HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Nice driving Shaun!
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:55 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Nice driving Shaun.Love the that track!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:55 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Edwin, I could see Fabio on that track! They'd have to close it for repairs when he finished.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Nov 13, 2006, 08:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
Edwin, I could see Fabio on that track! They'd have to close it for repairs when he finished.
LOL i think we also has to carry special insurance when he drives his rcbike.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:34 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Thanks Steve, Edwin.. You guys would love this track.. Seriously though, the track is about 5m wide in most parts, and about 3-4m in other areas.. Next month I'll post somemore footage from the top of the drivers stand, you'll get a better idea of the scale of this track,.. it's huge..! (It has nice big runoff areas at both ends of the main straight.) Going off that vid, I roughly did a 39-40sec lap, not sure what the cars are getting around there but I was keeping up with most of them..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:37 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
it's certainly competitive:
http://www.gcmr.org.au/results/2006/...et_Report.html

I didnt time it but last time I made it around the track it would've been at least a full minute, probably more Getting there..
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:53 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Au forum link..

OK,.. I just posted/bumped up a thread on the RCTech site to try and convince some of those shelf pony bikers out there to come to Gilly on the 26th and take up mini GP racing with us.. Here's the link to the forum http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29 under '1/5th bike owners, Brisvegas'... Lets see if anyone joins in with us..

Shaun
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:09 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Hate to ask what may be a stupid question but do you have specific details for the race day like No. of heats, length of heats, start time etc...

Thanks
Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Nov 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Simon,.. I'm pretty sure it'll be like all the other clubs.. Nominations at 8am and start racing by 8.30-9am.. I think it'll be just 3 heats, each heat's about 5mins long...

As it's electric bikes only, I'm not really setup for it either, most of the packs I'll be using are 3300's - 3700's, about 1-2yrs old... Or I use the only 2 lipo packs I have left..., but that would'nt be fair on everyone else...

It would be better if we all had 2 bikes each,.. 1 nitro and 1 electric, that way we'd have the best of both worlds.. I'd prefer to race nitros too.., I could race that all day without worring if my packs were going to last out the day..

Shaun
Old Nov 17, 2006, 06:33 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Is anyone going to be getting in any practice this weekend..? If so, let me know, cause I'm keen.. I've got an electric bike to test out..

BTW,.. there's a Worker Bee on this Sunday at Gilly too.. 8.30am start and finish by 12-1pm,.. then we could get in some practice afterwards... Just a thought..!

Shaun
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Is anyone going to be getting in any practice this weekend..? If so, let me know, cause I'm keen.. I've got an electric bike to test out..

BTW,.. there's a Worker Bee on this Sunday at Gilly too.. 8.30am start and finish by 12-1pm,.. then we could get in some practice afterwards... Just a thought..!

Shaun
Allthough I really want to, I can't make it today. But I can go tomorrow if your still keen Shaun. Or we could just gets some cones (the ones shaped like witches hats, not the other type ) and find a bitumen car park.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:48 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Yeah, that's cool Ben,.. I'm just keen to run the bikes anytime this weekend.. Yep, sounds good to me.. I have about 10 frizbies that I sometimes take to the little carpark near here and setup around the place.. Do you want to go there then..? Or if you know of someplace else.., or we could just head down to Gilly.. (I'll put in for the fuel)..

Shaun
Old Nov 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
Cancel out my last post.. Ben and I are going to just stay local today, probably hit the little carpark just near here and through out some frizbies and cones and make up some sort of track..

Troy,.. I know it's a bit late notice, but if you want/feel like it, come up and check out our little carpark,.. it's preety cool..! It has nice gradiant changes, some you get airbourne off too.. (Give me a call if your interested)

Tezza,.. I know your watching.. What are you upto..? Feel like droping over, get that bike of yours out for it's maiden run..

Shaun
Old Nov 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hey, I'd love to come today but I've got to trip to the airport to pickup some visiting rellies You'd think they would pick a more considerate time to come interstate but ey, what can you do.

I'm keen to run today too, I might get out to the local carpark after the chores todayfor a while. The bike is in several bits at the moment but It will come back together pretty quickly. I bent both of the frame supports that hold the head section of the frame in but they're mostly straight now after some bashing and vice work It'll be enough till I get the tornado replacements from Bruce anyway.

Have a great day and if I dont see you beforehand, see you next weekend!.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Nov 21, 2006, 04:04 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,706 Posts
OK,.. so who's all going to be at Gilston on the 26th..???

Is it just 3 of us, Ben, Troy, and me,.. and maybe Simon too... Tezza..??
I'll see if Macka the Slacka is going to show his face on the day, and run his bike too.. If it's just going to be 3 of us, the track will look kinda empty, with a few more of us it wont look so bad..

Anyway, half the club wont be there due to the Titles held at Brendale, so we're just filler for the lack of drivers/classes for the day.. So, it'll be a pretty casual day I'd say...

Runners so far are;

Me
Ben
Troy
Simon(?)
Macka(?)
Tezza(?)

Let me know if anything changes,... I'll have to let Chris (Club Pres.) know what and how many are entering etc on the day, by Friday...

BTW,.. if anyone needs to loan a bike on the day, I have one spare you can use.. (You'll just need your own radio gear)...

Shaun