HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 08, 2007, 06:56 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
[QUOTE=TroyM]

Ben, I love the english translation on that grp page, i read it three times then had an acid flashback

[QUOTE]

Yer I know, took me a few attempts to get the idea of what there were trying say.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2007, 06:56 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
thanks Ben.
How many of you guys are runnning the 16t pinion on your bikes? is there much difference?
Also do you guys do any front fork mods other than harder the upgrade shafts?

Cheers pete
Oh, pete,.. I forgot to let you know that I sent off that spring for you on Tues. morning, so you might have it by tomorrow (Friday)..

Using a 16T pinion will just give you more top end and less torque on take off, wheeling and flipping over etc.. We need them for the long back straight at Gilly..

Troy, it's funny how they let your order just sit there untill that one part arrives, and it could take forever.. It would have been nice of them to atleast let you know it could take a while,.. they know the procedure and how long things take on average to get there.. That guy sounds like he was having one of those Acid flash backs too.. Nice to know they still have a 'Don't give a ' policy... (When I got my first fm1e from them it took forever to get to me.. They said they had them in stock over the phone, then when I made the order they told me they had to wait till the next shipment came from TT,.. so I waited for like 2months after I had paid for it till it arrived.. )

2 days to go..!

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Feb 08, 2007, 06:38 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Shaun, nah I asked them to hold it until the TI legs came in to save on post but since they were taking so long I asked them to ship what they had in stock in the meantime. Post was only $7 anyway.

It arrived this morning, well mostly. It's missing two items that I ordered, it's possible they are on backorder with the legs too.

So this is the gear i'll have with me on Sunday:
Reinforced Shock Shafts (x2 - me and Ben)
Rear axle (Ben)
16t pinion gear (Ben & Shaun - only 2, I ordered 3)
14t pinion gear (me)
Upper and lower alloy triples (me)
Rear swing arm (Lenny - only 1, I ordered 2)

Back ordered:
FM1n Ti shock body set
Rear swing arm
16t pinion

Still have no ETA on these but i'll keep you informed when I find out.

2 days to go !
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 08, 2007, 07:37 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Cool, at least you got most of it.. So what's the damage on my part inc. postage..? I'll have it with me on Sunday.. Thanks Troy..

Shaun
Old Feb 08, 2007, 09:14 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Yeah, I wasnt planning on getting those triples as they were pretty pricey compared to 2wheelhobbies, I just forgot to take them off the order. I'm kinda glad I did though, they look pretty sweet.

Do you think I should mod them to be clamping before fitting them ?. They dont have the same hole in them as the ones i loaned from you but I reckon I could drill them along the edge more like 1:1 triple clamps.

I've sent PMs to everyone with the costs and stuff
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 08, 2007, 11:19 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Hey Shaun thanks a lot for the spring, got it today
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 09, 2007, 03:32 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Yeah, I wasnt planning on getting those triples as they were pretty pricey compared to 2wheelhobbies, I just forgot to take them off the order. I'm kinda glad I did though, they look pretty sweet.

Do you think I should mod them to be clamping before fitting them ?. They dont have the same hole in them as the ones i loaned from you but I reckon I could drill them along the edge more like 1:1 triple clamps.

I've sent PMs to everyone with the costs and stuff
Thanks Troy,.. I got your PM, you probably allready know that by now though..

Yeah, We'll see on Sunday what we can do with them.. I've seen them up close before but not really looked at them in the same way I would if I was to mod them though.., but for now their fine, just in the long run you'll be straightening them back more often..

Shaun
Old Feb 09, 2007, 03:47 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Hey Shaun thanks a lot for the spring, got it today
Pete, cool..! No probs,.. something to tinker with over the weekend.. Let us know how you go with it too..

Shaun
Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Ok,.. same spot as last time?,.. or should we get a bit closer the that electrical box, or just bring a 4way power board and longer extension leads..??

Also, are both shade tents going to be there too..? I guess if everyone just brings the same as last time we'll be all good..! Sun screen, hats and hard tyres tomorrow, it's going to be HOT!!!... 32-34c

Shaun
Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I am good to go, I have both shade tents and I will also bring a long extension cord that should come close to doing the job. I dont mind where we pit but if it isnt going to be same spot as before let me know.

I also have a backup bike if anyone needs it.....it's pink....folds up

See everyone tommorrow, I will get there about 7.30 so as to set up before nominations open.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I dont mind where we pit either. However, if there was a bar it would be a differant storey
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Hey any of you guys got any spare 29mhz receivers you want to sell, the stock jaguar radio is just crap and i need a spare 29 for my megatech radio
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:14 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Hey any of you guys got any spare 29mhz receivers you want to sell, the stock jaguar radio is just crap and i need a spare 29 for my megatech radio
Pete, I think I might have one or two laying around somewhere.. I'll have a look tonight and let you know..

Shaun
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:16 AM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
hows the days racing?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 01:46 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Yeah, it was fun as always.. Just 4 of us this time, Lenny had other things on etc.. (Missed him not being there though) We raced on the longer cuircut this weekend. Eveyone has improved on their PB's.. Ben was pretty much right behind me all day in every heat, if I had of made the smallest mistake he would have passed me no probs. which he did in one heat, but I like the fast, close racing,.. it's what make's it so much fun.. Simon and Troy are right behind there too.. It won't be long till we're all head to head on every corner, it's only a matter of time.. I think all of us had little problems here and there all day, but nothing major that would stoped us from finishing every race.. In the 2nd heat after a big crash off one of the ripple stips in the middle field, it would'nt move, so I ran down to check it quickly and found my battery unpluged it's self lol, so fixed it, bolted back to the drivers stand so I would'nt get a DNF..

Like before, it's hard to tell what everyones doing out there when your focused on your own driving.. I'm sure the other guys have some different view points about today too..

Shaun