HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 03:41 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Racing was great, every race meet we all improve and I think today was no different. I finished all the races with no DNFs which was my big aim for today and a change in steering damper oil smoothed out the bike through the corners and made it really enjoyable to drive. I do still have a few issues with the motor stuttering as I leave the starting blocks and the bike falling over But in the third and again in the final I reset my best time as I consentrated more on my lines and driving. I am not quite up to Shaun and Ben for speed but it will get there

Thanks for a great day

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
do you guys run the electrics only out there or nitro as well?
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
do you guys run the electrics only out there or nitro as well?
No, just elec. bikes at the mo.. I do run mine there though, but not enough to start a class yet.. We run the bikes at the elec. meets anyway,.. they run seperate meets for elec and nitro at Gilly.. (Nitro meet is this weekend coming)...

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Feb 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2007
35 Posts
Scratch Biuld Or Kit?

Hello guys, Have any of you folks in sydney , or anywhere on the east coast of Oz,purchased stuff directly from 2wheelhobbies.com or Crazynut racing.com? The plan at this point is to build a bike from scratch as i already have ENOUGH radio gear Around here and cant see myself staying with the stock bike long as ive had R/C bike b4.... years ago so should progress quickly with the new tech stuff.. im NOT going to end up with a pile of "stock" parts i'll never use. I need to do a bit more homework yet. All the parts seem to be available...... Any Help or suggestions to help me minimise waste will be greatly appreciated.... thanks in advance ....UR
URnew2me2 is offline Find More Posts by URnew2me2
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by URnew2me2
Hello guys, Have any of you folks in sydney , or anywhere on the east coast of Oz,purchased stuff directly from 2wheelhobbies.com or Crazynut racing.com? The plan at this point is to build a bike from scratch as i already have ENOUGH radio gear Around here and cant see myself staying with the stock bike long as ive had R/C bike b4.... years ago so should progress quickly with the new tech stuff.. im NOT going to end up with a pile of "stock" parts i'll never use. I need to do a bit more homework yet. All the parts seem to be available...... Any Help or suggestions to help me minimise waste will be greatly appreciated.... thanks in advance ....UR
UR,.. don't bother with CNR, just order straight from 2wheels.. Fast service to your door within a week.. Plus 2wheels stock mostly all CNR's parts anyway..

As for building your own chass, get your self some 2mm/3mm CF sheet (Kelletts has some) and use your old Ali chass as a template to trace your own design from.. (You can play with the geomatery too if you like).. You'll also need to buy some K&S Ali tube and solid bar to make your own frame spacers etc.. You can use existing hardware from your stock chass also if you don't feel like making your own spacers etc..

As for parts worth spending your mulla on/parts that are strong and that will last etc,.. the TTn forks are great, Tornados too,.. the single sided fm1e swinger, or the dual sided Tornado swinger.>(won't bend or twist, and if the rear wheel is off line you can just loosen the axle bolts and straighten it again, not like the fm1e arm)... Also, a strong fm1e steering stem/yoke is good to have too, or the TTn one.. Any of the Ali. billit wheels are good, the TTn/TTe wheels are Diecast and can brake.. And then, a good set of tyres like PMT's or the GRP's... Oh,.. and a set of clamping Ali. triples for the forks.. HTH's

Shaun
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I have bought from both but apparently, there can be major delays buying from Crazynut direct now. I have never had issues myself but many on the forum have.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by URnew2me2
I have purchased gear directly from CNR (Crazynut Racing) in the past and not had a problem, but that was before the "issues" began. Do a search on this forum and you will know what I mean.

2Wheelhobbies seems to have the best customer service by far, a few guys in OZ have purchased from them without problems. They sell CNR gear too, just check whats in stock. The only issue I have (and I know this isn't Bruce's fault) is that the shipping charges are a bit high for my liking. The cheapest shipping option, even for small parts, is approx $27.50USD. But if you get a few guys together and make one big order it isn't so bad. Sometimes its worth paying extra to reduce the hassle factor. Just my opinion of course.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:57 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hey, is anyone interested in doing a run on Saturday somewhere in Brisbane ?
I'm going to be up there for most of the day with the better half checking out wedding dresses and apparently i'm not allowed to see the wedding dresses , so i'm a taxi with a few hrs to kill
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Hey guys, i took the bike out for a run today, im now running the ss5800 .
Man what a power difference over the old 13 turn motor, the thing has so much more punch of the mark, it actually rather funny with the stock tyres i have, i cant work out if the tyres are spinning on the rim or the tyre is actually spinning on the ground, look out grp here i come. I also put the blue spring in the rear which has made a huge difference, thanks Shaun. At work the other night we turn up a new stainless steel rod to pass through the top of the shock to take the movement out of it and i will be picking up a TTN alloy lower shock mount tomorrow to tighten the rest up
I also ditched the factory radio and pinch the mega tech out of my 1/5th truck so no more glitching now.
I only have one question tonight what oil are people running in there steering dampener? as my bike seem to contantly have the wobbles under power!

Oh i almost forgot, i wonder how the poor tamiya frog is going to handle the old 13turn motor, should be rather interesting.

cheers pete
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:19 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
Oh i almost forgot, i wonder how the poor tamiya frog is going to handle the old 13turn motor, should be rather interesting.

cheers pete
Iv got a grass hopper im thinking about putting an Mtroniks brushless system into just to see what happens.

Steering dampener - i run it with out oil and it works quite well (i got sick of it leaking and found without the oil it works just as well). Thats using the TT ali steering dampener btw.

Ben
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:58 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I'm going to be up there for most of the day with the better half checking out wedding dresses and apparently i'm not allowed to see the wedding dresses , so i'm a taxi with a few hrs to kill
Troy,.. I'm allways keen..! Do you want to check out the track at Wynuum..? Or we could do another day at Brendale again if there's nothing is on..?

Pete, as soon as you put those GRP's on the bike will be in a whole new legue.. I use either 10wt in the damper, or like Ben, nothing at all, it just depends on how much head shake you need to loose.. Also, I thought I had another 29mHz Rx unit but I must have passed it on a while ago, the only other one I have is really old, then a 27mHz Rx from the TTn.. Sounds like you have it sorted anyway..

Shaun
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Im not sure I can make it atm. I'll try and figure a way out of what im supposed to be doing and let you know. I don't mind where we go, Wynnum is good for getting your accuracy better, but Brendale is really fun for drifting!!

BTW, Lenny, have you had a chance to get some of that Brendale action together?

Ben
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I wouldnt mind either, i've never been to Wynnum before, is it a smaller track than Brendale ?.

I've attached my steering dampner too now so I'm keen to test that out as well.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
I wouldnt mind either, i've never been to Wynnum before, is it a smaller track than Brendale ?.

I've attached my steering dampner too now so I'm keen to test that out as well.
Cool, If we go to Wynuum it's not as far as Brendale is, and you'll get more track time too.. Wynuum's only 10mins from the city and easier to find.. The track is smaller, but it's always good to learn on a smaller track.. When you get back to Gilly again it'll fell as big as a football field..

What time on Saturday then Troy..? They have a map on their site too, but I'll find the link for you...

Shaun
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Ahh a wedding.....one of the few things that makes our hobby seem cheap

As usual I have got too much on for a run, but on the up side I gave notice at my 2nd job, so as of the end of the month I should have more time for extra runs between meetings.

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075