SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 03:28 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop075
Time may be against me but I will see what I can do....I went to run on sunday morning and broke the one-way bearing. Lucky for me mr UPS is bringing me a box with some bits including a one-way, though even if my bike doesn't go I would still like to come and say hi.

Simon
Simon,.. that's cool,.. maybe if you come up to have a look anyway, you could do the DVcam for me?,.. cause I know I'll probably forget to..

I have a spare OWB, never needed it yet.. Just watch out for fuel lock, it can kill those TT OWB's pretty easily.. Alot of other guys on here have done the same too..

Shaun
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:40 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
....Just watch out for fuel lock, it can kill those TT OWB's pretty easily.. Alot of other guys on here have done the same too..
Yes breaking the OWB was totally my fault, I was too keen to run the bike and tried to spin the engine over with the drill before checking it by hand. Oil had pooled in the engine since it was last run and it went half a turn before locking up.....also it wasn't a cordless drill but a mains powered one

Lesson learnt and it gives me time to tinker anyway.

Simon
scoop075 is offline Find More Posts by scoop075
Old Nov 07, 2006, 02:32 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Ok!,.. Who's up for Gilly this coming Saturday/Sunday..???
Sounds good Shaun, what time you thinking ?. DOsent look like theres any racing on this weekend so we could do either Sat or Sunday. I'd probably prefer Saturday lunchtime or so, think i've got a few chores on in the morning.

Simon, hope you can make it down.. er.. up, it will be good to get a bit of a crew out there and put a face to a name .

Shaun, I've taken the bike out a couple of times since last weekend and I have to say I really hate my engine now after running yours, you've spoiled it for me :P
I remembered also my brother has a dremel (like) thing (i gave him.. kicking myself now..) went over there to slot those rounded hex heads and promptly snapped the cutting disk with some clumsiness I've got another option. I'll have that springiness out of the rear end by the weekend if it kills me.

I got some good pics and vids from the moto expo but havent really gone through them yet, I dumped 'em on a work computer and left them there..

Cant believe we missed you Ben, I saw you one minute then you had dissapeared!.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Nov 07, 2006, 02:28 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Troy, saturday lunchtime sounds good for me too.. I'll buzz you before I come down... (I've uploaded the pics from the MotoExpo too, but like you I hav'nt gone thru them yet either, just some.. I might put some up today..)

Simon,.. you have to come to Gilly, even if it's just to watch, oh, and bring your bike anyway,.. and your Tx,.. and everything else to run it,... I've got a spare OWB remember..!? JustKiding.. Come and have a look anyway..

Ben,.. did you say you were coming down, or have you got something on?.. I could'nt remember...

This weekend I want to get some footage of atleast one full lap around the track to upload here, so others get an idea of what the track looks like etc.. (I'm getting out the PMT-30/rear this time, the softer tires don't last on that surface and the heat, you don't need all that extra traction.. The 30's will cope much better, last longer, and they'll drift out nice on the exits...

Shaun
Old Nov 07, 2006, 04:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yer, I thought I got a glimse of Shaun for a second, but lost him in the crowd. Anyway, had a good time, the only problem is that im getting pressure from the g/f to get her a bike

Hope I can make it on Sat but I am up in Townsville for most of the week and my bike is in bits atm. I might come anyway to add numbers to the bike scene and meet some new ppl.

Im not great with a video camera Shaun, but I can give it a go.

Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Nov 07, 2006, 04:20 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
So your not coming to be over this week then..? I could fix those sliders in the forks for you and have your bike ready for the weekend.. Or just bring it with you on Saturday and I'll bring what we need to fix them, for good..!
Old Nov 07, 2006, 04:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
So your not coming to be over this week then..? I could fix those sliders in the forks for you and have your bike ready for the weekend.. Or just bring it with you on Saturday and I'll bring what we need to fix them, for good..!
Im heading home today, but might have some late night stuff to do when I get back. What I might do is drive to work tomorrow and bring my stuff (and your F/W card), then head to your place that arvo. Sound ok? let me know if not suitable.

Cheers
Ben
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Nov 07, 2006, 04:36 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexzzt
Im heading home today, but might have some late night stuff to do when I get back. What I might do is drive to work tomorrow and bring my stuff (and your F/W card), then head to your place that arvo. Sound ok? let me know if not suitable.

Cheers
Ben
Sounds good!.. I have to work that night (10pm start), last set/show for the year to touch-up (couple of hours in it) but that's about it.. Got some other work on next week, but nothing major..

See you tomorrow arvo then..

Shaun
Old Nov 08, 2006, 12:38 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Simon,.. you have to come to Gilly, even if it's just to watch, oh, and bring your bike anyway,.. and your Tx,.. and everything else to run it,... I've got a spare OWB remember..!? JustKiding.. Come and have a look anyway.. Shaun
I thought of that but my tinker turned into making the bike into little pieces and just checking things out......when my bits get here I will make it one again.

My work shedule has gone from bad to worse, I thought by second job was going to be a twice what I normally do but its four times I will come for a look but only for about an hour. I am happy to play camera man, I can bring mine but if I tape with yours at least you will be able to get the footage up quicker than me....might also bring my wifes fancy SLR for some photos.

Hey Troy, just wondering what motor you normally run and what motor of shauns you were running??

One more thing, if there was a class started up next year for the bikes, would it be gas or electric?? If you guys are mostly running electric then I would be interested in getting an electric bike also......I mean if I had to I would, we hate having to buy new bikes but if I have to

Simon
Old Nov 08, 2006, 01:38 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I run a 19t venom motor usually. Shauns got a ss5800 novak brushless we put in there a couple of weeks ago to test it out and it absolutely blows the 19t away. It's also good to bring out any issues with the bike as far as handling goes. The 19t dosent really punish the bike too much but with the brushless you can see it squirming under power and getting headshakes coming out of turns.
It also made me appreciate the need for brakes, engine braking with the 19t is adequate enough but with the novak you really -need- front brakes to pull up for corners. Maybe it just needed a softer touch to get the most from the engine braking with the novak but most of the time i wiped out sliding when trying to slow down.

As for racing, i've heard a few places running both gas and electric bikes until there are enough competitors to seperate into two classes, I could see it working this way. I think we'd all need some hefty practice to give Shaun a run for his money
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Nov 08, 2006, 02:24 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
Thats good to know, I do have an older novak speedy and brushed motors down to about twelve turn. Batteries are the main thing that I am lacking for an electric setup, all my older packs have died due to no use and all I have that are any good are two 1700scrs that I use for my rotostart. Of coarse I still need heaps of practice and anything too fast would be bad.....I was just trying to figure out what I needed for an electric setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I think we'd all need some hefty practice to give Shaun a run for his money
Yeah I kinda figure Shaun must go pretty hard judging by the picture posted a while back of his rear tyre

Simon
Old Nov 08, 2006, 03:25 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
lol If/when we start racing, I think we'd just run what we have for the time being untill we get others into it.. (Wait and see what everyone gets onto first, nitro/elec, etc) Also, I thought about having stagered starts, but also, maybe having a handycap for those who want it.. (I don't mind starting last ) Anyway, I won't be trying to out do anyone straight away, it'll be fun just playing with y'all,... like, 'dodging the back marker' practice..
NO,.. it'll be all good fun, it's better that way, less stress and others will like the bike scene cause of that and will want to join us too.. (The guys that are over the TC scene anyway) lol

Shaun
Old Nov 08, 2006, 03:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Hey, Simon,.. you won't be alone, if your racing your nitro, I'll be racing mine then too,.. I love my nitros..! Anything goes at first I say..

Later on, we could have 2 classes, a Stock class ((High turn brushed [upto 10turn] / Low turn BL motors [Nvk5800ss] - for those just getting into it)).., and a Nitro class.. I think a high Kv Brushless class would come later on ((due to the costs of getting started, lipos, BL setup, the chassis to cope with it all etc..))

What do you guys think..? I know the stock class is'nt really stock but alot of guys now allready have that type of gear.. We'll know/find out when we start anyway..

Shaun
Old Nov 08, 2006, 04:17 AM
Goldcoast QLD
Joined May 2006
351 Posts
For sure fun is priority number one, reguardless of the difference in speed and skill we will all enjoy having more bikes on the track. I like your class ideas, lipos etc... would be way beyond my budget and skill level so the brushed/mild brushless class would be a good one, and the nitro's of course.

Simon
Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Gilston meet in 2 weeks..26th-Nov

Ok,... Chris, the Onroad pres. at Gilston asked me today if we'd want to have a meet on the 26th to make up the numbers etc due to the Onroad titals at Brendale..., so if anyones keen, we've got the go'ahead if we want.. It'll just be a fun thing anyway and will give them an idea of what to expect from the bikes in reguards to starting them off and marshaling etc.etc... All we need is 3 or more to race.. So don't be shy..

Also,.. I think we've drawn in some potential bikes from the car guys, two of then today were asking me everything about them, and both of them ride 1/1 bikes too which helps... But the best part of the day today was, this little kid (about 5yrs) comes upto me and said,.. here's my bike I told you about 2 weeks back.., and he pulls out a TTe DUC,.. You should have seen the smile on my face.. 2 weeks ago he was with his dad and was asking me all about them, and his dad said he was bugging him all week afterwards to get him one, so he did.. His dad races 1/8's and Open gas tourers,.. but the best thing is he drives both of his dad's cars and he's not slow..! I think he'll pick up on the bikes pretty quickly, I recon.. He was running his preety good out in the car park,.. Troy gave him a run of his bike too...

lol Troy, you better look out for him if he catches on fast.. lol

Anyhow,.. let me know if your all interested,.. it would be cool to have most of us there for support... It'll be an all Elec. day too,.. non Nitro day, Chris said.. Nitro's are on the following weekend...

Shaun

[EDIT] BTW,.. here's a link to their RCTech forum..> Here , and a link to their web site..> Here..
Last edited by scaulfi; Nov 11, 2006 at 03:15 PM.