HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2007, 03:53 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
I got everyones names/nicknames sent out late last night for the fun day tomorrow, even if someone is'nt on the list I'm sure they'll let you enter on the day..

Anyway,.. It's Ben (Shorty), Troy (no nickname yet), Lenny (Carisma), and Me (not telling you)

If it's anything goes tomorrow, I think I might run the nitro bike...

See y'all tomorrow...

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2007, 05:58 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Hey, had a great day today,.. maybe not the racing it self but the amount of interest in racing bikes from everybody.. Before to long, we'll have a full grid of bikes out there.. Nitro is building up fast too, seems like there's more nitro TTn's out there than I thought..

Anyway, looks like it's full steam ahead for bikes in 2007.... and I'm lovin it..

Shaun
Old Jan 07, 2007, 03:51 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Hey, had a great day today,.. maybe not the racing it self but the amount of interest in racing bikes from everybody.. Before to long, we'll have a full grid of bikes out there.. Nitro is building up fast too, seems like there's more nitro TTn's out there than I thought..

Anyway, looks like it's full steam ahead for bikes in 2007.... and I'm lovin it..

Shaun
It's a bummer I missed it, I am still putting my bike together but am super keen to get back to the track....2007 will be an awsome bike year

So how did the racing go, what was it like running the track reversed and did you guys get to run the big track???

Cheers
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Jan 07, 2007, 04:43 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
It's a bummer I missed it, I am still putting my bike together but am super keen to get back to the track....2007 will be an awsome bike year

So how did the racing go, what was it like running the track reversed and did you guys get to run the big track???

Cheers
Simon
Hi Simon,.. yeah, the racing was... ok, not all the guys finished races, but it was only a fun day.. I don't know why they had 2 laps oneway and 2 laps in the other and so on, in one heat, it got cofusing for alot of people and took the fun out of it.. The last to heats of ours were changed so we could do the full track in reverse in the 3rd heat for 5mins and anti clockwise in the final... (That's the way they should have had it,... reversing the direction in each heat and letting us race for 5mins... )

Reguardless of all that anyway, it was a good fun day I guess.. Anything with the bikes, is a good fun day..! (We ran the big track in evey heat.. I think they'll keep it that way for us from now on.. I was asked if it was better for us to do the full track, I said yes.. ) In the last heat it was only me left standing out of the bike guys, so I jumped into the final heat with the modified tourers with the lipo bike.. Lenny got some footage of that heat too, he got me doing a wheelie for about 10mtrs going down the back straight, there where other wheelies too but that one was the longest... Also, after racing, I introduced my nitro bike to the new fence down the back straight, they know each other now... lol

We missed you yesterday Simon, don't do that to us again..! lol JK'n!..

Shaun
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:47 PM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Shaun it sounded like fun and I wish I was there......Ben, Troy and Lenny how about you guys and how are your bikes going???

I know about that back fence all to well, is it finished now and does it still have bits that can catch or damage bikes???

Thats great if we can run the full track, let the bikes stretch their legs and I think we will have some cool battles into the sweeper and following hairpin at the end of the straight

Don't worry I will be there for the next one

Simon
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yer, the new fence is nicely setup to grab your bike and tear it apart. There are gaps (about an inch) between the palings that things like crash bars etc get caught in. I guess it's more incentive to drive accurately i suppose

I didn't fair to well yesterday, rear shock kept failing on me and I ended up completing only one race. Im thinking about adding a swingarm limiter similar to mollycbr123's

Lenny did well for his first meet, a few bike issue kept him out of some of the races also, but then the video camera was in his hands the rest of the time.

Troy was also suffering with bike issues (steering i think but might be wrong).

I was hoping to put on a good show for everyone, but the bikes generated a lot of interest anyway so it was still a good day. Shauns wheelie monster definitely got the crowd going, that thing is fast!!

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jan 07, 2007, 10:07 PM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
949 Posts
Sounds like you lot had a good time, even though there were some mechanical and "fence" issues.

Well, I "bit the bullet" and bought a TTn!!!
I still think I am going to go the Brushless path with it later (I love the punch out of the corners), and from what I have read here, it is better to get the TTn to start with anyway.

I will get a better rear shock and better tires from 2wheelhobbies, and I have also been in contact with Pat for front brakes. I think that will do for now, and I'll upgrade other things later. Is there any immediate things I should do before I fire it up???

Also, just out of interest, is there somewhere I can read the rules of the classes running in the UK etc. Would be interesting to see what they are allowed to do to the machines...
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Jan 07, 2007, 10:17 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Yep, steering issues being that my nice new fairing was fouling the front wheel when it went past a certain point and it wouldnt re-center

Shaun gave me some tips to both raise the front end and extend and lock the rake to give it some more clearance. The practice run I had earlier in the week never had the issue, I cleared the fairing easily but I think both the rake and the front fairing moved a bit while running (crashing

I only stayed for the first two races due to commitments later in the day but had great fun and got fairly sunburnt (again.. have to remember the sunscreen!!).

Apart from the steering issue I am pretty happy with how the bike is at the moment. My rear suspension still needs softening, it's waay over-damped but apart from that it's handling and running pretty well.

Running the track in reverse wasnt as difficult as I expected it to be, there were some sections that actually felt really good. I think I still prefer the normal way 'round but it was good for a change. As others have already mentioned the format for the day was a bit odd but it was a good turnout and a 'fun day' .

Oh, If anyones interested I saw a brand new Royal Kwaka on ebay, never seen one in the box before and it seems to be a pretty good price (so far)..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....2899&rd=1&rd=1
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jan 08, 2007, 02:03 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like it was a good day to get the bugs out before the first meeting.....I would have liked to do the same.

Bummer about that back fence, I can see that fence costing me some money in broken bike bits

I don't know if anyone remebers but last time I ran my bike was tipping in really hard one way and crappy the other. Well pulling the bike down to set up the other and it seems my rear wheel had moved and was not straight Now I know something else to check after a big crash.

Pitts : Go right over the bike and locktight everything again, adjust chain, check front forks for free action, if you are running the standard rear shock it will need oil and a new bladder most likely. I also broke a oneway bearing in the starter after oil ran back down into the engine overnight (have been told hanging the bike by the front wheel when storing stops this). There was a whole thread on this and it is a good read to stop too many of those first run blues putting you off.

Cheers
Simon
Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:32 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
what is a royal kwaka, is royal a know brand? just curious.
NR11 pete is offline Find More Posts by NR11 pete
Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:41 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hi NR11 pete,

Yep Royal is the brand, Kwaka = kawasaki. It's kind of an older more toy grade RC Bike, still 1/5 and they look pretty scale but they're made of mostly plastic. Most of the ones i've seen have been Honda VFRs.

If you do a search of this forum they're mentioned a fair bit, a couple of people have done some mod work improving them also.

Cheers
Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:43 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Guys, the bikes got heaps of coverage over at rctech:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...07#post2919907

Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:45 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
ahh thanks for that, just never heard of them before. have you seen the HOR on ebay, i want it!
Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:51 PM
pete05
sydney australia
Joined Apr 2006
264 Posts
how would this go in a tte, what sort of speed from it?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NOVAK-BRUSHLE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jan 09, 2007, 03:53 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Yeah I have one, I got the RGV, theres some pics of it around here somewhere..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...07#post2919907

I havent run it very much, I got my 1/5 scale not long after finishing building it and that kind of took over.
After seeing Lennys NSR HOR on the weekend it made me keen to run it so i'll get it out again soon

For the price, you cant go wrong, they are a good bike and look great when running. I thought it would be hard to get parts for them initially but turns out they are pretty available.

Again you'll find heaps of info about them on here