SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Thx Shaun, Dave sweet see yah there
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:15 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Cool, C u all there. Adrian will be with us aswell...
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:33 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I am soooo jealous of you guys.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:24 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
lol whys that?

Where abouts are you from?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
down in Newcastle NSW. a little too far to drive for a race meet. I generally only make it up there for a 2 or 3 race meetings a year.
Eden
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Bugger, we are pretty short of bikes up here and to be honest its only because of Shauns generosity that I'm able to even use a 1/5th bike.

He is letting me run a "bitsa" he put together, which to be honest runs pretty sweet.

I have a Venom I can run but its hard work at Brendale as the 5th scale cars have made it real bumpy!

Last night we managed to get 4 bikes at the track but one of the guys ESC died at the start of the night so he went home!

There are apparently a few guys around that are going to be running bikes soon (hopefully) so that might bolster our numbers a little.

I hope you get a run in soon anyway.

Cheers

Scott
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:25 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Scott, Eden is the guy Dave and I told you about last night. Him and Trent drive the Vodafone 1/5 tourer. (turbo sheep, ie; sitting out on the track for 20-30 mins to watch them graze)

Hey Eden, should maybe work out a date sometime this year and coincide it with Pete (Pedro51) and make a full grid meeting out of it,.. maybe some of the Vic lads too. Just a thought.

Also, shame Adrian's esc died before race start last night. How uncanny is that, he waited over a month for his setup board finaly gets it then his esc fries..

Shaun
Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:15 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post

Hey Eden, should maybe work out a date sometime this year and coincide it with Pete (Pedro51) and make a full grid meeting out of it,.. maybe some of the Vic lads too. Just a thought.

Shaun
If you can give me a bit of warning - I can't afford last minute tickets, I'm keen.

A couple of things have clicked into place recently - after several years, I must be a slow learner eh. Anyway hopefully I'm a bit faster.

Cheers
Peter
Pedro51 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Jan 22, 2011, 07:11 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Pete, well I was thinkin you live the furtherest away so whenever is best for you. We race every fortnight from Friday (21st) just gone. (It's night racing). So let me know when then we can start letting everyone know a date etc. You can stay here if you like too plus I can pick you up from the airport, I only live 10mins from Brisbane international..

Cheers
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:53 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
i'd be in for that as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else i have on. (ie work etc)
would love to come up again.
have to put a few Km's on my car so I am thinking of a trip up there before the end of March.
Eden
Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:22 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
211 Posts
I'm busy for a couple of weeks away from home, and trying to get the budget in order. Later in march would suit me better.

I will try and make some plans, but best if we make a date to suit Eden as I have no commitments after mid Feb. so my timing can be a bit flexible.

KP11E arrived today and I don't have time to put it together arrgh.

Cheers
Peter
Pedro51 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:43 AM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
can anyone help please i have a 1/5 thunder tiger bikethe chain drive one it rotates at 14 to 1 i just put a 5.5 turn brushless in it i run a 69 tooth main gear and a 14 pinion what would the right gear ratio to run its a hobbywing system or is the gear that iam running alright havent used since it was stock dont want to blow the motor any help please
aha4113 is offline Find More Posts by aha4113
Last edited by aha4113; Jan 26, 2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: more info
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:13 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
don't necessarily organise around me. i am trying to plan a couple of trips up in the next 6-8 weeks but if Pete can get over at another date i will try my best to get up there then also.
If I can work everything right, I should be up there for the 18th Feb and 18th March at least. I'll confirm by the end of this week on both.

Eden

aha4113, you can try this forum for info also.
here is a thread specifically regarding gear ratios.

http://www.moto-5.com/index.php/topic,2966.0.html
Last edited by test driver; Jan 25, 2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: added link
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:34 PM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
where abouts in newcastle do you live

i also live in newcastle when i get my gear ratio fixed we should race at edgeworth
aha4113 is offline Find More Posts by aha4113
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:17 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I live about 3 min from Edgeworth track. What do you need for your bike? I have quite a few parts etc.
Eden

that gearing at 14:1 sounds ok. the hobbywings manual recommends 10-12:1 for the 5.5 for offroad which is about as tall as i like to set my bike gearing at. A little less load on the motor than the onroad ratio.
At that ratio, it should be an absolute bullet.
Last edited by test driver; Jan 26, 2011 at 11:31 PM.