HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
Merry Christmas boys. I'm keen to get back into racing next year too. Let me know when it's a goer.

Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:37 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Hey, have Happy New Year you guys! Hope 2010 brings more interest in 1/5 bike racing in Australia.

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:23 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Finally, after 12 months of pestering people. We will have 4, maybe 5, bikes together at a track this Sunday in Adelaide getting some track time together.
Wooohoo!!!
Will see if we can get some pic's and videos
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:58 PM
Angel_Fire
Toowoomba, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
48 Posts
ok just so you all know i'm lazy and skipped say about 153 of the 155 posts on this thread, but would any of you guys be interested in coming to toowoomba QLD (1.5hrs west of brissy) for a track day or something ?? we do alot of touring car & drift car events and what not around the place

Just a thought, do you guys race your bikes at brendale on the north side of brissy ?? 9 theres a 1/8th scale track there ??
Angel_Fire is offline Find More Posts by Angel_Fire
Old Jan 01, 2010, 07:48 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Fire View Post
ok just so you all know i'm lazy and skipped say about 153 of the 155 posts on this thread, but would any of you guys be interested in coming to toowoomba QLD (1.5hrs west of brissy) for a track day or something ?? we do alot of touring car & drift car events and what not around the place

Just a thought, do you guys race your bikes at brendale on the north side of brissy ?? 9 theres a 1/8th scale track there ??
Hi AngelFire, I'd be keen but I don't want to be the only one to make the trip to-woomba. I'll have to see if some of the other guys would want to make the trip there with me. Is this to do bike demo's or something?

Yeah, we race at Brendale on the Nth'Side, they run 1/10, 1/8, and 1/5 cars there, it would have to be the best track in Qld for the 1/5 bikes to run on though..

Shauin
Old Jan 05, 2010, 03:15 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
hey, long time no.... post. Merry xmas and happy new year to everyone, hope it wasnt too liver destroying and everyone and their families are well.
Just thought i'd pop in and say gidday, not really been keeping up with things here lately, keeping busy with bubs and the new bike. The former gets about 98% of time and the latter about 2 at a stretch (thoroughly enjoyable 2% though, I must say)

Broke out the mclarney the other day and it sounds like a bag full of marbles, will need to do some maintenance to get her back in race trim again. The GPV (and spare) are both surprisingly running well though, even after such a long shelving.

Let me know when the next meet is on and i'll try and book in some away time with the girls and see how rusty I have gotten.

Cheers.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jan 05, 2010, 07:49 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Yeah, same to you too. Good to here from you and all is well. Love your new toy, I bet that's had a bashing already, seeing you live so close to the mountains..! I'm still thinking of getting an old TRX850 one of these days..

Yep, I'm keen to get in some racing again, we could be doing Gilly one fortnight and Brendale the next etc. The truck guys are thinking of 1 meet a month so they got more drivers to the meetings.. Keen to get the 1/8's out again too..

Shaun
Old Jan 05, 2010, 06:47 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
I will be starting a following here in Houston, TX really soon, Except in 1/8th scale... I envy the support and enthusiasm the guys here have... Hope to accomplish the same here in the US...
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Jan 06, 2010, 07:52 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Urgent! Racing at Brendale this year..???

Ok you guys, I just had words with Mark Griffith (1/5 Truck guy) about our racing for this year. At the AGM nothing was worked out for either the trucks or the bikes in the way of dates for us for this years race meets. I was told some shite went down at the meeting about both our classes being a lack of interest and slack in the way of memberships etc.. So what I need to know is, how many of us are there that are commited to doing 1 meeting a month and are willing to pay for 10 meets up front = $100 for the year.., plus for those that have'nt paid their memberships for the year, can you do so.. PLEASE!!! To help keep the bike and truck classes alive etc.... It would be sad to see it all go to waste.

The deal is, if we all show commitment and pay for our 10 meets for the year up front at our first meeting then we get our meets/dates maked up on the web site..

So I/we need to know asap..

How many of us are there keen to make 1 meet a month..??????? How many of us are keen to race..??????

1. Me
2. Jason
3. Dave
4. Ross
5. Troy?
6. Ben?
7. Lenny?
8. ?

Thanks guys,..

Shaun
Last edited by scaulfi; Jan 08, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2010, 04:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Hey Scaulfi,
I would like to say some thing about the situation you have there. Ask for a copy of the clubs Constitution and see if it has in it's opening statements something along this line:-
"To foster and promote RC racing of all types"
If it has then the committee up there need to get ther heads out of the sand(I was going to say something else, but I'm trying to be polite), and help to promote other classes, eg. trucks, bikes, hovercrafts, sidecars,etc. It doesn't matter if the member numbers are low, RC car racing started off in shopping mall car parks, with only half a dozen people or so. Don't let the club forget the history of RC racing. Afterall, the nice track you have up there, was not built by Captain Cook, a lot of work, by people past and present, has got the club to were it is today. And that goes for every club in Australia, and the world.

The other thing is that RC bikes are relatively new on the competition scene, you know better than any. But, with about 8 new electric bikes going into production this year alone, interest could grow very quickly.
Old Jan 08, 2010, 05:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
I agree TOTALLY with Magnuts. It's all well and good for the car guys to rule the roost just because there's the largest number of them, but if there's interest from Bikes and Trucks at all, why shouldn't we be given a chance to race. I'd love to see the uproar from everyone else if they were expected to pay up front for the year's racing. I bet no-one would even dare suggest it for fear of being shouted down.

There's no way we can even attempt to further the truck and bike side of the hobby without having a place to hold organise racing.

As you all know, I do the round trip from Hervey Bay 520km's for three or four short races. That's 6 hours driving for a total of 30mins racing. Admittedly, I don't make it to every meet, but I do work weekends too. If that's not commitment, what is?

I for one, am itching to go racing again. Count me in.

Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 08, 2010, 09:14 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
I totaly agree too, but the reason for making the payments up front was because on our race days sometimes we would get 6-7 truck guys, 4-6 bikes and other times we would have hardly anyone turn up and was a waste of time opening up the track and turning on the lights for only a few drivers etc.. (I guess the club feel they are running at a loss with the trucks and bikes) With making the payment from everyone up front it would help pay for the lights/electricity and track hire etc even if not everyone can make it. This way everyone's paid, the power/track has been paid for, no need to dig into your wallet for $10 (your already nominated for each meet), and if everyone's paid then it gives everyone insentive to turn up... The reason for making it 1 meet a month was due to some of the truck guys not always being able to make to a fortnightly meet, so making it once a month should insure more drivers turn up to a meeting..

From now till the 30 June it'll only be $60 up front for 6 meets.
And membership now till the 30 June would be $45.
We really need 4-5 or more bikes to turn up to every meet.
(we have 4 bikes now but would like it be more, 6? would be great)

Gees,.. I'm itching to race again.. Will keep you all informed with the outcome.

Shaun
Old Jan 09, 2010, 06:23 PM
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
This maybe a silly question cause I'm in Adelaide, your in Bris-Vegas, when the cars race, are the car entry numbers maxed out, do the have room in the program for bikes and trucks, on alternate race days? Even if it is only 3 x 5minutes races, it's better than none.
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:34 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I know there s time on the 5th scale race days but it seems that there are people in the organisaton that don't want the trucks running at the same meeting. In some ways it is like they don't want to Foster any new class even if there are members that want it. Just my opinion though.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:57 PM
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver View Post
I know there s time on the 5th scale race days but it seems that there are people in the organisaton that don't want the trucks running at the same meeting. In some ways it is like they don't want to Foster any new class even if there are members that want it. Just my opinion though.
Which, in turn, goes against the constitution of the AARCMCC, of which they are a member club.

You are exactly right, seen the same issue happen in Adelaide a couple of times, in fact, it is still happening today, with electric classes at one of the clubs.