HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
Registered User
Gecko Hunter's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
431 Posts
Hi Steliosh,

I don't use a front brake so no fear of that lol!
It was a seriously big hit though and has just left me very impressed with the strength of the SB5.

If it had been a car it would have wrecked the front end.

Cheers

Scott
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
What time are you guys heading down on Thursday? I might be able to make it depending on work. I'll come down so Bruce can get some marshalling practice in haha... only joking mate.

I'll be down there on Saturday morning until about 11.
Rob, I'll probably turn up about 10am and hang around most of the day.

Im thinking of heading out there on Sat but I have to work in the afternoon.. If you dont see me there tell them, my intentions were good..
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:44 AM
Registered User
Gecko Hunter's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
431 Posts
I won't be there we have an open house day for potential buyers.
Pass on my regards.
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,235 Posts
Guys, I am looking for 1 more (internatinoal) person to join in on our Google+ Hangout Show on "RCthis". . If you are interested in participating and talking about our RC bike hobby from an Austrialian point of view both RACING and Running with friends, from there in Austrialia then please PM me with your interest.

You will receive an email about what we all will be covering and also how to setup your Google+ "Hangout" 1/3 bottom information bar showing who you are and where you are located and any club or association you are in.

Please see the show details in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736440

Kevin
RCMCC
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Last edited by Kev71H; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:02 AM
100% _Maybe
Rob1o1's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Guys, I am looking for 1 more (internatinoal) person to join in on our Google+ Hangout Show on "RCthis". . If you are interested in participating and talking about our RC bike hobby from an Austrialian point of view both RACING and Running with friends, from there in Austrialia then please PM me with your interest.

You will receive an email about what we all will be covering and also how to setup your Google+ "Hangout" 1/3 bottom information bar showing who you are and where you are located and any club or association you are in.

Please see the show details in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736440

Kevin
RCMCC
Hey Kev,

Def. not enough experience here. but I'll be wathcing them. good work.
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:03 AM
100% _Maybe
Rob1o1's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
265 Posts
Weekend Bikes

Hey guys, where are we getting our fix this weekend??
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
Hey Kev,

Def. not enough experience here. but I'll be wathcing them. good work.
If anyone would like to talk about our RC bike passion. Please get with me or suggest some for me to ask?? Talent abounds here with you guys! Please.
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:43 AM
Registered User
Gecko Hunter's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
431 Posts
Hey Rob,

We are looking at hitting Brendale on Monday.
I think the Big weekend meet will be finish and Monday is only slotted in if it rains on the weekend.

Also at this stage I don't think I will be able to make any more race meets as the move to Canberra has been brought forward due to us selling our house.

Hopefully I can hook up again for a run before we go if we miss out on Monday.

Cheers

Scott
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:04 AM
100% _Maybe
Rob1o1's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Hunter View Post
Hey Rob,

We are looking at hitting Brendale on Monday.
I think the Big weekend meet will be finish and Monday is only slotted in if it rains on the weekend.

Also at this stage I don't think I will be able to make any more race meets as the move to Canberra has been brought forward due to us selling our house.

Hopefully I can hook up again for a run before we go if we miss out on Monday.

Cheers

Scott
Dude, wow. Well, that is good that the house sold and you can go, but... bummer! Who is going to bring coffee and biscuts to the Friday night races??? I will have to make it out monday then for sure! Good luck with the packing/moving.
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:41 AM
Registered User
Pedro51's Avatar
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Hunter View Post
Hey Rob,

Also at this stage I don't think I will be able to make any more race meets as the move to Canberra has been brought forward due to us selling our house.

Cheers

Scott
I'll need to keep an eye on you getting racing going in Canberra.

It is easier for me to visit Canberra than Brisbane, Bronwen (wife) has friends there.

Good luck
Peter
Pedro51 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro51
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:51 AM
Registered User
Gecko Hunter's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
431 Posts
Sweet, Pedro where are you based?

I know I will be hitting the car tracks, hopefully they will be half decent and I can rope some car boys in!

Cheers

Scott
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:54 AM
100% _Maybe
Rob1o1's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
265 Posts
I dunno, it's looking a bit ominos this afternoon. It's possible they may have to use the rain day at QRCCRA. Any suggestions for a plan B? I'll be happy to take a drive to the SS Coast for a couple of hours sither Sun or Mon.
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
I dunno, it's looking a bit ominos this afternoon. It's possible they may have to use the rain day at QRCCRA. Any suggestions for a plan B? I'll be happy to take a drive to the SS Coast for a couple of hours sither Sun or Mon.
I thought that the expected showers on Sunday that they're referring to, would be that Jeff's, Peter J's. and Jason's cars are expected to go like showers of sh-t in the final.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
100% _Maybe
Rob1o1's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
I thought that the expected showers on Sunday that they're referring to, would be that Jeff's, Peter J's. and Jason's cars are expected to go like showers of sh-t in the final.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lol I'll have to pop down and have a look!

Hope its all going well for Chance.
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
Hey guys, where are we getting our fix this weekend??
I don't know now. Yeah its looking like rain for Mon, but hopefully it doesn't. You never know, they'll say rain and it doesn't or visa versa. sunny coast maybe.., I'll just play it and see.

@ Scott, the next day I've got off is Thursday so if your able to then we could hit Brendale for one last time before you leave?
Would be good if you can find a nice track in Canberra, I'm sure there is. Yeah, drum up some of the local TC drivers and get a bike sceen going down there. Pedro51, ( Peter) used to live and race 1/5 bikes in the UK then moved back to NZ. Would be good to come down for a weekend and line it up for one time when Pete comes over.

@ Lars, good luck to you and Chance for Sunday!, I hope he does well. Hopefully all the bike driving he's been doing has helped him with his TC driving style.
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 1/5th Bikers in New Zealand Sean S Motorcycles 30 Jun 05, 2012 12:32 AM
Discussion 1/5th Worlds in Italy notsoquick Motorcycles 24 Jul 12, 2007 05:33 PM
1/5th racing vids? savage Large Scale Cars 20 May 02, 2005 05:14 PM
Question Is Pica still in business and is their 1/5th scale P-40 still available? The Blue Max Fuel Warbirds 4 Dec 09, 2004 01:11 AM
Any 1/5 racing in L.A. new2heli Motorcycles 2 Sep 21, 2004 11:49 AM