HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:27 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
LOL....The designer really nailed it with that bike

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:15 AM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
949 Posts
Oh enough, I cant stand it any more!!!!!
Although, I bet it's heavy, so that will "SAP" some horsepower!!!!
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Oh great, I have created a monster...

Anyway, I wonder if the guy who made that bike "branched" out into car design.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:58 AM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Oh great, I have created a monster...

Anyway, I wonder if the guy who made that bike "branched" out into car design.
Possibly, but I wonder what the "Lumber" support would be like...

I think the "monster" is clearly shown in the picture!!!!!!!
Note the adjustable ride height for the front wheel .
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Feb 01, 2007, 02:26 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
excellent work.. I tried for a good 10 minutes to come up with some wood related comments but.. I got 'nuthin

On an unrelated topic, I've been tinkering with the HOR for the last couple of evenings and i've got the speed300 motor in it, i'll try and get it out for a bit of practice on the weekend and see how she goes.

Havent heard from Kellets yet about the forks (and other stuff), I'm due to give them another call today, hopefully their TT order is in by now and they are only days away.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Feb 01, 2007, 04:09 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM

Havent heard from Kellets yet about the forks (and other stuff), I'm due to give them another call today, hopefully their TT order is in by now and they are only days away.
Thanks Troy, did you get my email? I haven't received one from you so I don't know where to send the money. Or maybe you prefer cash. Let me know what you wanna do.

Cheers
Ben
Old Feb 01, 2007, 06:16 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi Ben, I got your mail I just wanted to be sure they were on the way before taking your money
EFT is fine for me, i'll send you the details when I get home this eve (at work..).
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:16 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2007
35 Posts
WOW Just gotta have one

hi Folks,
I'm looking for any info on nitro bikes in Sydney. Especially aftersale parts back-up.i dont want to buy an "off the shelf" job, only to replace all the plastic parts .. id rather do it right the first time .... any advice would be great
URnew2me2 is offline Find More Posts by URnew2me2
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:25 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
I like the 'Trojon horse' pic you found Ben,.. so you think we should 'branch' out and make some..? lol Or 'wood' you think we'd be 'stumped' on where to start.. Maybe we could put our 'nuts' together and 'plant' an idea for 'harvesting' one..?! I like the triple 'trees' on it too... lol

Ahh!, had to get that out of the way.. I've been back at work again , taking up all my time as usual.. Been pumping out somemore paint jobs too..

Troy, is it cool to just give you the cash when we see each other next?,.. I still owe you some dosh too..

So, what's the big plan for this weekend, anything..? Anyone want to hook up for a sesh somewhere..??

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:33 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Hello URnew2me2, welcome to the best RC hobby

Kellets are great for parts, even we qld'ers order parts from them. Personally I would start with a RTR bike as they are the best to learn with, then add upgrades as you learn/break things. I started with a TTe duc and went from there and I would do it that way again. One problem with starting with a Pro/Racing setup is the availability in Australia. You would in most cases need to buy these from overseas, which really isn't a problem, but add costs/time to the process. This also makes getting parts a little difficult.

There are a couple of ppl on this forum down your way, I would try to get in contact with them and see how they run first. Then make up your mind on what you want to start with from there.

Ben
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:37 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
I like the 'Trojon horse' pic you found Ben,.. so you think we should 'branch' out and make some..? lol Or 'wood' you think we'd be 'stumped' on where to start.. Maybe we could put our 'nuts' together and 'plant' an idea for 'harvesting' one..?! I like the triple 'trees' on it too... lol
Shaun
aarrggg! Stop, Stop, STOP the pain

Now that that's out of my system, Im building a PC for my parents and a few other things too so im out this weekend. Im kinda pissed to because I've got a few shock setups I wanted to try out. Anyway, brownie points with the family is worth almost as much as RC bike fun.

Ben
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:38 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by URnew2me2
hi Folks,
I'm looking for any info on nitro bikes in Sydney. Especially aftersale parts back-up.i dont want to buy an "off the shelf" job, only to replace all the plastic parts .. id rather do it right the first time .... any advice would be great
Hey, welcome to the forum.. Well, if your lucky, you can see if Jade from RxionHobbies has still got his site going.. He's in Melb. and he has some race ready NF's on his site, plus the TTn and spare parts etc.. Also, KellettsHobbies in Syd. have mostly all the parts for the TT's etc... Over seas you have 2WheelHobbies has practicly everything to keep you running and all the hopups from Tornado and other aftermarket companies... There's lots of other online shops, but these will get you going..

So have you seen anyone in Syd. running these bikes yet..? There's a few guys from Syd. that hang here in the forums alot...

Great to see another local Btw..

Shaun
Old Feb 01, 2007, 08:59 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
aarrggg! Stop, Stop, STOP the pain

Now that that's out of my system, Im building a PC for my parents and a few other things too so im out this weekend. Im kinda pissed to because I've got a few shock setups I wanted to try out. Anyway, brownie points with the family is worth almost as much as RC bike fun.

Ben
Ha Ha,.. ok ok,.. but you think the owner of the bike's name was 'splinter'.. Alright, that's it.. lol (I did'nt get the chance to coment on it when you posted it, sorry)..

That's cool.. Yes, brownie points are a good thing.. It'll probably rain all weekend though, just as the weekend comes... If it clears I'll probably hit Wynnum Sat or Sun., I've got some things to test out too.. But looking forward to our next meet though.. All my little gremlins from last weekend at Brendale are fixed now, hopefully!...

Shaun
Old Feb 02, 2007, 12:02 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ha Ha,.. ok ok,.. but you think the owner of the bike's name was 'splinter'.. Alright, that's it.. lol (I did'nt get the chance to coment on it when you posted it, sorry)..

That's cool.. Yes, brownie points are a good thing.. It'll probably rain all weekend though, just as the weekend comes... If it clears I'll probably hit Wynnum Sat or Sun., I've got some things to test out too.. But looking forward to our next meet though.. All my little gremlins from last weekend at Brendale are fixed now, hopefully!...

Shaun
Maby we should just "leave" the whole wooden bike thing alone

I wont get a chance to run this weekend either.....which is a bummer because I am really hanging out, the 11th cant get here soon enough!! On the up side I have my new body and rider trimmed and mounted and will be attempting a paint job on the weekend, and I got that spektrum so I have to install that as well.

URnew2me2 : If you have your heart set on getting a better bike than the RTR's then another place where you could pick something up is this forum, I got one recently from the US and it worked out good value and had plenty of hopups already fitted.

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Feb 02, 2007, 01:16 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Shaun, thats no prob, anytime is good for me.
I spoke to Kellets today and they havent got the TT order in yet, they hope early next week, i'm kinda hoping that myself. I'll keep you all up to date.

I dont think I can commit to much this weekend either, I'm hoping to get a run but it will be in between other tasks, we've both been pretty busy the last couple of weekends. Looking forward to the 11th!

Brendale was great, we're going to have to organise another run there soon. Once I learn to stop running over the grass and falling into holes i'll be good to go, I didnt fully appreciate some of the nicer points of Gilston in that regard, it's much easier to pick yourself up after a stack when you can still move

Simon, are you going to bring the NF next race day ?. I'm keen to check it out.