HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:04 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
I won't be there, we are heading up to the sunny coast for the weekend.
In fact the next 5 weekends are crazy for us. I'll try and get a wed evening in at Logan though if it happens. I got an 1800Mah lipo for the venom, perfect fit and runs for ages.

Ross, get in touch with Jamie at CMS, i'm sure he'll have them in stock contact@cmsraceperformance.com.au

Have fun!
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:26 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I'm not sure as to when I'll get there, But I will be there.
Ross, What part number are you after, I should have one spare.

Len.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
155 Posts
Thanks Lenny. According to Tower Hobbies website, it's part number 0153. On their website it's called "Venom Chain Sprocket 28T GPV1". They're only $1.40US, so they're not dear, just hard to get hold of locally and the bike's useless without it.

It's a shame I can't stay for racing but I am really looking forward to getting to the track again. I may actually be able to do the first race if they get started early enough.

Thanks.
Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Apr 17, 2009, 07:39 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Ross,
I've got a 0153 that you'll be able to borrow until you get another.

Len.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
155 Posts
THanks Len. See you there.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Apr 19, 2009, 03:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Well for those who couldn't make it, we were low on numbers and started late again but did manage to run
* One qualifying round of 1/5 bikes,
* Two rounds of 1/8 bike racing and
* One 1/5 bike final.

With the 1/8 bikes, Shaun ran his mini KP while Lennie, Allan and my self ran our GPV-1 bikes. Allan suprised us with his ability considering how much practice time he has had with his bike.
I think we all discovered that the little bikes are even harder to see at night and opted to use a track layout that didn't use the back straight. Unfortunately no one had transponders in our bikes so no lap info was possible but was enjoyable anyway.

I patched up my rear shock on the GPV-1 this afternoon using bits from an old TL01 shock bottom so I'm back in action again!

I did check the Logan race calendar today and I would like to cordially invite any 1/8 scale bikers in South East Queensland to come and race their limited edition Mini KP, Kyosho HOR or Venom GPV-1 starting Wednesday night 29th April. The Logan club run a mid-week race meet every fortnight on-road vehicles that are not touring car so mark it on your must-do list.
I believe racing will start at 7pm, so be there earlier to get some practice in and nominate.

This will give hopefully everyone ample time to seek special permission from loved ones (hint for Troy or replace any damaged parts so their bikes are race-worthy .

If anyone doesn't know where the Logan (Slacks Creek) track is, let me know.

This will mean that hopefully we will have 1/8th scale bike racing mid week every fortnight and 1/5 bike racing on the same weekend.

So what does everyone think?
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Apr 19, 2009, 03:27 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
195 Posts
Looks like the Sydney Venom GPV-1 class is going ahead next week. Thanks to test driver and pat1967 for showing up at the track today for a few laps in. I think our bikes handled pretty well today considering it was cooler and track was a bit dusty.

To all Sydney Venom GPV-1 owners hope you can make it on the 26 April clubby. Details of the track can be found: http://www.racingfactory.org/content/

Maybe down the track we can have a NSW vs QLD Venom GPV-1 challenge
danjoy25 is offline Find More Posts by danjoy25
Last edited by danjoy25; Apr 19, 2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 03:50 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
It was good to have a run on a track but we found a weak spot on the venom. After a couple of mild flips, I found the front forks bent back (dan, it wasn't the body moving forwards as I first thought). I had the original fork shafts to I put them in. It I will be making a set with a stronger upper section so they don't bend so easy. Pat's headstock had a failure but I had a spare from my race cbassis so he will be up and running again in no time
The track is similar surface to gilston so it seems pretty good for the venom bikes. Can't wait till next week for the first race
Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:45 AM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Thanks for the invite and track time, it was great catching up. Swapping the tires around on the little venom seemed to make quite a difference, I think I'm settled on the soft front and medium rears, thanks to Dan for supplying the test tires.

Eden, I got the replacement heads stock in and actually snuck another hour in with the bikes this afternoon, thanks for saving the day. It actually seems a lot tighter and no where near as much play with the standard head stock. Will get another couple till I get some time to knock out a few alloy ones.

Will catch you guys next Sunday ...
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
Old Apr 19, 2009, 07:28 AM
Joined Apr 2009
13 Posts
OMG, How wicked is RC Bike racing lol. I ran for the first time at Brendale on Saturday. Will definatly be down for racing at Meakin on wednesday nights. Thanks for all the help guys.
TOA57Y is offline Find More Posts by TOA57Y
Old Apr 19, 2009, 07:38 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
Great to see the bike scene picking up again.

Great to have you with us the other night too Allan..

Hopefully meakin park is up and running by the time I get back.

I'm doing the Bedworth round on the 26th, taking the Venoms and the miniKP with me too.. See you all in 4weeks..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:38 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Hi Shaun, you landed in the UK already or emailing from a plane???

See you soon, have booked the weather to make you feel at home but can only rustle up about 17 degs C this week sorry!
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:37 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I think I found a fix for my broken fork shaft problem. A little tinkering at work and I came up with this.
You can see the difference between the original and my new ones.

Eden

(sorry about the quality of the pic. was taken with my phone camera)

BTW Pat thanks for the info.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Can't see you bending them - nice job!
Got that design saved on a CNC programme so you can knock out small batches in your lunch hour????
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:14 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
No cnc there Dez. I think the 5mm top shad might be a bit of an overkill so I am going to try a set with 4mm shaft. There not dificult to make so I may do a few sets when I can get a chance.
Eden