SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:52 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
That sounds good, i'll have to check with the boss but i'd be up for a brendale run if its available

Great day on Sunday, I got burnt (again), i'm going to have to get one of those funky hats SImon has
I think i've finally got my bike setup to the point where I can experiment with the cornering technique more and take more speed through the turns, there were a couple of times when I was halfway through a corner thinking I could easily be doing twice the speed without any problems.
I'm planning on playing with my crashbar locations too, I dont think they are doing me many favours at the moment, it tries to wash out the front too easily/early, it's controllable with input adjustments but it seems my bike is the only one that does it to that degree.. I think i've got more lean angle and maybe even better overall positioning in the frame to play with.

Thanks (again) for helping me out with those spare forks Shaun, I'll be putting in an order for some TTN ones as replacments this week (prob wednesday) so if anyone needs anything from kellets let me know and we'll combine an order.

Simon, have you worn out that scooter you scored yet ?
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:30 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Troy my hat makes a statement....it says I have no shame. Hope no one calls the fashion police

I posted on rctech and have found the owner of the scooter so I am going to have to give it back, bound to save me some broken bones

Speaking of bike setup I had a little play with mine in the afternoon and was trying to figure out why it was wobbly at low speed and not leaning over very smoothly, turns out my steering trim was not centered correctly. At speed the rake would make it track straight but as I slowed down the self centering of the rake would loose it's effect and make the bike pull to one side and also steer more one way that the other. Once set right the difference was huge. Now I know to set my steering trim at lower speeds

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Im bored at work so I Google Earthed Brendale. You can see the dirt track next ot it.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:03 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Thanks (again) for helping me out with those spare forks Shaun, I'll be putting in an order for some TTN ones as replacments this week (prob wednesday) so if anyone needs anything from kellets let me know and we'll combine an order.
Troy, no worries.. Anything to keep that bike of your rolling.. On the subject of ordering, and if I'm not too late.. Could you see if you came get a stock TT 14Tpinion, and the TT 16T pinion while your at it..? The 14T pinion is for you and the 16T is for me.. To get some top end down that back straight at Gilly.. Thanks!..

Ben, that's the BMX track.. They get too if they catch buggies on there,.. not like the BMX track at Wynuum though...

BTW,.. I've sent Doug (Club Pres.) an Email about us having some practice at Brendale this long weekend, he hasn't replied yet but it shouldn't be to long.. I also sent off 5 pages of words to Peter (Gilston club Pres.) today to send off to the editors of the Racing Lines mag.. I plugged just about everything to do with this hobby.. Hopefully they don't hack it up to much when it goes to print..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:26 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben, that's the BMX track.. They get too if they catch buggies on there,.. not like the BMX track at Wynuum though...

Shaun
Heh, assumed it was a dirt track cause when ever I went there buggies where tearing it up.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Here's the view of Brendale again but I've maked out all the gradiants around the track so you get an idea.. That pic is pretty old too,.. it's drier than that around there now lol, and the track has a new section added to it, in yellow.. It also has a dug-out pit lane too.. Your chest hight to the bike when it's on the pit lane..

Sorry the type is so small.. but the far left has a gradiant of about, up hill 500mm, back down 400mm, Flat back straight, then into the big hair pin far right, down 800mm, back up 800mm, then Flat again, in the middle it goes down 300mm to the Flat on the front straight,.. then around again.. Hope that made sence..?

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Jan 23, 2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 06:48 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
I like the idea of a track with a bit of elevation change, is it enough for the bikes to react to it??

Also I got the NF in the mail today, very cool

Simon
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:53 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
I like the idea of a track with a bit of elevation change, is it enough for the bikes to react to it??

Also I got the NF in the mail today, very cool

Simon
You really notice it when you come off the back straight into the hairpin, then head back up the hill again.. Also coming off the front straight going thru the twisty bit to get onto the back straight again.. You don't feel it so much though in the middle of the track... The fun part is the main hairpin...

Shaun
Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:40 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Well, I got a responce from Brendale.. Let me know what you guys want to do, I fine with it.. All day Saturday looks to be the best..

Shaun,
Non members can buy a one day membership for $10.00, available from Trackside
RC, next door to track.
You can practice on days we aren't racing, or up to 2 hour before on days we
are, like this Friday we start racing at 7.00pm, the track will close to all non
entered Scales at 5.00pm.
This Saturday we're not racing and 1/5th Scale race on Sunday.
Our race dates are on our web site, click on Calendar.

Shaun
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:29 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Well, I would love to go out to Brendale with you guys on Saturday.
But, I'll be working untill 1pm.
Depending on how long you guys are planning on being there, I could shoot up afterwards for some laps.

Lenny.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
this Friday we start racing at 7.00pm, the track will close to all non entered Scales at 5.00pm.
Shaun
I might be able to make Saturday if can shuffle some stuff around, though I wonder if they would add a bike class to racing this friday and then we could do some night racing

I thought I saw in a forum and they we struggling for numbers at one of their meets so that may work in our favor?? Could always give trackside a call and see what they say.

Simon
Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
I can make it Friday or Saturday or both
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I could make saturday but probably not for very long. I'm keen to run the track though, it looks/sounds great.

Ben, are you up for anything from Kellets ?. I hope to get that order in today.

Anyone else ?
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:10 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Simon, I did think of that, but not sure if you guys would have been interested or keen on racing there without any notice or practice etc...

Well, let me know what y'all are thinking and I'll find out..? Cause I'm keen if you guys are..!

JohnH has started asking for nominations for Friday night racing over on the RCTech forum....

Shaun
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:13 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Btw,.. we'll probably need 4 guys to hold a class of bikes though...