HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Found it,... >>> http://www.brccc.org.au/ Track location is hi-lighted..
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:54 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Ahh a wedding.....one of the few things that makes our hobby seem cheap
It sure does, as fair warning for others though, you shouldnt mention to the bride to be that you could purchase 5x SF506s for the price of a dress. It really dosent go down well at all...

Shaun, I reckon i'll be there by 10 or 10:30 at the latest. Hows the grip at Wynnum, it looks like concrete ?.
I'll be sure to bring an extra set of crashbars .
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 14, 2007, 01:16 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Troy,.. The grip is fine, but yes, bring some extra c/bars, you might need them.. Concrete=sandpaper... It's not that bad though.. See you around 10'ish then..

Simon,.. It'll be good to see you come out for some practice soon, then you can come for a run at Brendale with us all.., you'll absolutely love the place..! Like Ben said, it's fun for drifting, and it's a fast track..

Shaun
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
It sure does, as fair warning for others though, you shouldnt mention to the bride to be that you could purchase 5x SF506s for the price of a dress. It really dosent go down well at all...
At least you didn't calculate the cost in slabs
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:55 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Simon,.. It'll be good to see you come out for some practice soon, then you can come for a run at Brendale with us all.., you'll absolutely love the place..! Like Ben said, it's fun for drifting, and it's a fast track..
Yeah I am super keen to get to Brendale, sounds like great fun plus more track time is always a good thing for getting those lap times down

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 14, 2007, 07:03 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I managed to move some stuff around so I can make it on Sunday (including a drive up to the Sunshine Coast tonight to install an ADSL modem), hows that for dedication to the hobby j/k

Anyway, what's the plan? Driftdale or Wynnum?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:53 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
I managed to move some stuff around so I can make it on Sunday (including a drive up to the Sunshine Coast tonight to install an ADSL modem), hows that for dedication to the hobby j/k

Ben, don't you mean Saturday,.. that's when Troy is coming up.. But if you can only make it on Sunday, I can do that too..

Shaun

Btw Ben, PM sent...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:56 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Driftdale and Grynndum... Grynndum is closer for Troy, we'll get more run time.., and it does'nt cost anything..

Shaun
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:24 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Oops, i meant Sat.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Hey, I just was on the Gold coast club website and they have the results for the last meeting up. They also have the grand opening in the online entry bit, and there is a bike 1/5 class in the menu Guess that means that we are going to be doing some demo runs for the opening

Cheers
Simon
Old Feb 16, 2007, 01:53 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
thats great, I was wondering about the opening day thing, on the rctech forums they dont mention the bikes.
Should be a good day, we'll get to see a bit of everything.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 16, 2007, 04:45 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Hey, I just was on the Gold coast club website and they have the results for the last meeting up. They also have the grand opening in the online entry bit, and there is a bike 1/5 class in the menu Guess that means that we are going to be doing some demo runs for the opening

Cheers
Simon
Simon,.. can you post the links to the part where you saw the grand opening bit, and to the bike class bit in the menu..? I looked for it and did'nt see anything..!

I found the results from our last meet.. Wish they would post the points total on the site so you don't have to download anything..

Thanks,

Shaun
Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:11 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Simon,.. can you post the links to the part where you saw the grand opening bit, and to the bike class bit in the menu..? I looked for it and did'nt see anything..!

I found the results from our last meet.. Wish they would post the points total on the site so you don't have to download anything..

Thanks,

Shaun
Shaun, click here, select GoldCoastGrandOpening from the "To begin, please select a meeting... " drop down menu, then click on the drop down menu for "Select Class". 1/5 MotorBike is listed there.

Ben

PS: I have nominated just now, but did I remember correctly that it is free for the Grand Opening? Not that it matters except for making sure I have the correct money on the day, its always the last thing on my mind.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 02:42 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Sorry about the poor explanation...."online entry bit" Needless to say I am no computer tech guy, luckly Ben has it covered in the above post.

Simon
Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:29 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Simon, that's ok,.. I did'nt even think to click on the drop down box, menu thingy.., if I had clicked on it in the first place, it would have explained everything.. lol

Yeah, I thought you saw a write up for the opening etc, but I see what you ment now..

Ben,.. I'm pretty sure it was a free day, but bring some extra dosh just in case.. If you don't need it, Heavy might be there with his mobile RCshop.. I'm sure you could find something to spend the money on...

Shaun