HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 01:21 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075

Thanks Troy that would be great, could charge it up for me. That will also get me make that adapter that I have been going to do for ages so we can share chagers.....does it runs tha same deans plugs as the rest of your packs??

Simon
Sure does, I dont mind charging my packs from the full size bike battery, it hasnt had bad effect on it yet. Worst case I could always roll start it
I just have to remember to put them on charge after a race. I've been looking at getting some 4200's as well, i need some more packs.
I'll charge up the 2000 so its ready to go.

Wow, sounds like its all happening down in Adelaide!, you guys might get classes happening before Sydney
I sure would like one of those SF506s.. The better half would go through the roof if I turned up with one though

Pete, what kind of packs are you running ?. I had a go of Shauns SS5800 in my bike a while back and it didnt do wheelies I get the occasional wheelie now with the 6.5 novak but only with a freshly peaked pack, I do run unmatched 3600Mah intellects though, maybe they just dont have the guts.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:18 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Troy im running exactly the same pack as you are, even with the 16t pinion and about 10 mins running it comes straight up. with a fresh pack it so bad i have snapped two of the bolts that hold the rear frame to the main frame twice, my rear frame has some serious scrape marks on it now. How big a charge does your pack hold when full?
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:51 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Hi All..!

Just a quick reply.. In a bit of a delema at the mo, we have to move house.. Long story, but I'll be there at Gilly on Sunday.. (I can't miss that!) But I won't be on much here for a little while, only just to check up on emails etc over the next week or so.. Just busy cleaning up under the house, and I mean BUSY..!!!!!

Ben, Do you still want to meet me here as usual..? Could you give me a call, or I'll give you a call when I can..? I'll be cleaning up here etc,.. and I've been back at work too most of this week, notice the lack of responses from me..!?

Troy, what's your Email and I'll send you a copy of the flyer..? Either tonight or tomorrow lunch time when I get home from work...

Take care all I'll be back on soon, but have to pack and find a new place.. Hecktic!

Shaun
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:10 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Good luck with the move Shaun, Need a trailor at all. I could bring one on Sunday.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:26 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Shaun hope your move goes well, there are not many things I hate more than moving If you need boxes I have a pile of removal cartons from my last move you could borrow.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:30 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
Good luck with the move Shaun, Need a trailor at all. I could bring one on Sunday.
Lenny,.. it's all good, we've got a big removel truck coming.. Thanks for the offer though..!

Quote:
Shaun hope your move goes well, there are not many things I hate more than moving If you need boxes I have a pile of removal cartons from my last move you could borrow.

Simon
Simon,.. Thanks,.. I think I'll grab a few if that's cool with you then, you can never have too many big boxes when your packing.. Some extras will come in handy..

Shaun
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:52 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
No problem Shaun, I have about ten or so standard removale sized cartons and one that suits hanging clothes. I will just chuck them all in the ute and bring to racing, you can take what you want/can fit

Simon

BTW Has everone who is racing entered online, I did a night or two ago.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
OT : Forgot to ask....any of you computer savy guys know of any good computer packages/suppiers?? I am looking to get another PC that is better for games, spend upto about $2000?? I play mainly driving sims, and normally get most of my stuff from computeralliance.com.au and was looking at their gamer X package. If someone could take a look and see what they think, I dont have much of a clue Just drop me a PM

Simon
Last edited by scoop075; Feb 22, 2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
943 Posts
Quote:
OT : Forgot to ask....any of you computer savy guys know of any good computer packages/suppiers?? I am looking to get another PC that is better for games, spend upto about $2000?? I play mainly driving sims, and normally get most of my stuff from computeralliance.com.au and was looking at their gamer X package. If someone could take a look and see what they think, I dont have much of a clue Just drop me a PM

Simon
Have a look at Dell Australia
http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

I know heaps of people that deal with them and all are happy with the price and service...
You get to choose the package/updates you wish, and price includes delivery...
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I usually buy parts and throw them together, so im not really up who sells good packages. We used to use Dell PC's here at work and I found their computers to very good and service was excellent also. We have just moved to HP's and on the whole we have been happy with them also (4 faulty out of 400 PC's ain't bad). Spec wise that computer your looking at has everything I was going to suggest looking at, except I would go for 2GB ram. If you change one of the 512mb modules the 2GB Kingston ram KIT (and remove the other 512mb ram module) it only adds $90 to the total.

The other main thing is after sales service. Sounds like you have had a good experience with Computer Alliance so hopefully they will look after you if problems occur.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure if you guys got this message or not, so I'll post it here anyway....

Hi Everyone

Notice re; Grand Opening this Sunday

Please be aware of the following for Sunday

Bring a shelter tent if you have one even if you will not be using it as we need extra shade for food stall, and maybe some for the spectators. Forecast is for 29 degrees and hopefully no rain.

Make sure you are set up by 9am.
We can have a practice from 9am but this will only happen if we have everything else set up. So bring your helping hands.

As soon as you have your gear out of your car please park it out in the front car park or preferably in the schools car park so that we have plenty of parking for the general public.
The only vehicles in the track car park will be those that are on display and the two hobby shop vans.

If you are a stock or modified driver you need to enter online NOW as I only have one entry and this class will be dropped if we don’t get more entries prior to Sunday. I do not want to take entries on the day if at all possible. www.alycat.com then click “on-line entries” and use pull down menu to select GoldCoastGrandopening.

If you are not running a car please still come along and support the club by;
Sell raffle tickets
Gate prize tickets
Being available to talk to the public about your sport.
Manning the BBQ helping with food
Manning the jumping castle

If you are running a car please help out with the above between rounds.

Off-road guys you also need to be set up by 9am as there will be no cars coming into the track car park area once the day is under way. With one or two exceptions such as seafm’s van around mid morning.

Peter Gately

Secretary GCMR

So make sure we don't have to run back and forth because we've left something in the cars half way down the road..

See ya Sunday,.. oh, and thanks Simon for the boxes..

Shaun
Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:20 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Thanks for the info Shaun, I plan to be there by 8.00am, and I will bring the second shade tent incase the club needs it.

See you all on Sunday,

Simon
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Simon,

I came across this while surfin around on rcgroups and thought you might be interested. Read the first post and then post #3. Might solve your launch problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644400

Ben

Edit: From what I can see in the pics it looks like the capacitor connects in parallel to the battery connector.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:43 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Thanks for that Ben I am going to do some more research into it.....very interesting

I have also emailed castle creations and will try a few different settings with the esc, maby less punch control may also help?? Worst case senario I may bring some sort of extra stand to hold the bike up for longer. I dont want to give up on the mamba just yet because its great everywhere else except for the start and I really dont want to have to buy a sensored setup.

Cheers
Simon
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
I have also emailed castle creations and will try a few different settings with the esc, maby less punch control may also help?? Worst case senario I may bring some sort of extra stand to hold the bike up for longer. I dont want to give up on the mamba just yet because its great everywhere else except for the start and I really dont want to have to buy a sensored setup.

Cheers
Simon
Yer, I agree. Its a big cost to got to a sensored setup especially when you only have a small problem with the mamba. There has to be a simple solution, playing with the punch control is worth a shot.