Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:19 AM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about the tail height. Becase the tail and main chassis are one, it's not that simple. But a new motor mount and side plate will fix it.

I actually increased the shock by about 5mm to get the clearance I wanted down below. The next one will have a little more adjustment, as well as a layed down shock for the rear.

Lipo's are on the way too! ...
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:39 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,672 Posts
Brendale race results: 11/7/09

Here's the results from Saturday night. The night started off good and we all got in some good laps for the 1st 2nd and 3rd heats. The track temp early in the night was about 18c, then by the final the track temp dropped to 14c and the dew had really set in. Anyone who got into the grass would have to go easy for the next few corners till they found traction again. Soft 200 cuts definetly.. Trying to get the nitro bike around in the final with 100 cuts was a bit of a hand full. I think Ross and Eden had soft ons sorry, softs on.., I had a R/200 tyre balding on the electric bike, mainly on the side I needed the most , and I think Dave was using a GRP R/soft with sucsess. Ross finished 1st in the final round blowing everyone off the board, literaly, and did it with only one lap!

I hope they get the computer sorted for next time. I hate not knowing what we all did in the final..

That was the last race till I get back from the worlds too, at least I'll only miss 1 maybe 2 rounds while I'm gone.. Btw, I'll let you all know when these PMT's turn up, early this week I hope, then we can sort something out for payment/pickup etc.

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
.., and I think Dave was using a GRP R/soft with sucsess.
I had little to no success
Even with your tire warmers, it was a lost cause.
I had to pull over after a few minutes in the final because I had absolutely no traction. I didn't want to over-work the Marshals.

Bring on the winter tires I say
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Last edited by Havago Racing; Jul 13, 2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:00 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I think Bring On Summer would make an even better statement.
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:27 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,672 Posts
Our tyres arrived.

Our tyres arrived. What a relief, cutting it fine for me, glad their here now though.. I sent everyone PM's..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
While Shaun is away....

Shaun's off to compete at the Worlds so we will miss him for a little while (Good luck mate - hope you do well )

We have 1/5 bike racing scheduled for this Saturday night and I've got my new PMT 200 tires glued and bolted on the bike ready and waiting

Who else can make it?

The following fortnight (8th August) there is no bike racing at Brendale because of the AARCMCC Qld IC Championships so .....
I was hoping to hit the Gilston track (Gold Coast) on the Sunday 9th August for some day racing
Is anyone else interested?

It is a normal race day according to their calendar so hopefully we can join in (providing we have enough numbers)
We can race 1/5, 1/8 or both depending on how everyone feels.

So what do you say?

Dave
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I'll be up for Gilston on the 9th, 5th scale is my preference but we can run the 8's (instead/as well) if others prefer.
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:36 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
If we can get at least 4 including me this saturday, I'm there. If not, I'll have to skip it. That said, if we miss this weekend, I won't be able to race for a month. That doesn't sound good at all

You can't come this weekend Troy?

Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Well so far we possibly have two bikes able to race tomorrow night.

(Ross and myself)

If we don't have any others interested, we will give it a miss.

So if you do want to come race, please speak up before we definitely cancel the race night and leave it to the Super Trucks to have their fun.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:09 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
Well it looks like there's no bike racing tommorrow. I was the only one coming from up here this time so I think I'll just have to wait for a month. Very disappointing.

I am looking forward to racing again though.

You've got a month boys, commence negotiations with the boss asap!

Ross.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:04 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61DUB

You can't come this weekend Troy?
Sorry mate, if it were weekend days I would be fine, Saturday nights are just off limits, if we dont have social activities already planned its deemed "family time". I like my routines, its just a shame it conflicts with Brendales schedule for us.

I havent raced my 5th scale for months! im feeling it for sure, but until we get our day sessions back i'll have to deal with it.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:05 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
On a side note, Lenny, if you're still reading, theres a new local hobby shop opened up in Helensvale/Oxenford on Siganto drive, havent been in yet but it looks good.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:24 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
Family time is important. I'm going to take the opportunity for some this Saturday night myself now.

Have a good one, hopefully we'll catch up soon.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
would anyone be interested in running at the Sunny Coast on Sunday? Apparently we may be able to run a bike class if we get 3 bikes. At this stage, there's at least Chow, Shev, and maybe me and maybe two others.

We're going to find out for sure. If you're interested, PM me you mobile numbers and I'll text you if it's on and what time. I have Lenny's number but not Dave or Troy's.

Thanks.
Ross.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:35 AM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Where on the Sunny Coast would you be running the bikes?
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt