HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 06:23 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I'm in for sure. Those kids were great, I think he made it most of the way round the track on his first try too which is better than what I managed!.

Now i'm really going to have to practice more, can't have a couple fo 5 yr olds showing me up

It's great to see more of the car guys showing interest too, It looks like we're going to have a full class before too long. Maybe this means we'll have seperate nitro and EP classes too!.

Looks like they're taking memberships for 2007 now so I think it's time to sign up and get a key, going to have to get one of those shade tent things as well, and of course a nice fold-up pit table. I'm going to have fun strapping all that stuff to the suzuki

Had a great day yesterday, planning on hitting the carpark this arvo to work on my braking a bit. Can't wait to see that footage Shaun, hope it's not too shaky.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:45 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Can't wait to see that footage Shaun, hope it's not too shaky.
Yer Shaun, lets seen the vids cause I know you have the technology!

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:53 AM
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
okay I'm definitely going to make it out to the races at Tempe in Sydney on 21, 26 and 28th of Nov. will approach the people there and see if I can get some track time on the 28th when they have their "Outlaw session" under lights.

Please anybody else in Sydney, try make it out to this one and lets see what we can get going.

http://www.smaracing.org/content/ind...tpage&Itemid=1
bemarc is offline Find More Posts by bemarc
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:03 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
New Gilston Track Vid...

Ok,.. here it is, just hope it works.. Here Just one lap with the nitro.. Enjoy..!
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:44 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemarc
okay I'm definitely going to make it out to the races at Tempe in Sydney on 21, 26 and 28th of Nov. will approach the people there and see if I can get some track time on the 28th when they have their "Outlaw session" under lights.

Please anybody else in Sydney, try make it out to this one and lets see what we can get going.

http://www.smaracing.org/content/ind...tpage&Itemid=1
bemarc,.. I hope you get some guys together soon.. The more you get out to the tracks and hasstle the commities to have bikes racing the more you'll find others wanting to get interested in it with you.. I see a big future for bike racing in Australia.. We just need to get it happening.. I'm glad your keen, like me, to want to get something happening.. It's been 5yrs now since I started running these bikes, and only till now we/I've started to see it grow, and it's looking like it's starting to happen up here.. I think as soon as we start racing the bikes up here, it'll catch on in no time...

Shaun

(BTW,.. We probably need to start another bike thread in the, RCtech "Australian Racing forums" aswell, so other like minded bikers see it too and want to be a part of it..) (And for those who never thought bikes existed.. )
Old Nov 13, 2006, 03:23 AM
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi

(BTW,.. We probably need to start another bike thread in the, RCtech "Australian Racing forums" aswell, so other like minded bikers see it too and want to be a part of it..) (And for those who never thought bikes existed.. )
great Idea, I'll let you start it as it was your idea post a link up and I'll chim in

I'm also going to take it to some trck days in canberra as I used to race there heaps and I know a model shop owner that would love to start a new class. fingers crossed

all the kids that see me running mine up and down the driveway to our units is impressed so that is a good start.
bemarc is offline Find More Posts by bemarc
Last edited by bemarc; Nov 13, 2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 03:57 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Nice vid Shaun, your bike always looks really well balanced and quick!!

bemarc - good luck with getting the bike thing off the ground in your area, I have family in Syd so maybe we could catch up if Im down that way.

Ben
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:08 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Thanks you guys..

Hey, Ben, I think you might have taken my 2mm Allen tool with a red Ano. handle the other day when you were here.., and now I'm all lost without it.. I'm back to using stock kit 2mm Allen keys again.. lol I've looked everywhere..!!

bemarc,.. Yeah, ok,.. I did start one a while ago, I could just bump that one up again..? At least the guys over there who posted on it before would see it, or get notification of it being bumped up again..

Shaun
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:14 AM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Hey, Ben, I think you might have taken my 2mm Allen tool with a red Ano. handle the other day when you were here.., and now I'm all lost without it.. I'm back to using stock kit 2mm Allen keys again.. lol I've looked everywhere..!!
Shaun
Gees, can't sneak anything past you (kidding)

Anyway, sorry about that. I found it wrapped up in my rag. I'll get it to you ASAP
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:21 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Yeah the video looks great Shaun, let me know next time you're bringing the camera and I can bring along a tripod to make it a bit more stable. The camera man must have been drunk

Did any of the footage from up on the drivers stand look good ?. I thought that wouldve been a winner. It will be good to get some vids of an actual race happening too.

I was out practising again tonight and i'm finding that i'm getting this violent bucking when taking fast sweepers.. you were saying something on the weekend about damping in the rear shock ?. DO I need to have more damping or less ? It's all coming together nicely apart from that, i'm managing consistent power slides out of slow corners now and crashing a lot less

Does anyone think its worth moving from a 19t motor to a 17t or should i save the money and go for the brushless ?.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:27 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Gees, can't sneak anything past you (kidding)

Anyway, sorry about that. I found it wrapped up in my rag. I'll get it to you ASAP
lol It's no biggy,.. I'll get it off you on the weekend if your free for some track practise.. Anyhow, you left your CF top plates here, and something else too..
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:39 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the video looks great Shaun, let me know next time you're bringing the camera and I can bring along a tripod to make it a bit more stable. The camera man must have been drunk

Did any of the footage from up on the drivers stand look good ?. I thought that wouldve been a winner. It will be good to get some vids of an actual race happening too.

I was out practising again tonight and i'm finding that i'm getting this violent bucking when taking fast sweepers.. you were saying something on the weekend about damping in the rear shock ?. DO I need to have more damping or less ? It's all coming together nicely apart from that, i'm managing consistent power slides out of slow corners now and crashing a lot less

Does anyone think its worth moving from a 19t motor to a 17t or should i save the money and go for the brushless ?.
Thanks Troy.. Yep, the drivers stand shot was good too, don't know why a chose that one, I guess I just found one that looked like a nice sketchless lap and quicky posted it up.. Yep, some laps of real racing would be very cool..!

That's cause you still need to sort out that rear shock.. Put an extra 1mm hole in the piston and use some 7000Wt diff oil .., what thickness oil are you using in it allready..??

Yeah, save up the pennies and go the BL system.. Either a Novak ss5800,.. or something like it.., also, you could go the GTB and still beable to run brushed and brushless motors too.. Let us know when you've desided on something..

Shaun
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
ahh yes, the extra hole in the piston, that was it, cheers. The oil in it at the moment is as delivered from the factory. Funnily enough, it's the second shock i've got and this one came built whereas the other one came in pieces

have no idea why, but anyway, now i've got a spare so I can mess about tuning one up and habe other one for running (albeit, sloppy running).. so yeah, i'll get it sorted out soon.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:37 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Either a Novak ss5800,.. or something like it.., also, you could go the GTB and still beable to run brushed and brushless motors too.. Let us know when you've desided on something..

Shaun
Yeah I think the novak ss5800 is a winner, i'll take you up on your offer if it's still available
Did you notice much difference between the SS and the velociti motors ?. Could you run a velociti motor on a SS ESC ?
The GTB looks nice and very flexible but might be a little pricey at this stage
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I think the novak ss5800 is a winner, i'll take you up on your offer if it's still available
Did you notice much difference between the SS and the velociti motors ?. Could you run a velociti motor on a SS ESC ?
The GTB looks nice and very flexible but might be a little pricey at this stage

See if you can find a slightly used ss5800 first, or new,.. but it's going to be cheaper than the GTB, that's for sure.. The ss5800 motor is like a 12-10T brushed motor, the GTB 6.5 I have is like a 7-6T brushed motor.. Allmost twice as fast.. Just have a good look around first and see what you can find..

I've actually got the ss5800 setup in a bike at the mo, I'm setting up a bike for the 26th..

Shaun