HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2004, 03:04 AM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Hi Danke,

I think as far as Sydney goes, the Liverpool track would probably be the most likely contender for staged 1/5 bike racing. It's a dedicated track and hosted the Worlds 1/8th Car Championships a couple of years ago.

For the informal racing or secret testing, there's always car parks.

I found a very large unniversity campus parking lot void of any obstacles thats perfect for practising, only 30min away. Very smooth tarmac, and very clean, plus bonus grassed run-off areas on 3 sides, the other is a brick wall!

Pat
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2004, 06:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1967
For the informal racing or secret testing, there's always car parks.
Mumble mumble ... I'm used to do regular racing with lap timing ... I have also my personal transponder ... I'm looking for a fully equipped racing track for 1/10 cars (also good for HOR) and a track for TT (1/5 cars or 1/8 cars).

I hope and guess that these type of permanent racing track for RC should be present around Sydney ...

Instead of go in a car park for bash around ... I normaly prefer to some acrobatics with RC airplanes ...

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Dec 09, 2004, 10:03 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Do you have a particular reason for moving to Sydney..? Cause, up here in Brisbane, you have about 3 outdoor 1/10 tracks, (one of them is a 1/5 scale track, and the best track for 1/5 bikes! ),.. and then there's 2 indoor tracks, (one of them has an outdoor offroad track and the other is on carpet),.. and all within 30 - 60mins from each other..! The fun never stops up here in Brizzy!..

Hope you make it over here anyway, you'll be helping out the RC biker population..!!!

Shaun
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 09, 2004, 07:46 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
39 Posts
e_lm_70

Sydney have a few tracks nearly all of them are either car park or small electric tracks around. The only track big enough for 1/5th cars is Moorebank and that is where I would like to run the 1/5th bikes. The track is to big for the HOR. Have a look at www.nswrcrcc.org you should be able to see some photos of the track and the size.

I think the grass may be our biggest hurdle as the track does not appear that wide when you are on it.

There are other tracks that they race 1/5th at but they are all interstate and are 1000kms or about 10 hours drive to get to. Got to love this big country.

Cheers

Rolf
hassro is offline Find More Posts by hassro
Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:51 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
Anyone from Oz will most definitely want to race with this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

How it came to the hands of this Australian seller we'll never know!
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Dec 16, 2004, 05:17 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
Anyone from Oz will most definitely want to race with this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

How it came to the hands of this Australian seller we'll never know!
Ian,.. Nice find! Funny thing too,.. that track is only 1hr away from my place..!!! The track is called, 'Australia's Raceway', the place is Willowbank, and further up the road is one of Australias best Drag strips 'Willowbank International Raceway, and smack-bang in the middle is a perfect size Go-Cart track!..

I'd rather buy a house for the price of that bike though,.. Just a bit expencive!..... lol

Shaun
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:07 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Well,.. I think it's time to bring this thread back to the surface again..!

Things are starting to look good here in Brizzy for bikes, it seems every time I go and run the bikes people are becoming alot more interested in these little machines..!

Anyway, we (Macka and I) had a cool day at a local 1/10 scale track at Wynnum , we also meet Ben (Nexzzt) there to show him these bikes potential out on a track, and I think Ben was pretty impressed..!? But while we were running the bikes some other guys pulled up to see them too with possitive impressions of them and seeing how well they handle etc..!

lol We were so productive today we even got some video of some laps around the place..! The videos are on my homepage in the video section called, 'HackerWynnum2' and 'MackaWynTT' .. Hope y'all enjoy!,.. (Macka has only been running these bikes for about 4weeks now!, pretty good for such a short amount of time! And thanks Macka for filming today too)..

BTW, my bike has Marko070's Hacker 8T and UForce75 ESC combo in it at the moment, it gives you a good idea of the speed it puts out,.. I'm also using 15T/70T 32P main drive gear and 9T/25T sprockets,.. all C/F frame/Pats forks/PMT-R30 GRP-F25... also, it's hard to really get this Hacker B/L upto speed at Wynnum, 'it is a 1/10 scale track', but I hope to try the Hacker at Brendale soon and get some footage of it flying around there,.. it's a fast setup..!!!

Oh!,.. and hopefully with just a few more guys we could actually start a race meet for 1/5th's..!

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Apr 16, 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:55 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,133 Posts
Nice, Shaun!
It's about time we saw some more track action from Aussieland. It is a bit small, not easy to get around with those sharp hairpins, but looks good anyway.

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:58 AM
Stuttgart
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
Nice vids Shaun. Looks like you were getting it sideways off that last turn!! Did you guys get any side by side action or did you have to hold the camera for each other? Oh yeah, nice seat belt for the rider!!
Keep'em coming buddy!
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:12 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
Nice, Shaun!
It's about time we saw some more track action from Aussieland. It is a bit small, not easy to get around with those sharp hairpins, but looks good anyway.

John
Thanks, John,
It's the only track out of 4 that's not racing on Saturdays, everywhere else is racing, but next weekend Brendale has Saturdays off!.. So we should have better footage then..! (can't wait)

Shaun
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:21 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou
Nice vids Shaun. Looks like you were getting it sideways off that last turn!! Did you guys get any side by side action or did you have to hold the camera for each other? Oh yeah, nice seat belt for the rider!!
Keep'em coming buddy!
Tom
Thanks Tom,..
Later this week I'll put up another vid with heeps of sideways stuff, even some footage of my bike getting air off a bump into a drifting slide at a carpark just near here.., they look awesome..!

You like my seatbelt mod.?, there's one around his neck too and it's connected to the body pin to keep his head down... I thought of fixing him to the seat, but I like to use him on the other bikes too..

Shaun

BTW,.. the bike was getting pretty sideways, just the angle of the camera does'nt show it very well.. I like to get the bikes drifting in and out of the corners most of the time. I find it helps you set up for the corner and also helps to wash off speed on the approch, then on the gas and get it hanging out sideways..!
Last edited by scaulfi; Apr 16, 2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Add on..
Old Apr 16, 2005, 02:09 PM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
nice vids shaun.....

carl....
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
Old Apr 16, 2005, 02:33 PM
Stuttgart
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
Again, nice vids Shaun! I liked all 4 and can't wait to see more! I'll be in the states for the next few days and I plan to check out the LHS' to see if there is any interest in RC bikes. Wish i could take the bike with me, but can't do it on this trip.
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Apr 16, 2005, 03:57 PM
Belmont , Brisbane .
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
BTW, my bike has Marko070's Hacker 8T and UForce75 ESC combo in it at the moment, it gives you a good idea of the speed it puts out,..
Oh!,.. and hopefully with just a few more guys we could actually start a race meet for 1/5th's..!

Shaun[/QUOTE]

geez shaun , your a bit harsh on my gear arent ya

i can see how tight it is with the hacker at wynumm , that was nothing compared to the speed outside your house the other day " and the triple endo's you did lol "

should have got a video of that

mark
marco070 is offline Find More Posts by marco070
Old Apr 16, 2005, 04:40 PM
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
Hi i cant get scaulfi link to work, i can even get his web page up , i wonder if i have my computer set up wrong? Can anyone help this kiwi (who has better rugby skills than computer skills!!)?
Cheers Pete.
blackpete1 is online now Find More Posts by blackpete1