SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 07, 2007, 03:50 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I can only tell you my experience I guess. I have only ever used a medium on the front and I have never had grip problems (inc racing), but im sure if I started running a really modded bike (currently running novak ss5800) I would need a soft. I tend to go for longer lasting tyres due to the difficaulty in getting them in Australia also. HTH

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:08 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I don't really know anything about tyres but I have seen posted in other threads that too soft a front tyre can also make it harder to keep the bike down during a turn....may be something to consider. I have PMT100 front and rear and have not run anything else so I couldn't say how they compare to others

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:52 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Pete,.. you can get away with a GRP soft on the front, it's similar to the PMT100.. You wont ware it out like you would with a rear, and the grip is good...... Get the B22B compound for the rear..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Feb 07, 2007, 07:37 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
So, are we doing the full size track,.. or the smaller, or, smallest track layout this weekend..??? I said we'd do the full track, but if I'm out voted, it's fine with me..

I'm keen to use the most of the new burm at the end of the main straight, on the sweeper... If you have a bit of speed coming off the straight the outside curb helps you lock in and stay on the track... Ride'n the ripples..

Shaun
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:46 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Full track would be my preference, that last sweeper/hairpin coming off the back straight of the track is one of the parts I can consistently manage good speeds

Pete, bargain on the ss5800, i've been keeping an eye out for one too, must have missed that one.

I'm just as likely to experience steering issues on the back straight right before that berm/ripple strip and launch the bike over the fence into the bush.. Failing that, we'll have to get ricky out there and send him over it on purpose
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:55 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Full track sounds good to me, I like the way the layout has a big jump.....er curb at the end of the straight

Simon
Old Feb 07, 2007, 04:13 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Doesn't bother me too much, but I do prefer the full track. I like to ride the nipples....er ripples too

Ben
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:00 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Doesn't bother me too much, but I do prefer the full track. I like to ride the nipples....er ripples too

Ben
Isn't that a new bike by Yamaha...The Nipples I can see it now "Honey I am just going for a spin on my Nipples"

So is everyone keen for racing this weekend, will we have a field of five or more?? I am super keen and as usual have changed/still changing a whole pile of stuff which I haven't tested yet , But this time I plan to get some test running in so all the pieces that are going to fall of do before the first heat My main aim is to get some consistancy and no DNF from mechanical problems.

Cheers
Simon
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:21 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yer, I have have been keen for 3 weeks now. I have a few things to try out too, one of them being the new body/rider. I want to see how the handling is affected by not having that heavy Terry Tuff Nuts (TTN for short ) weighing the bike down
Old Feb 07, 2007, 08:05 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
If we use the full size track the laps will drop, lap times go up etc,.. not that that bothers me but, seeing we're going for the full track I'm going to go for how many consistant laps I can get too, and see if I can make a 10 lapper from the full sized cuircut.. I think it'll be more like 8-9 laps, but you never know..!

Oh, also, for the finals, do you guys want to do a 7min round and see if what we get from our packs..? This is to test if we can get 7-10 mins for the finals at the Summer Challange thingy comming up soon.. We should go for 7mins, and seeing how much mAh is left in the packs, we could go for 10...

Yes, testing.. I just had to replace the steering damper mount for the new chassis and put a Tornado swinger on.. Oh, and a new (old) 30comp. rear PMT, cause I know it's going to be a scortcher this weekend..

Anyway,... 'I'm crAWLing tHe wAlls here, I caN'T wAIt aNY LonGER'..!!!

Shaun
Old Feb 07, 2007, 08:49 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I'm happy to run a longer final for sure, the more track time the better. Better check with Lenny and see how he is giong for batteries and if he thinks he will make it?? In a full heat/final I consistantly have 2500mah left in my packs which charge to 3700mah, so I can go for heaps longer

Simon
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:19 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Pete,.. you can get away with a GRP soft on the front, it's similar to the PMT100.. You wont ware it out like you would with a rear, and the grip is good...... Get the B22B compound for the rear..

Shaun
Umm what is the B22B?
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:42 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
Umm what is the B22B?
Pete, check this site for the product codes for the tyres. B22B are the SOFT option for the rear tyre.

Ben
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:35 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
thanks Ben.
How many of you guys are runnning the 16t pinion on your bikes? is there much difference?
Also do you guys do any front fork mods other than harder the upgrade shafts?

Cheers pete
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 08, 2007, 03:47 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Gents, I spoke to Kellets again this morning and they still dont know when the TT stuff is due to arrive so I asked them to part-ship the in stock items which is everything bar the ttn fork legs. I also asked if they could express it so it arrives tomorrow. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty relaxed and kind of vague so I can't guarantee they will be here tomorrow but if all goes well I should have them on Sunday.
I kind of forgot how much everything was now so i'll let you know cost from the invoice when it comes in .

Ben, I love the english translation on that grp page, i read it three times then had an acid flashback

Pete, i've never tried the 16t pinion, always run the stock one and i've never felt it was lacking, we've got a few coming in this Kellets order so it will be good to test them out.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM