HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:12 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
518 Posts
Sunday morning timeslot works well for me.

I prefer 3x7 mins as well.

So what are peoples thoughts on GCMR ?, are we giving up on them or just two timing with Brendale ?.

If the difference makes it easier to get more bikes on the track I'm all for Brendale. Having Ben, Ross (& potentially other northerners) and the occasional Eden appearance - plus its a more interesting track/facilities and atmosphere seems to make up for the longer trip/day for us GC'ers (for me, anyway).
TroyM is offline Find More Posts by TroyM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:46 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I'm all in for Brendale this year.

More people, well organized club and better facilities does it for me. Also the fact that GCMR will cancel a race meet with no notice.

Where is GCMR racing anyway this year? Isn't the Gilston track closing & relocating to Burleigh?

I'm going to go to the race meet & AGM on the 1st Feb to see whats happening anyway.

Len.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Sunday morning timeslot works well for me.
There are some Saturday afternoon time slots too.
The first one will be Saturday 4th April 4pm.

This would give us time to make our bikes as bright as possible so we can see them down the back straight. I think i'll try and fit lights (headlight and tail light) like Ross did
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:09 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I must say, Ross' did look the part running at night. I even heard a few comments from the other races saying that they thought it looked effective.

Anyway, its NOT allowed to rain this weekend because I don;t want to drive all that way not to be racing.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 20, 2009, 01:40 AM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
144 Posts
The worst part about the lights was, everybody could see how crap I was doing!
61DUB is online now Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:21 AM
Joined Jan 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61DUB
I watched the bikes at Brendale and went out and bought one. I am looking forward to racing with you guys soon. I'm sure I can be the best crap driver out there.
bigp0_1 is offline Find More Posts by bigp0_1
Old Jan 20, 2009, 03:00 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I'm looking forward to racing under the lights, I've got something for the bike that I reckon will really help with visibility. Shhh secret.

Also welcome to bigp0_1, glad to hear that we've hooked another.

Troy, Do you want a lift on Sunday?

Len.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 20, 2009, 03:10 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61DUB
I like the idea of running with head lights at night, I'd fit just one head light on the front but use a Mag light torch end so you light the back straight up..

Gotto watch you don't blind the toads or they'll just sit there in your way.. Like kangaroos do..
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jan 20, 2009, 03:36 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Yeah, Welcome bigpo-1.. Glad to have you with us.. Good to see your going to take the plunge and start racing without much practice,.. but I think it's better to get on the track to learn.. Just don't try to drive the bike like a car thru the turns, just initiate the bike into the turn and use the throttle out..

We're all here to help anyway, don't hesitate to ask for help.. And there is'nt really any real rules yet other than our motor limit is 5800kv BL or 12T brushed, and lipos/NiMh etc.. As we get bigger we'll start running Stock and Open classes..

Btw,.. I'm all for Brendale, you never know when racing will be at GCMR,.. like Lenny said.. It's just a better overall facility.. We might need to think about becoming members though.. So we don't ruffle any feathers..

Lenny, I think I still owe you $10 entry from our last meet at GCMR..

Shaun
Old Jan 20, 2009, 04:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Lenny, I think I still owe you $10 entry from our last meet at GCMR..

Shaun
I think that was me. Its ok - no sweat. You can take it off my bill for bits if you like
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing
Old Jan 20, 2009, 04:56 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
I got a hyperdyne light system on my GPV-1. Twin head lights, tail light with working brake light. In the day it's as bright as heck, at night it lights up the back yard.
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:01 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuts
I got a hyperdyne light system on my GPV-1. Twin head lights, tail light with working brake light. In the day it's as bright as heck, at night it lights up the back yard.
I just bought a light kit localy, 2front/2rear, only cost me $15 inc postage.. I'll soon see how bright they are when they get here.. The Mag light torch front peice I've got should fit both LED's inside it which should make it really bright. Should have it by Fri..

I saw that Hyperdyne site, just a bit expensive for what I want.. Nice lighting kits though..
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:13 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,740 Posts
Sunday Racing.....

Btw,.. just got an email from Steve about racing on Sunday. He needs to know how many of us will be there, and if you could send him an email asap so he knows the numbers etc..> FG.trucks@bigpond.com The more people we get there will assure our slot at Brendale, so please let him know.. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2008
144 Posts
I'm out sorry, working. Shev and Chow have family committments and won't make it either.
61DUB is online now Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Btw,.. just got an email from Steve about racing on Sunday. He needs to know how many of us will be there, and if you could send him an email asap so he knows the numbers etc..> FG.trucks@bigpond.com The more people we get there will assure our slot at Brendale, so please let him know.. Thanks!
Email sent, I'll be there.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt