HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 04:44 PM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpete1
Hi i cant get scaulfi link to work, i can even get his web page up , i wonder if i have my computer set up wrong? Can anyone help this kiwi (who has better rugby skills than computer skills!!)?
Cheers Pete.

http://www.scaulfi.rchomepage.com/

if the link does not work just type it into the web browser , oh and dont tell anyone that i helped a kiwi will ya
cheers
mark
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2005, 05:21 PM
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco070
http://www.scaulfi.rchomepage.com/

if the link does not work just type it into the web browser , oh and dont tell anyone that i helped a kiwi will ya
cheers
mark

Ok i wont tell anyone that YOU HELPED A KIWI !!!! ha ha
Thanks Mark.
p.s its still not working.

Cherrs Pete.
blackpete1 is offline Find More Posts by blackpete1
Old Apr 16, 2005, 05:26 PM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpete1
Ok i wont tell anyone that YOU HELPED A KIWI !!!! ha ha
Thanks Mark.
p.s its still not working.

Cherrs Pete.

pete , i'd say you have firewall probelms not allowing the site , you could try going to the setup of whatever firewall your running and add the web page adress to it

mark
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:56 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern monkey
nice vids shaun.....

carl....
Thanks Carl, glad you like..! BTW, Carl,.. do you have any track footage of your bike with your BL/ESC setup in it, showing it's speed etc..? I can't remember what you have running in yours, I know it's a fast setup too..!

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 16, 2005, 08:21 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco070
geez shaun , your a bit harsh on my gear arent ya

mark
Mark, everytime the thing wipes out into a big high side I think of you ,.. and I can't help but think 'if I brake this thing, Mark will kill me!' lol I'm trying my best not to reck it ,.. but on that note, I have some footage too that I have'nt uploaded yet of me comming out of the back corner onto the back straight at full throttle and smacked straight into the back of a nitro car that was sitting in the middle of the track!!!,.. I was to busy paying attention the nitro car behind me that was chasing me, before I knew it it was to late..! The bike and the car were fine, it looked worse than it was.. I'll upload it soon...

BTW,.. when will we beable to catch you for a run next?,.. have you got ant time off next Saturday?,.. cause I'm thinking of seeing if we can get a day for the bikes at Brendale when their not racing...?

Shaun
Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:33 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
Shaun, the bike rips!!!!!!!! Nice going sideways at every chance. But also shows a well setup bike that saves itself! Very good!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:17 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Thanks Carl, glad you like..! BTW, Carl,.. do you have any track footage of your bike with your BL/ESC setup in it, showing it's speed etc..? I can't remember what you have running in yours, I know it's a fast setup too..!

Shaun
keep the vids coming mate.... you are in luck i dropped down to a local track yesterday for an hour.... its a private track and we have to sneak on but what the hell.... apart from a couple of lame attempts this is the first time really on a track... i'm running the u-force/plettenberg extreme combo with stock gearing. i've got some different gearing options in the post. i also set the timing down to medium till i get used to the circuit.....

http://www.rcpics.net/img/54467

carl...
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:39 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
That's some pretty good driving there Carl! I don't know why you don't race with us at Skippy, you'd definately be in the top five if you can keep those laps consistent.
Actually it seems quite nice going anticlockwise, I bet you did that so we can't compare lap times, eh?
Lets see you soon

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:45 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
Actually it seems quite nice going anticlockwise, I bet you did that so we can't compare lap times, eh?
Lets see you soon

John
thanks john. theres no catching you out is there mate.... a few more sneaky laps at wombwell and skipton here i come.... just out of interest john how many battery packs do you guys carry for a session at skipton.....?

carl..
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:56 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Well I might be the odd one out here, I take 16 x 2400 nicad packs and 3 x 3300nimhs (for me and Jonathan, practice and Ricky), I charge most up on saturday and leave the best till last on sunday. But it depends on how much practice / setup you need between rounds. I won't re-charge a pack in the same day unless I have to, but it can be done.

John
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:01 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
Well I might be the odd one out here, I take 16 x 2400 nicad packs and 3 x 3300nimhs .

John

carl....
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Very cool, Carl..! Pretty groovie sound track too.. I like the long section of that track, looks like you can get up some speed round there!..

What I'm really impressed by is how you got so much footage and the file was only 13mb's big..!? With mine, it's only one lap and it's allready 13mb's long!.. I have the Image editor that came with the Sony cam..!?!?!? I don't know how to get them any smaller and still get good quality..?

Thanks Carl..

BTW,.. I put that vid up of the crash!.. Like I said, it looks worse than it was..

Shaun
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:11 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Haha! looks like you were too busy wastching your bike going sideways to notice the car! nice vids Shaun. Make em in wmv and you'll get a good footage per file size.

John
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:12 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
lol.... nice crash.... shaun i use video studio... http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm and save my video files as wmv's they are a lot smaller than mpeg's.... and the soundtrack is probably 5meg. so knock the sound of and you can get a pretty long vid for 10-15meg... personally i like laying a bit of funk down....

carl...

edit... bet me to it john....
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:18 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Thanks guys,.. I'll go check it out now and if it works, then I should have something a bit better for y'all to watch..!

Shaun