HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 07, 2007, 06:03 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Ben thats looking good, I really like the shock lower mount with the better angle and offset for the pipe. What is the steering damper from??

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2007, 07:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Its just a plastic TC shock with a buggy shaft (for the extra length). I haven't put oil in it yet, but it feels like its dampening enought without it.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 07, 2007, 04:34 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Directed at Shaun, but if anyone else has ideas please let me know.

I saw this manifold in a hobby shop yesterday, but it was on a car and they didn't want to part with it. Its a bit hard to see in the packaging but do you think it might work if I cut it off after the first bend?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HPI-Exhaust-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Ben

Edit: found it here too (click on the pic for a larger version):
http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/pr...660380349c1bcc
Last edited by Nexzzt; Mar 07, 2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2007, 04:54 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Here's another place for ya Ben, mrcmodelcarparts.com

Great people and great service, I've always used these guys for anything for my savage. Every order I've made has been received the following day via express post.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 07, 2007, 04:56 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I've also got this if you want it Ben. Its from a old GV p190 touring car.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:13 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Thanks Lenny! But it looks like it bends the wrong way??? Needs to bend back rather than to the side??
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:14 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Here's another place for ya Ben, mrcmodelcarparts.com

Great people and great service, I've always used these guys for anything for my savage. Every order I've made has been received the following day via express post.
Cool, I found them just before and I was wondering what they are like. I'll bookmark that one.

Cheers
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:14 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Ben - Looking at my TTn pipe and also the NF both of theose pipes do a fairly sharp bend right from the mounting flange so you may run out of room with the pictured pipes. I have a spare TTN pipe just sitting there (and muffler), and an unopened TT front brake kit, you are welcome to borrow/buy/replace or what ever, I wont be using any of those TTN bits for ages I can bring to the track or you can come get them any time if you are super keen

Cheers
Simon

I can also recommend MRC, got heaps of truck bits off him and also next day if needed
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:19 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Ben - Looking at my TTn pipe and also the NF both of theose pipes do a fairly sharp bend right from the mounting flange so you may run out of room with the pictured pipes. I have a spare TTN pipe just sitting there (and muffler), and an unopened TT front brake kit, you are welcome to borrow/buy/replace or what ever, I wont be using any of those TTN bits for ages I can bring to the track or you can come get them any time if you are super keen

Cheers
Simon

I can also recommend MRC, got heaps of truck bits off him and also next day if needed
Thanks Simon! The TTN pipe, is that the manifold? If so, can I buy it off you? I have tried to buy one but Kelletts have never stocked it and said they won't get it in for me, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Thanks again
Ben
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:22 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Thanks Simon! The TTN pipe, is that the manifold? If so, can I buy it off you? I have tried to buy one but Kelletts have never stocked it and said they won't get it in for me, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Thanks again
Ben
Yep it runs from exaust port to muffler and it's yours if you want it, just let me know when you want to get it. I have gotta go do some work

Simon
Old Mar 07, 2007, 05:30 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Yep it runs from exaust port to muffler and it's yours if you want it, just let me know when you want to get it. I have gotta go do some work

Simon
Thanks, I'll take it. Let me know how much and i'll bring the mulla on race day.
I just realised I have the front brake kit from my elec (I haven't been using it because I found it was quicker backing the bike into corners) So I can use that.

Thanks everyone, I really want to run the nitro on the GP day and your help is much appreciated

Ben
Old Mar 07, 2007, 06:33 PM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
943 Posts
Quote:
I have tried to buy one but Kelletts have never stocked it and said they won't get it in for me...

Thanks again
Ben
If you look up "Kellets" in the dictionary, it will most likely say...

Kellets: not able to learn or act, perform, or work as desired; inadequate for the purpose: of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose...
pitts is offline Find More Posts by pitts
Old Mar 07, 2007, 07:05 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitts
If you look up "Kellets" in the dictionary, it will most likely say...

Kellets: not able to learn or act, perform, or work as desired; inadequate for the purpose: of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose...
LOL, i like that. Funny thing is the first few purchases were good, but went down hill from there. I must admit that my last order I placed was received the next day. They seem to be a bit hit miss
Old Mar 07, 2007, 08:22 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Hey Troy, any word on the balance of that Kelletts order??
Speaking of Kellets...

They have the fork legs but they werent going to send it to me until the other swingarm came in. Ive asked that it gets expressed today so I get them tomorrow. We should be good to go.

You're right, I want that NF, but buying it would surely hurt more than the cost alone . Can you believe a cake can cost $200 !??

Pitts/Ben, first I thought kellets were good but my opinion has been clouded a bit since then. I must say at least they are responsive when you contact them, I guess my expectations are that they would contact me and keep me up to date of whats going on....
OK That was freaky.. As i was typing that my mobile rang and it was Kellets confirming payment details...
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 07, 2007, 08:54 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Speaking of Kellets...

They have the fork legs but they werent going to send it to me until the other swingarm came in. Ive asked that it gets expressed today so I get them tomorrow. We should be good to go.

You're right, I want that NF, but buying it would surely hurt more than the cost alone . Can you believe a cake can cost $200 !??

Pitts/Ben, first I thought kellets were good but my opinion has been clouded a bit since then. I must say at least they are responsive when you contact them, I guess my expectations are that they would contact me and keep me up to date of whats going on....
OK That was freaky.. As i was typing that my mobile rang and it was Kellets confirming payment details...
That is freaky! I wouldn't have minded waiting for the swing arm Troy, but thanks for chasing it up.

Yes, I can believe a wedding cake costs that much. As soon as the word "wedding" is mentioned, the price of everything triples. I can't get over how much can be spent on weddings, that Bride Zella show scared the crap outta me.

Ben
Last edited by Nexzzt; Mar 07, 2007 at 09:00 PM.