SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Lucky buggar, that is one nice looking unit. If your ever up for a ride (on the old or new bike) let me know.

Ben
I'm only managing hour long mt tamborine runs lately but i've been itching to get up to the sunny coast and run through the hinterland. Probably wont be until afterwards now but I will try and organise something for sure.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Hey Dave, sounds excellent, is it the v-star ?. They look like a nice comfy bike.
I'm still tossing up between the MV Brutale and the KTM Super Duke, both similar price and very similar bikes but i've still got a month or so to decide. It might just come down to whats available on the day.

I hear copper is worth more than cans at the moment, might have to remove the plumbing from my house.

Was there any racing on Saturday ?. Sounds like not many takers. I may be up for one last Sunday before the new test pilot is born .
Its the black v-star xvs650 custom. very easy to ride . I'll have it with me on Wednesday night.

Shaun and I turned up Saturday night and just practices a bit. I only brought the GPV-1 because the Nats are only a couple of months away.
Marty arrived with Shaun to watch and it looks like he will become a regular for a while .

Next fortnight is the start of Sunday morning racing so hopefully we will fill the grid again with more bikes.
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:38 AM
Adelaide, south australia
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
hey troy sent a pm to you, cheers paul.
moseley17 is offline Find More Posts by moseley17
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
I'm keen for racing on Sunday. Will have Marty with us now too, and his bike is pretty much setup and ready to go..

I hope you can make it down Ross.., Shev too?

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Oct 01, 2009, 07:50 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Sunday Morning 1/5 Bike Racing

I'll be there.

I have a very busy weekend and may be a little late getting there Sunday morning. - Should be there before qualifying rounds start

So that is three definite so far any more? ....
Ross? Troy?
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
I was all set to come boys. I only just sat down at the computer to say I'd be there and checked my email before the forum. Sorry to say, but Steve sent me a message to say that racing is CANCELLED for this Sunday due to lack of truck numbers. As much as I'd like to come down for the fun of it, I just can't justify that. If you guys do, have a good time and I'll be there next time!

Thanks.
Ross.
61DUB is online now Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:56 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
So are we racing this sunday..???

If you don't feel like going cause the MGP is on,.. fear not, I will bring my little HD flat screen TV with me to watch at the track..

Marty and I will be there if others turn up..

Shaun
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:47 AM
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
I'll be there.

Steve Malone emailed me. He doesn't have any other bike racer's email addresses. PM me with your address and I'll pass it on.

See you at the track!

Has someone gotten onto Lenny?

Ross.
Last edited by 61DUB; Oct 31, 2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
I forgot to say, they're looking at an 8.30 start to beat the heat. Looks like an early drive for me!!!!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:50 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Yippee - that makes three so far..

Lets hope the Super Trucks don't cancel.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:54 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havago Racing
Yippee - that makes three so far..

Lets hope the Super Trucks don't cancel.
There'll be 4 of us actually.., and I think Troy said he might be able to make this one.

Super Trucks = Turbo Sheep
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:15 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Hey gents, sorry couldn't make it on Sunday. My daughter was born on the 12th and I've been staying close to home getting used to parenting for the last week. She's a beautiful little thing and higher maintenance than a GPV-1 at the moment.
Eva Jade was 4.4Kg (!) and 54cms tall, both bubs and mum are healthy and happy, despite the lack of sleep. Starting to get the hang of it now but I'll still be out of action on the racing scene for a little while longer.
Someone needs to put up some race action pics so I can imagine racing and make "broom broom" noises like Ben.

(insert obligatory new baby pic here)
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Wow, congratulations Troy!
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:17 AM
Joined Nov 2008
142 Posts
Congratulations Troy. I'm glad to hear everything's good with bub. Enjoy it, she'll be in school before you know it!!!

Ross.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,738 Posts
Congrats Troy and Sorina! Yeah, and while shes at school, before you know it you'll be fending off the young boys that come to your door.. Sorry to say tho, you don't have an excuse anymore to say, 'I'm taking the young fella to the RC track to play with the bikes'.. Best wishes to you both anyway, and maybe one day we'll catch up with you at a meet in the not to distant future..

Shaun