, skill and bike setup make all the differance, not the money. Doesn't seem to stop me from spending though
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Well you still won the race, goes to show that you dont need the fastest most expensive setup to win a bike race. I really think that is one of the best things about the hobby, skill and bike setup make all the differance, not the money. Doesn't seem to stop me from spending though
I remember one race about 2 meets ago and you were on my tail for the whole race.. I think you must of had a stack in the finals of the opening day, or you would have beet me.. My bike was going 'really' slow, half speed.. That's the pack that's in the bin.. lol (I must have dumped it too far)

Shaun

Btw,.... We've been given the goahead to run the nitro bikes at the GP if we want.. Upto you guys, but we only really need 3 marshals at the most.. We'll talk about it more tomorrow..
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:15 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Mar 2007
11 Posts
Gday fellas have a question or two about racing at the gold coast track. Are you guys running only electric in general or are you mixing nitro and electric together until numbers pick up?
I ordered a TTN but probably be a little while before I am ready to race it with some level of confidence or ability but looking forward to it .
Shame wont be able to come down to watch the GP end of March hope it turns out a success and if someones able to take some vid footage make sure post it up here.
stevenc is offline Find More Posts by stevenc
Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
Gday fellas have a question or two about racing at the gold coast track. Are you guys running only electric in general or are you mixing nitro and electric together until numbers pick up?
I ordered a TTN but probably be a little while before I am ready to race it with some level of confidence or ability but looking forward to it .
Shame wont be able to come down to watch the GP end of March hope it turns out a success and if someones able to take some vid footage make sure post it up here.
Not really racing nitro yet due to numbers, and I may be wrong (guys, jump in and correct me if so) but we won't be able to mix nitro and elec due to the fact that they run elec one weekend and nitro the other.

However, a few more of us have just recently picked up nitro bikes so numbers are growing

We are organising to go to Brendale this Sat, you are more than welcome to come along and have a look and meet the guys. When you get your bike bring it to a meet, or we can arrange a place to meet and we will help you get it going. The problem with the RTR bikes is, they simply aren't ready to run. There are a few small mod/tweaks/settings that really gets them going a LOT better than stock so please do not be disheartened if you find its not running right on its maiden voyage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
and if someones able to take some vid footage make sure post it up here.
Lenny - you heard the man kidding, hopefully you will be running your bike on that weekend.

Ben
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Mar 2007
11 Posts
Thanks Ben let me know what time you guys heading to track on Saturday and I should be right to come out to have a look. Have been keen to see these in action in person so should be great to see.
stevenc is offline Find More Posts by stevenc
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Hi guys,
just a quick question, what time does racing normally finish? I am trying to sort out airfares and need to know how late a flight I will need to get.
thanks
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:22 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Depends on how many ppl turn up and how much stuffing around they wanna do but usually all done by 2pm. We normally hang around and dump whats left in batts, or play with the nitro bikes for an hour or so after.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:26 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
thanks,
that works out good. I will probably catch a flight around 7ish then from Brisbane. should have plenty of time then.
Eden
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:39 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Cool, it will be good to see you there. It would be great to have a full grid of bikes running
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:34 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver
thanks,
that works out good. I will probably catch a flight around 7ish then from Brisbane. should have plenty of time then.
Eden
Eden,.. are you coming up the night before the 1st of April?,.. and what airport..? Do you need me to pick you up or drop you off at all..??? Brizzy airport is only 15mins from my place.. Oh, and if you need a place to crash, there's a spare bed here if you need it...

Shaun
Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Gidday Shaun,
all things are right for me. I'm going to fly in and out of Brizzy as it gives me a choice of flights to take. Accomodations also ok as I am going to stay on the goldcoast. Thanks for the offer though.
BTW, what motors do you guys run. I want to make sure my bike at least is in the same league. (definitely not me though)

Eden
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:08 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver
BTW, what motors do you guys run.Eden
Great to hear you are coming up. As far as motors go we have some ss5800 novaks, a 6.5 novak I think and also a brushed mod. To be honest it is suprising how little difference power makes to lap times, what were you thinking of running?? We will set you up with a table and stuff under our shade tent, is there anything else you think you might need??

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075