HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Bike is sorted out.

Thanks for all the help; our bike goes really well now, and seems to completely sorted out. We tried running it with a steering damper; but Chance prefers it without, and we left the scratchbars the length that they were. Tucking the body in better fixed that problem.

We still don't have a rider figure the right sioze, but we hope to have one before the next club meeting. I hope that adding the weight of the rider won't upset the handling; we're so happy with it.

Can't wait to start racing now.

Sorry about the low quality phone footage, but see how the well the bike goes thorough the hairpins at Sunny Coast at High Voltage:

High Voltage bike practice at SCRCCC (1 min 0 sec)

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:37 AM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
looks good. great driving! damn I better get more practice in! I too added a steering damper on friday night but took it off after the heat. I prefer it without too, the bike seems to stand up quicker. I will try it again once I polish the shock shaft and with some lighter oil as there is still a little bit of head shake. track looks very good also.
Rob1o1 is offline Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Last edited by Rob1o1; Aug 22, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:02 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Hi Lars, wow! Chance has picked it up really quickly. Glad to hear the bike's working well now.

Yeah, it depends on the driver if they like steering dampers or not, and for me it depends on the bike if its got to much head shake etc. But I only use a very thin oil like 10wt or machine oil with 2x 1mm holes in the piston, or without oil just the friction of the O'rings. Also, if you don't get a lexan rider by our next race meet I'll give you one of my old riders to use.

It would be nice at some point to hold a meeting there at Landsbrough, the track looks good..

Btw, there is someone else up your way too running an SB5.

Thanks for posting the video.....
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
Hi Lars, wow! Chance has picked it up really quickly. Glad to hear the bike's working well now.

Yeah, it depends on the driver if they like steering dampers or not, and for me it depends on the bike if its got to much head shake etc. But I only use a very thin oil like 10wt or machine oil with 2x 1mm holes in the piston, or without oil just the friction of the O'rings. Also, if you don't get a lexan rider by our next race meet I'll give you one of my old riders to use.

It would be nice at some point to hold a meeting there at Landsbrough, the track looks good..

Btw, there is someone else up your way too running an SB5.

Thanks for posting the video.....
Thanks guys! I hope to have the rider by Friday nest week; but thanks, but we might have to borrow the rider if not.

We'll be interested if Brendale bikies want to organise to go to a race meeting at Sunny Coast, and I'm sure that SCRCCC would be keen to do it. They usually race on Sundays, and the meetings some times clash with our Brendale IC meetings. But Brendale will change to Saturdays after September, so any Sunday from then would suit us, if there is enough interest from the rest of the bike team. The club will race anything that has enough numbers, but we should perhaps notify the club of our intention.

Who else is running a SB5 on the Sunny Coast?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Last edited by Chickentrader; Aug 22, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
Racing during the day would be great! I have a lot of trouble seeing my bike on the back straight at Brendale at night.

Up until about two months ago I only knew of three people racing bikes. Now there will be 5 or 6 and possibly 7 (we have another convert I think).

I ran a battery with Scott at some netball courts on the weekend. that was great as there was plenty of room to run the bike hard and do things like tryin to get it sliding... good pratice. I definitly have crashing down pat.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
Racing during the day would be great! I have a lot of trouble seeing my bike on the back straight at Brendale at night.

Up until about two months ago I only knew of three people racing bikes. Now there will be 5 or 6 and possibly 7 (we have another convert I think).

I ran a battery with Scott at some netball courts on the weekend. that was great as there was plenty of room to run the bike hard and do things like tryin to get it sliding... good pratice. I definitly have crashing down pat.
Check posts 1546 &1547 at http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...rough-103.html.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Thanks guys! I hope to have the rider by Friday nest week; but thanks, but we might have to borrow the rider if not.

We'll be interested if Brendale bikies want to organise to go to a race meeting at Sunny Coast, and I'm sure that SCRCCC would be keen to do it. They usually race on Sundays, and the meetings some times clash with our Brendale IC meetings. But Brendale will change to Saturdays after September, so any Sunday from then would suit us, if there is enough interest from the rest of the bike team. The club will race anything that has enough numbers, but we should perhaps notify the club of our intention.

Who else is running a SB5 on the Sunny Coast?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Hello all,
If you bring them up to the Sunshine Coast track we will fit them in to the race format, where always looking for new people on race days.

Regards Graham
Secretary SCRCCC
Graham12345 is offline Find More Posts by Graham12345
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:19 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Hey guys with me heading to Canberra soon it would be great to get a meet up the sunshine coast before I leave.
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Hunter View Post
Hey guys with me heading to Canberra soon it would be great to get a meet up the sunshine coast before I leave.
I'll be up for that!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:24 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Hi Graham, Thanks, that would be great if we could come up and race every now and then.

You mentioned on RCtech about racing there on Sunday week, yes it would clash with our Friday night but the following Sunday after that would work out better. Would we need our own pit tables n chairs, power? I've seen the track before about 8yrs ago but I went there to skate at the park next door.

The Landsbrough track looks nice. I think its big enough for a grid of bikes. Chance seems to get around it pretty well too. I'm looking forward to having a run on it.

Cheers, Shaun
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:45 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
So is everyone looking forward to racing this Friday night? Will be nice to have a larger field of bikes this time round.

See you all there..

Btw,.. here's some footage Rob got of me with my phone last Wed week on the Ekka day off. I just finished uploading it.. Enjoy..

1/5th Bike Practice Brendale 15 8 2012 (5 min 22 sec)
Last edited by scaulfi; Aug 29, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
Ha, thanks for not mentioning that for the first 15 miniutes I actaully wasn't recording when I thought I was! When the camera is panned out you can see how fast you get along the back straight!

Hopefully, I will make it tonight. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:28 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
How good was last night? It was a lot of fun to have a field of 7! lots of laughs and a lot of helping out in the pits. Shaun, you are not allowed to tinker with Chance's bike anymore! nah, it was great to see it sorted and he was going so well!

I really enjoyed the night. thanks guys!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
How good was last night? It was a lot of fun to have a field of 7! lots of laughs and a lot of helping out in the pits. Shaun, you are not allowed to tinker with Chance's bike anymore! nah, it was great to see it sorted and he was going so well!

I really enjoyed the night. thanks guys!
Thanks guys, awesome help! We would never have been racing without it. And Shaun took time to let Chance drive his bike, and to sort out the problems with our bike out in the break. What a difference that made!

I think I've found what I was looking for to fix our problems with a rider figure: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Thund...#ht_732wt_1762

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
@ Lars,.. No probs, Im glag we got the issues sorted with Chance's bike. Its funny how the smallest thing can make such a different. For his first race meet 20laps in the 10min final and finishing 3rd is awesome!.. Scott and I did 22laps, so thats a really good achievment I think..

As for the RTR/SB5 body you found, the lexan of the pre painted ones seem to be a little thinner than the non painted ones, but if you get yourself some ShoeGoo you will be able to make it stronger. Other than Ebay you can now get the unpainted ones from 2wheelhobbies.com, I heard they're back in stock.

@ All.. Im glad eveyone had a good night. Yep, its nice to have a larger field of bikes. Im already looking forward to our next meet..