HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 05:47 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Hi Gordon,.. and a BIG Welcome to the forum..!

WOW!, reading 700 or so posts, your game..

See, I knew there's more guys out there getting into these bikes, great to see..

As for speed, their nothing like 1/8's.. The bikes make up for it in other ways though, drifting into and out of the corners, wheelies, etc.. I used to race a Serpent 705 but after a while it was kinda like racing scale electricx.. I got bored with it.. Bikes are'nt as fast thru the corners but wind out really well with a fast BL or engine in them.. Tyres are a big deal though for grip, you'll find the NF/stock tyres ok but GRP's or PMT's are what you really need for good grip, they make a huge difference over stock.. The NF tyres you'll find a little slippery, but not that bad,.. it's only when you start getting speed out of the bikes that you'll want to get better tyres..

It's a shame your club won't allow anymore classes, you need to move up here..! Our club (Gilston) have taken on the bikes with open arms, they want to see it grow into 3 classes in time and have our own day.., RTR/stock, Open BL/lipo, and nitro etc..

Yeah, I was at the 200mm IC Worlds at Brendale last year on the last day, I got a media pass.. I may have seen you there..

Don't worry about the long post, this one's probably longer..

Good to have you onboard..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2007, 06:01 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Waterfall
I've gone back to ordinary thin cyano as well.The 480 works well but seems a bit thick to actually run into the gap and can easily set in lumps in my experience.

It's good you're getting the bike scene going in Aus.

Allan
Hey Allan, yeah, and CA is cheaper than 480 too.., and lighter than shoegoo and contact adhesive,.. much easier to use, less mess..

Thanks, I just want to see the bikes get a fair go over here, it's been 'cars cars cars' for far to long me thinks..! It's time for bikes now..

Shaun

Btw, here's another duxie for you..
Old Feb 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Hey Shaun,

Is that a miniature Dachshund in the pic ? My avatar is the pic of one of ours that we lost suddenly in 2005,still think of him everyday.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 19, 2007, 06:43 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Yep, he's a mini.. He's my girlfriends sisters duxie, she lives here with us too... I met your other duxie at the Worlds.. lol Their funny little dogs, bark at the smallest of things.., little man syndrome.. We also have 2 8yr old Staffordshire terriers.. He's about 4yrs old..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Feb 19, 2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:40 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Hey Troy videos are great, i have noticed in some of the videos you cant see the receiver aerial, how have you guys got them run?
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 19, 2007, 04:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
Hey Troy videos are great, i have noticed in some of the videos you cant see the receiver aerial, how have you guys got them run?
In that vid Shaun and I are running 2.4 (Spektrum - or how ever they spell it ). You only need a very short aerial (about 30 - 40mm) and it doesn't need to be reaching for the sky to work well.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Last edited by Nexzzt; Feb 20, 2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
here is a pic of my bike with the grps just fitted not run yet, have done a few more mods now, its gettting there, going to try the tyres today
I polished the outer edge of the rim at work the other night just cause i was bored, didnt come up to bad i think
Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:26 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Hey, any of you guys that will be at racing on sunday have a spare half decent battery pack that is in stick configuration with the cells setup end to end (like standard tamiya pack)?? The club was looking for cars for the celebrity race and I offered an old tamiya touring car I own but looks like my only pack in that configuration is very average and may not make the distance. Also just a thought, but seeing as it's for demo this weekend mayby Shaun you could get the nitro bike out for one of our races, crowd would love it and so would I

Grodon - Welcome, great to hear there is some 1/5 bike action over in SA, Post some pics or video when you get it up and running

Pete - Bikes looking good, looking forward to hearing what you think of those GRPs. I think it will fly....especially if you follow the assembly plans it's sitting on

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I've got a near new 2000Mah NiCD pack I never use, It's usually in the toolbox though, I'm happy for you to use that.

Shaun, if you want to send me those flyers I can get them printed up nice and shiny
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
[QUOTE=TroyM]I've got a near new 2000Mah NiCD pack I never use, It's usually in the toolbox though, I'm happy for you to use that.QUOTE]

Thanks Troy that would be great, could charge it up for me. That will also get me make that adapter that I have been going to do for ages so we can share chagers.....does it runs tha same deans plugs as the rest of your packs??

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:16 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Gordon, welcome. Great to see new ppl getting into the hobby. The ppl here are great and so is the information.

Pete, your bike is looking great. The wheels look really good, I did the same thing with the stock rear tire.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
took the bike for a run, can anyone say wheelie monster!!!, cornering is very nice now, just have trouble keeping the front wheel down even with at 16t pinion.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
took the bike for a run, can anyone say wheelie monster!!!, cornering is very nice now, just have trouble keeping the front wheel down even with at 16t pinion.
Sounds like your having too much fun. The next thing to try is some nice controlled power slides

Sorry, I forgot, what ESC/Motor are you running?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 07:37 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Hey Lenny, don't want to sound like a nagging G/F, but are you any closer to getting that Brendale footage uploaded? Even a still shot of a slide just to keep me going would be great

Cheers
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:09 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
just the ss5800