HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 01, 2007, 03:51 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Ahhaaa,.. I'm back, and with good news,... WE DON'T HAVE TO MOVE JUST YET..! Cool..! I was'nt looking forward to it at all.. The new owners are only using this place now as an investment property.., and hopefully the rent stays where it is..

Ben,.. if you still want to drop over tomorrow, your more than welcome too,.. I may even get the bikes out of the their box and do a bit of tinkering..!!! lol No, I've actually got some bodies to vac for some guys and for HobbyHaven, so if you want to give me a hand with that, that would be cool too.. Maybe over a beer or two..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2007, 04:30 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Great news Shaun, I bet thats a relief Moving is a pain even when you want to.

Nearly got my shell fiished, i'll post some pics of it hopefully this weekend.

Anyone know a trick to remove PC paint from lexan ?. I've oversprayed and undermasked in a couple of small areas and want to clean it up. From Lennys shattered body i'm guessing brake fluid probably isnt the best thing, i've tried just scraping it off and it works ok but not real neat or easy.

Lenny, thanks for organising that aerial with Haydn as well, he let me know he picked it up from you. I shouldve mentioned it to the other guys but I think they were busy informing onlookers at the time .

Going out to scrub in the new tyres on the suzuki this weekend otherwise i'd invite myself up for some beer drinking and body molding.. At least I could help with the beer drinking part anyway

Have fun, looking forward to next race day!.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Mar 01, 2007, 04:50 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
hey shaun what sort of bodies do you do?
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Mar 01, 2007, 04:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
Blonde, brunette, red head....you name it and Shaun's done it :

Thanks for the invite Shaun, I'll see you about 1:00ish??
Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Last edited by Nexzzt; Mar 01, 2007 at 05:01 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2007, 05:16 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Blonde, brunette, red head....you name it and Shaun's done it :

Thanks for the invite Shaun, I'll see you about 1:00ish??
Ben
lol Your a funny bugger.. See ya tomorrow then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
Like Ben said, any model you want me too..! lol JK'n!..

No,.. Just the DUC Desmo style ones.. Eveything is packed away so tomorrow I hope to get started on some.. If you want one just let me know and I'll sort something out,.. but I don't have paypal setup yet,.. but hope to soon..

Shaun

Like this one..........
Old Mar 01, 2007, 05:24 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Troy,.. has the paint gone under the decal on the inside..? I usually just scrape it off with the blunt end of a hobby knife.. On the outside, I use Metho brotha, eah..! lol (Native slang).. Just rub till it comes off.. It won't penitrate the lexan.. (That's if your using Tamiya PC can paints)..

Shaun
Old Mar 01, 2007, 05:35 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Hey Shaun,
Put me down for a couple of shells, if that's alright!

TroyM,
No problems, Haydn and myself worked it all out...You could say our better half's did actually.

Also anybody got a esc for a brushed motor they would be interested in selling?

Lenny.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Mar 01, 2007, 05:56 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Good to see everyone back online and well

I was wondering about the gold coast challenge, I looked at the allycat online entry and it lists electric bike and nitro bike?? Does this mean when the club was saying first bike GP they ment nitro bikes?? If thats the case I had better get the NF going

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Mar 01, 2007, 06:27 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Yeah shaun, just throw me a pm with the costs as i will more than likely take one, the stock one is looking very sad.
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Mar 01, 2007, 03:56 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
335 Posts
I use Isoprpoal alcohol to remove paint from lexen. I work in the printing game, and have easy access to it. It's doesn't harm the lexen at all. All metho does, it seems, is to remove the colour pigment, it leaves like a shadowin the polycarb. If it is just light overspray, metho is fine, heavy overspray, may need some thing stronger.
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Old Mar 01, 2007, 10:18 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Lenny, Pete,.. no probs!..

Simon, yeah, glad to be back.. This is my virtual home.. Yep,.. get that NF of yours running, I want to see at least 4-5 or more nitros at the GC Challange, you just know it'll cause some major head turning... I think they just mean GP as in GranPrix, or then again, they might mean GasPowered.. I'll find out soon..

Magnuts,.. good to see you here.. Hey, you think you'll make it up from Adelade for the GP weekend..?

Oh, I'll have post a new thread for the bikes on RCTech tonight, to get more interest in the bikes etc...

Shaun
Old Mar 01, 2007, 10:38 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Also, anybody got a esc for a brushed motor they would be interested in selling?

Lenny.
Lenny, I have a pretty trick LRP v7.1 IPC digital ESC (50-180A).. I was'nt really planning on selling it (It's in my 1/12pan), but if you really want it I might be able to work something out with you.. It's only done about 10 onroad meets.. Did you fry your ESC..?

There's lots of (no reverse) NoLimit ESC's getting around now for pretty cheap..

Shaun
Old Mar 02, 2007, 12:53 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Ok Shaun, I will aim to have it up and running for the next meet and do some testing and tuning after racing I will see you on rctech

Ben - Do you think you might be able to get your nitro going in time??

Lenny - I have my old trusty novak that I dont want to sell ( not that anyone would buy it ), but if want to lend it for a few meeting thats ok.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Mar 02, 2007, 05:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Ben - Do you think you might be able to get your nitro going in time??
Simon
With Shauns help i should have it going by then. I have parts coming from Europe and USA for it, hopfully they will all get here in time.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Mar 02, 2007, 05:39 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Lenny, .. Did you fry your ESC..? Shaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Lenny - I have my old trusty novak that I dont want to sell ( not that anyone would buy it ), but if want to lend it for a few meeting thats ok.Simon
Dont know exactly what I've done to my esc. It still got steering, but no throttle or brake.

I raced off and bought a mamba esc yesterday, got home pluged it in...And guess what? No brakes!

Going to see what I can do today, I'll let you know how I go tonight.

Thanks guys,

Lenny.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma