HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 12:16 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy
Hey Shaun, do you have a link for the tornado forks you speak of? Im afraid to purchase the integy shocks bc i wouldn't know how to mod them. yep, i meant rasing the front end by drilling two holes 8mm lower on the side chassis, i hear that helps with the turns. the lipo battery pack and charger will have to wait after i get the brushless system, im using a 4200 battery pack now. im dropping some serious cabbage on this hobby. only had the bike for like 2 weeks . but im determined to get this bike riding the skipton guys.

let me ask you guys this-whats a better electric bike-say they were equally modded well- sf501 or tte? also -who sells decals?

thanks
Yep,.. http://2wheelhobbies.com/ has them and all the other Tornado parts, TT parts aswell... Also, straight from the source,.. www.tornadoracing.co.uk/ ... They also have a chassis coming out in 2weeks time, which I'm sure will be the ducksnuts in elec. bike design.., for the time being anyway..

Another chassis to think about too is the McLarney,.. http://www.mclarneyracing.co.uk/ Another well perfoming bike in the UK which has taken out a few series over there now.. Both are very well balanced bikes.. But you'll need to get all the other parts that these two chassis don't come with etc.. Look them both over carefully to see what else you'll need to get them up and running...

Other than those, you have the elec. NF and TTe, which are both entry level bikes..

As for quality, all of them have good points and bad, but if your going to do it right I'd go for either of the top two chassis, or modify the NF or TT..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2007, 01:27 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Out of interest I was looking for carbon fibre sheet before xmas and kellets had two sizes in stock and I would suspect that is where most of the hobby shops get it from, this is what I was quoted :

We have in stock blue carbon sheet.
300 x 150 x 3mm $45.00
600 x 500 x 3mm $200.00

Cheers
Simon

Btw : The body is finished and I hope to post pics tommorrow or the day after....have to get the bike and camera in the same place for photos
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 05, 2007, 02:56 AM
1/5th scale bike racer
Wigan, England
Joined Nov 2004
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR11 pete
anybody deal with dinball on ebay?
Yeah,
He's pretty reliable. Had a few kits off him and a 3vcs last week. All ok.

Col.
macca is offline Find More Posts by macca
Old Feb 05, 2007, 03:06 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I just looked and the results from the meet on the 21st are finally up at the Goldcoast club site if anyone is interested.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 05, 2007, 07:46 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Hey Collin, fancy seeing you over here..! lol I guess it's the cheapest way to visit Oz.., just post here.. I hope to make it over to Italy this year and see you all again, but wont know untill a month or two before hand if I can or not..

Simon, thanks, I'll go take a look.. I forgot about that.. Has anyone nominated for this weekend yet.??? I think I'll do it today so they do'nt get all pooppy about no one using it, etc..

Shaun

Oh,.. here's the link to the times.. http://www.gcmr.org.au/results.asp
Last edited by scaulfi; Feb 05, 2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 08:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I must be blind, I went to nominate last night and just now but I don't see Goldie there.

Also, whats the club joining process. Do you just fill out the form we grabbed last time and bring the money on the weekend?
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Feb 05, 2007, 08:07 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Yeah, just bring the form and mulla and that's it.. Then the next time you/we go there we get a laminated card with our reg.numbers and names etc. on it..

I have'nt nominated yet either, but if we can't do it online we can just go to their thread on the RCTech forum and just let them know we're coming...

Shaun

Also,.. I was just looking at the GCMR sites Links page http://www.gcmr.org.au/links.asp and they've put the link for here and the moto5 forum.. The only thing is they got the link to here wrong and it takes you to the RCTech GC'off road thread instead.. I'll let them know..
Last edited by scaulfi; Feb 05, 2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 09:47 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Hey all finally got myself lined up with a ss5800 set up, picked it up from ebay, it says it has the sintered rotor also in the add but i couldnt see it in the photos on the add, so i sent the sell a question to double check.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....0%3D%26fvi%3D1
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Feb 06, 2007, 03:06 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
anybody want a fm1e, found on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Thunder-Tiger...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Feb 06, 2007, 06:54 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Hey all finally got myself lined up with a ss5800 set up, picked it up from ebay, it says it has the sintered rotor also in the add but i couldnt see it in the photos on the add, so i sent the sell a question to double check.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....0%3D%26fvi%3D1
Not bad, the price that is.. That'll keep you happy for a while,.. well, untill you get used to it, then you'll want to go lipo..

If I had the cash I'd snap up that fm1e in a sec.., cause soon you wont see them around as much,.. and then they'll go up in price eventualy.. Anyway, for the price that one is, it's a steal..!

(It would be a good bike to have setup when we're at the track for anyone to try out etc..)

Shaun
Old Feb 06, 2007, 09:07 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
Today i also ordered a 16 tooth pinion, will it need this?
I also got some alloy body mounts on order and a alloy shock bottom, now the shock bottom needs to be tapped out does it not, to suit the revo shock, think i remember reading it.
I think next is goin to be tyres from twowheels, was thiinkin grp medium/f, soft/r, is this what you guys run?

I got the email reply on the motor it, definately has the sintered rotor in it
Old Feb 06, 2007, 10:05 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Today i also ordered a 16 tooth pinion, will it need this?
I also got some alloy body mounts on order and a alloy shock bottom, now the shock bottom needs to be tapped out does it not, to suit the revo shock, think i remember reading it.
I think next is goin to be tyres from twowheels, was thiinkin grp medium/f, soft/r, is this what you guys run?

I got the email reply on the motor it, definately has the sintered rotor in it
Sounds like a good deal on the novak brushless system with sintered rotor, you should be happy with it for a while

Because its so damn hot in Oz, the soft tyres get torn up very quickly, specially the rear. I would go Medium rear and soft or medium front. Just my opinion though
Old Feb 06, 2007, 10:19 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
only problem is that grp dont do a medium rear, what are you guys using?
Old Feb 06, 2007, 11:00 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I think mine is a 45 shore?? But I think thats the older tyres. Looking at their site it looks like there is a soft or xtra soft option right? If so I would go for the harder one (soft)

Ben
Old Feb 06, 2007, 11:15 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
thanks Ben, i was going to go with medium on the front but do you think it would need soft as well