HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:11 AM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Ross,

The places I order from haven't any stock atm. I see www.modelflight.com.au has the RTF in stock for $369 which is around the price I expected to see. The bare fuselages are getting harder to find here Australia.

I'll keep an eye out for ya though.

You wouldn't be running a 4 channel radio on your crawler by any chance are you?

No probs regarding the body, Glad Shev's happy. Also I checked out that video on youtube. Good work on the video, nice work.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
I've got a question, I ask for Shev as he's currently without internet. The rear wheel on his bike is angled severly to the left. So bad that the chain is rubbing on the tyre. He's running the standard swing arm. Is it possible to bend (without breaking) the cast alloy swingarm or could it be a bent axle bolt or is there something else going on?

The swing arm doesn't look bent. We couldn't pull the axle off because we were at a carpark tonight without tools.

My bike's running even better now I've got 40wt shock oil in it. Excellent traction out of corners.

Thanks.
Ross.
61DUB is offline Find More Posts by 61DUB
Old Jan 14, 2009, 04:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61DUB
I've got a question, I ask for Shev as he's currently without internet. The rear wheel on his bike is angled severly to the left. So bad that the chain is rubbing on the tyre. He's running the standard swing arm. Is it possible to bend (without breaking) the cast alloy swingarm or could it be a bent axle bolt or is there something else going on?

The swing arm doesn't look bent. We couldn't pull the axle off because we were at a carpark tonight without tools.

My bike's running even better now I've got 40wt shock oil in it. Excellent traction out of corners.

Thanks.
Ross.
Yes, I have done the exact same thing with a cast swing arm, I managed to bend and twist it. I threw it in the vise and as soon as I put just enough force on it to bend it back it snapped. Best thing to do is get a stock, milled single sided swing arm, or get one of the dual sided upgrade swingers.

Another option (which I have raced with for a season without any problems), is to get another cast dual side swing arm, but also get the TT nitro rear axle for it. This way the axle is not fixed to one side of the swing, but both, and this makes it a much stronger setup. I haven't bent it yet.
Nexzzt is offline Find More Posts by Nexzzt
Old Jan 15, 2009, 01:10 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Hi guys,
Steve (from the trucks) just requested our e-mail address' so he can comunicate race dates etc. As I don't have everyones, if you would like updates to do with racing etc, e-mail steve on the e-mail address I listed a couple of posts back.

Eden

BTW, I should be able to make it up there for the first official meet on the 25th.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:44 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,625 Posts
Eden, thanks for that, I'll send him my email asap.. Yep, I'll be up for the 25th too.., so that's definetly 3 of us, I think, or more I hope..!

Ben..? Be good to have you back for your first offical Brendale 1/5 bike race meet.. You know that track too.. Btw, you got that bike of yours finished yet?..

Ross, what Ben said about the swingers is true, you guys up there should all put in for a 2WheelHobbies order, Tornado swingers, Intergy or Revo shocks, Billet Ali fork stems, micro drives.., get those bikes in racing trim..

Shaun
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jan 15, 2009, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Yes I will be there, but I will have to quickly get a bike together, probably my old one. I may need to leave early depending on the on how long the meet runs for.

Ben
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:02 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I'm going to bring my new McLarney but not sure if it will be ready to run.

Eden
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:12 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Ben..? Be good to have you back for your first offical Brendale 1/5 bike race meet.. You know that track too..
Shaun
Yes, I know the back fence, the grass, the concrete barrier of the pits.......

Quote:
Btw, you got that bike of yours finished yet?..
Shaun
Na, waiting on that swing arm
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:41 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
What time does the meet start at Brendale, and when will people be getting there? I thinking of getting there a bit early to get some laps in....its been a while.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:32 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,625 Posts
Ben, like I said before, if you need to loan a chass for the day your welcome to it, just let me know a day or so before the 25th and I'll take the motor/esc out of it.. It's got a repelling mechanisum in it that helps it stay away from solid obsticals.. Got spare lipos too..

Also, check the Brendale web site for the dates/times etc...> http://www.qrccra.org.au/

Shaun

Btw everyone,.. what would you rather have,..

3x 7min Heats & 1x 10min Final..? OR 4x 5min Heats & 1x 10min Final

I guess we'd wait and see how much time we'll have for the day and going on the Truck heats etc, but I was just curious to see what you guys might have in mind..
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Ben, like I said before, if you need to loan a chass for the day your welcome to it, just let me know a day or so before the 25th and I'll take the motor/esc out of it.. It's got a repelling mechanisum in it that helps it stay away from solid obsticals.. Got spare lipos too..
Thanks for the offer, but I nearly have a bike together so should be good

Quote:
Also, check the Brendale web site for the dates/times etc...> http://www.qrccra.org.au/
Cheers for the link, I also just realised Eden posted the start time I downloaded the spread sheet that even lists the EP 5th scales bikes. I can email or post it if anyone is interested (the QRCCRA site is agonizingly slow)

Quote:
3x 7min Heats & 1x 10min Final..? OR 4x 5min Heats & 1x 10min Final
I prefer longer heats, you only just start getting into the grove in the first few minutes and then it's all over.

Ben
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,625 Posts
Ben, I'll bring the spare chass with me anyway just incase..

Also, could you post up the spread sheet here, as an attachment.. I found their site to be boringly slow too..

Yeah, I prefure longer heats too, more track time anyday..
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:00 PM
Gold Coast
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I would rather the longer heats too.

I see GCMR has released their race calendar for 2009. February 1st Racing and AGM.
Carisma is offline Find More Posts by Carisma
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
QRCCRA 2009 Race Calendar (I had to zip the file as RCG does not allow Excel files to be uploaded. I can email it to anyone who cannot unzip it):

PS: Does anyone want the membership form?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Boondall
Joined Nov 2007
215 Posts
Quote:
...Yeah, I prefure longer heats too, more track time anyday..
We had no issue with 15 minutes for a final because our bikes spend collectively 5 minutes + stuck in the grass waiting for the marshalls (who were run off their feet)
I noticed that you started to dump near then end of the 15 minutes - maybe you should park in the grass more often to save you battery (and give the rest of us a chance )

I think curved crash bars like Troy uses may be more ideal than the ones bent at right angles so that they don't catch on the grass and stop and trap the bike on the spot.

Oh how I wish I was bike racing this Sunday!
(I'm secretly hoping that we get rained out on Saturday and give up camping and come home early .)
Havago Racing is offline Find More Posts by Havago Racing